Posts created by samwise50

I bought the first one last November. Artogon is the one that developed Treasure Seekers. You can see the similarities. I enjoyed the first Crystal Portal very much. I hope this one keeps up to their standards.
Off to downloading we go...

posted in Little Folk of Faery on Mar 30, 10 6:50 AM

So, it's a TM game?

In the email I received it says "Little Folk of Faery Strategy Game".

I can't play TM's, it makes me feel extremely anxious.

Too bad.

posted in Island: The Lost Medallion on Mar 28, 10 11:15 AM
I hope I won't get hurt.
After 30 minutes I gave up.
The music is a total cacophony (ok, I can turn it off, which I did). The story line is dull. The dialogues are irritating, e.g. “I’ve got the medallion but Pam is gone, I’d rather have her back”, duh! On a 24” screen I can’t find most of the objects, teeny tiny pieces. Eye strain. The puzzles are elementary; no brainstorming. Very boring game. Even the interactive part is annoying. This is simply MHO, very humble.
Sorry.

posted in Veronica Rivers: The Order Of Conspiracy on Mar 26, 10 5:53 PM
I purchased this one a little late. I had a list of games that were on the "maybe" side. With the SPRINGFEVER special I went through that list, watched videos again, and decided on this one. I don't regret it at all. I didn't remember what it was about because it's been a while. I really love the graphics, so professionally done, the story is pretty interesting, objects are not that easy to find sometimes; I have to use Hints every so often. The sound is pleasant, appropriate for each scene. I love to hear a clock, it reminds me of my childhood. I enjoy the puzzles. I started out with easy setting but very soon I switched to normal; too many interruptions and explanations that I don't need anymore. In all, this is a good purchase.
Good game!

posted in Unexpected Journey on Mar 25, 10 2:08 PM
Oh Boy! I am not going to spend a penny on this one. What a mess! There was no sound, which is ok if the music was going to be annoying anyway, which I expect it to be. Graphics are well, graphics, piles of stuff, a real mess. Oh, I'm sorry, it's "creative disorder". My eye! What is with opening the wardrobe closet 10 times, the same drawers 20 times, etc.? Find the cat, catch the cat, find the toy, find something tasty. C'mon, give me a break. Find 11 pages, 15 photos, Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. The boss is giving the girl a very hard time and she's all smile. This one is so annoying. I just can't stand that kind of games anymore. Sorry.
For those who like it, enjoy!

posted in Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition on Mar 25, 10 10:37 AM
biomix, I agree with you 100%. I too purchased all CEs but one (Treasure Seekers 3). This game is way too easy. I wish we could go from room to room, even outside into other buildings. Find the differences always kills me, I hate it, but everything else is ok. Boy! The graphics are gorgeous. Objects are very easy to find. Puzzles are easily done, tasks are very manageable. Anyway, I'll finish the demo and wait for a couple weeks to buy at regular price. We've been spoiled with amazing IHOGs/Adventures; unfortunately this one is lacking the adventure aspect.

posted in The Lost Cases of 221B Baker St. on Mar 24, 10 5:12 PM
I’ve changed my mind. I can’t stand “find the differences”, always did, always will. Besides, I said it was relaxing; so much so I got really bored. Straight HOGs are not for me anymore. Ok, I can't stand still, I need some action.
Not buying.

posted in The Lost Cases of 221B Baker St. on Mar 24, 10 1:44 PM
Well, it's a cute little game. It's actually quite relaxing after all the "Dark Parables", "Millennium Secrets", "Empress of the Deep", etc. It takes one like this every so often. Not sure yet if I'll buy but I'm certainly enjoying it for now. We'll see.

posted in Millennium Secrets: Emerald Curse on Mar 20, 10 6:03 PM
I am amazed. I have to admit that I love the game. The graphics sure did turned me off right away because they are bad, really bad, but everything else makes up for it. Anyway, the story line is pretty interesting, the music is not annoying at all, the search for clues and items is quite entertaining. The characters are believable. Not too much talking, you can even speed up or skip; great! Puzzles are on the easy side but not repetitive. I HATE "find the differences" so I hope there won't be more than one. Actually, the whole game makes sense. I have to admit that I prefer gorgeous graphics and all but if the game is boring and stupid what's the point, right? It's different from what I've been playing for a while, change is good.
I'm buying, giving it 4 out of 5 because of the graphics.

posted in Alice in Wonderland on Mar 19, 10 2:37 PM
No disappointment here as I was not expecting anything. That being said, it's a no-go for me. It's not a bad game but it's not good either, something is off, I don't know what exactly. I just don't care for it I guess. There's much better to spend money on.
Sorry.

posted in Treasure Seekers: Follow the Ghosts on Mar 18, 10 12:32 PM
I've been waiting for this one. At last it's here. Didn't wait to buy. I must say it's the first time I don't buy a CE's. TS1 and 2 were just fine without all the bells and whistles that come with it so I waited. I started playing in Casual Mode but I find it too easy. It's like having someone looking over your shoulder and telling you where to find everything and what to do. I'll start up again using Advanced Mode. I think it'll be a bit more challenging, just the way I like it.

