Posts created by sheaflyin

posted in Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collector's Edition on Jun 26, 11 6:14 PM
Kelvarda wrote:
sheaflyin wrote:Well this is embarrassing, I see the hammer handle under the seat, I get the dialog about taking the seat out but I can't figure out where to get this tool. I looked in the strategy and all it says is take the handle. I've back-tracked and can't find anything I missed. I hope there's still traffic here! Thanks in advance

Hi there - It's not UNDER the seat, it's actually standing up at the right hand side of it. Just move your cursor around and you should be able to grab it. The thing under the seat is a Piano Key (that you do need, but you need to find the Saw, to dismantle the seat)

Kel

Thank you so much Kelvarda. (Let's just pretend it was much more difficult than that )

posted in Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collector's Edition on Jun 26, 11 6:45 AM
Well this is embarrassing, I see the hammer handle under the seat, I get the dialog about taking the seat out but I can't figure out where to get this tool. I looked in the strategy and all it says is take the handle. I've back-tracked and can't find anything I missed. I hope there's still traffic here! Thanks in advance

posted in Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collector's Edition on Jun 23, 11 3:21 PM
sandebeach wrote:I'm not sure how to help, but just checking, did you get the lens already to put in the telescope? You need both the feather and the lens.

Thanks Sandebeach, I had the lens in. I flipped the mirror then went back to the telescope and looked in and saw the code, then backed out. Then I realized I needed to write the code with the feather pen, which I had, but it won't let me back to the telescope. Thanks anyhow.

posted in Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collector's Edition on Jun 23, 11 3:12 PM
Gamesetter_ wrote:- Download took 3,5 hours
- Game is slow
- First bug: Clown was correct painted, puzzle did not go further - could be only solved by skipping the puzzle.
- Second bug: Got the code from the telescope, the game told me, that I have it, it dissapeared, can't go on as the follow up puzzle tell's me, that I need the code first.

Yeah, I'm having a problem with the telescope too. Flipped the mirror, went back to the telescope and looked at the code. Didn't know to write it with the feather pen and now it won't let me go up to the telescope again. I 'live chatted' with customer service and he said if this IS a problem for a lot of players then they'll ask for a fix. Don't know how many players it'll take! I said, if it's a problem, it's a problem. Not much help there. Guess I'll start over 'cause it doesn't look like BF is in a hurry to fix it.

posted in Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collector's Edition on Jun 23, 11 1:24 PM
I posted this in Tech support, thought I might have better luck here.

Not sure but I think this is a bug. Went to the room where the mother is and flipped the mirror. Went back to the room with the telescope and looked at the code. Was wandering around and then looked at the Guide. Said when I looked at the code I should write with the feather, which I had but didn't use. Now it won't let me go back to the telescope to write with the feather and won't trip the hidden object. I have circled all over the telescope and it won't let me back. Please let me know if it's me or the game. Thanks

posted in Grim Facade: Mystery of Venice Collector's Edition on Jun 23, 11 12:35 PM
Not sure but I think this is a bug. Went to the room where the mother is and flipped the mirror. Went back to the room with the telescope and looked at the code. Was wandering around and then looked at the Guide. Said when I looked at the code I should write with the feather, which I had. Now it won't let me go back to the telescope to write with the feather and won't trip the hidden object. I have circled all over the telescope and it won't let me back. Please let me know if it's me or the game. Thanks

posted in Dreamland on Jun 8, 11 1:24 PM
I love having extra things to find! Thanks so much!

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on May 18, 11 11:13 PM
rdelliott wrote:I'm only on chapter 2 and have it almost solved, except I'm missing 1 last piece for a puzzle. I can't tell if I'm looking for a triangle or a triangle in a ball. Where is it?

Well, aren't you in for a treat!!! You go to the TV by the drawbridge and play a 1st edition video game. (Sounds fun, huh??) (Sounds easy, huh??) Then a little tug boat shows up and gives you the triangle. That's "all" you have to do.