Anyway, I'm happy!
Thanks

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 12, 10 3:21 PM
I have just finished the game and the bonus level.

The bonus level is very short UNLESS you can do the puzzles which are extremely hard for me. There's a lot to memorize and I am not good at it.

In all, it was worth the $ because of all the good that's been said so far and I do agree with everything.

However, I didn't use the strategy guide nor the walk through (if any). I am not interested in wallpaper, not using them, I am also not using screen savers either, well other than "Starfield" . Yes the music is lovely but I won't listen to it over and over again. The concept art and novels are interesting and I applaud the creativity and talent of the artists but I would prefer to visit the developer's website to learn a bit more about all this.

My only real complaint is the following: Please, enough with Marble Puzzles. There will be a sequel, sounded like it, and I really hope people at Blue Tea Games will put their creativity and talent to good work and come up with something more diversified.

Loved it and I give it 5 again.

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 12, 10 2:00 PM
You're very welcome

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 12, 10 9:02 AM
Syrenia wrote:
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
Ukiah wrote:
My only quibble is that I don't like having to pull my monitor towards me to try to find items in the dark areas, since the way the light hits the monitor affects whether I can see to that tiny level of detail.
Ukiah

Change the Gamma to 1.45, and all the screens will be bright as in day light.

How does one do that? I have the same problem. I am just not tall enough for the top of my screen to be properly visible

You have to find your graphics driver and open its Display Control Panel. If you're using Windows XP, right click on your desktop, then Properties. In Display Properties click on Settings tab, then click Advanced. One tab should display your graphics card. That's where you can change the settings (Brightness, Contrast, Gamma, etc.).

Hope this helps.

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 11, 10 11:41 AM
I too was somewhere into chapter 3 after the trial. I was a little concerned after reading that someone finished within 3 hours, with breaks, but then I read that there were 14 chapters so I think it'll be way more than 5+ for me.
IMO Blue Tea Games did a fantastic job with this one. It's kind of a mix between Dire Grove, Treasure Seekers, and Magic Encyclopedia. I am still not sure if I prefer real HOs over finding parts though. Morphing items are a plus for me.
Graphics are stunning, music is lovely, story line is good. Puzzles are a bit on the hard side; I had to skip one. So far I give it 5 .
Now the big question is: do I get the CE? I decided to wait for the regular version of Treasure Seekers but this one is really hard to pass by.

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 11, 10 9:51 AM
3 hours, with breaks??? Sounds pretty short to me.

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition on Mar 11, 10 7:12 AM
I've read that so many people have problems downloading. For me, no problem. Running XP SP3 on iMac.
Feel bad for those who can't download.

posted in Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera on Mar 10, 10 4:23 PM
How come I've been able to finish the game with items still in my inventory? I can't remember if there were more than 2 but there were definitely the magnifying glass (not sure if it's the right word) and a key. Oh, yes there was also a wrench.

If I have to follow the walkthrough scrupulously in order to play the entire game, well it doesn't make sense. I should not have been able to finish. Something is missing here or I don't understand how the game was put together.

Just wondering.

posted in Delaware St. John: The Seacliff Tragedy on Mar 8, 10 12:13 PM
Started the game at 18:22. Tutorial with Simon. Story 1 at 18:28. Credits 18:30 to 18:31. Started playing at 18:33. Need a flashlight. Have to exit at 18:35
FORGOT TO SAVE. Well I didn't know nor noticed you had to do it each time you exit.
14:43 Have to go through the whole intro, credits and description of what happened to the Seacliff Amusement Park again. 14:49 went to the truck and got flashlight. 15:02 gave up. Can't figure this one out.
Not for me.

Thanks fairhavenfish01
That is basically what CS told me. I should not have downloaded it in the first place. I beta tested it in December and loved it so much, even more than the previous 2, so I can't wait to play Anyway I don't see the advantage of a CE for this game, unless there's something I don't know. If it added a lot to the game, I might consider. It would have to be a big "plus". I