Seriously, the best advice is what I gave previously, find the walkthrough and study it like the Rosetta Stone.

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on May 18, 11 7:39 PM
PPS Shipworm....Google the "Tiny Bang Story Walkthrough". It's on another game site. I'd tell you but I don't know how to do the secret spoiler writing. You'll also want to save the walkthrough in 'favorites'. You'll need it. When that doesn't work, it's how-to is also on Youtube. I even have another laptop open to the walkthrough. Can't say I'm not determined!

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on May 18, 11 7:34 PM
PS Ladyinkslinger.....This sweet little game will suck you in and then "bam"! Trust me, it doesn't get any easier.

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on May 18, 11 7:31 PM
Thank you, Huntington. (I already made this promise after Mushroom Age! It was such a fun game....but I would never bounce balls off a planet again. Then this one came along, I played the trial hour and I thought, 'Oh, these aren't so tough.' Famous last words typed from the laptop that's about to learn how to fly!)

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on May 18, 11 3:16 PM
I will never buy a game without a skip again! I really like this game BUT, I am about to throw my laptop out the window with these puzzles. Sorry, just a little tantrum.....

posted in Hollywood Files: Deadly Intrigues on May 9, 11 11:36 AM
Uh, ok....so as not to be too negative....the music wasn't too bad. (I mean the 4 mins I heard while playing the game)

posted in Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition on May 9, 11 7:25 AM
Now that my friends is (was) a GAME!!! This game is a must-have and I thank the developers for all the work and effort they put into this one. It's long and has beautiful art work. They might have to start a new category: Super Collector's Edition. Thanks again

posted in Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde: The Strange Case on Mar 6, 11 8:02 PM
darkdisciple1313 wrote:Oy vey! This is the first game I've seen since I've been coming to BFG that had (if I calculated correctly) not a single positive review, to the point that the really, really nice people here didn't even try to be polite about it. Makes you wonder if the folks who clear these games were out waaaay too late last night and somehow let this turkey (which is an insult to that particular fowl, my apologies to the bird) slip by.

So, if by "extended version," the developers mean being waterboarded for twenty minutes as opposed to fifteen, then I guess that's accurate. I've had surgery for an ingrown toenail that was more pleasant (and a whole lot shorter).

Wait, here's a positive comment! "Thankfully, there are hundreds of other games out there with which one can spend their time, leaving this behemoth of a stinker to rot in the offal whence it came." Well, I tried anyway.

Now that was funny!

posted in Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde: The Strange Case on Mar 6, 11 7:56 PM
mar39 wrote:I don't like the way the game plays at all. I finally got to a place where I solved a puzzle and it is telling me to pick up the matchbox (even makes it shine) and there is no way, no how, I can click on the dang thing and pick it up.

I wish SOMEBODY would come up with a good Jekyll and Hyde and/or Jack The Ripper game. I've not found one yet that is worth playing and I'm a sucker for that stuff.

Edit: The storyline is nothing like the book, believe me.

Spoiler below (if you really care)

Took me a while to figure out, but you have to "pay" the non-existent Match Girl with your coin.

posted in Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde: The Strange Case on Mar 6, 11 7:46 PM
My thoughts exactly, first you click a lot to 'clear' the room then you are penalized for clicking too much. Oh, and then they 'hide' stuff. Where you might ask. Why right behind the huge light blinking off and on.

posted in Maestro: Music of Death Collector's Edition on Feb 18, 11 12:52 PM
tillybaby wrote:I am about three hours into the game and it's crashed, firstly the curser wouldn't move etc. so I decided to close the game to come on here to look for a solution, when I got onto the screen for quit that's when the whole lot crashed so now I have to start all over again grrrrrrrrrr.

This has just happened to me for the SECOND time. I had opened the wine bottle and crash. After I started the game again I received a "The save game file was corrupted. Please create a new profile." Did I mention this was the second time???

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Feb 13, 11 12:02 PM
Thank you, thank you!

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Feb 13, 11 8:37 AM
However did you figure that out???

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator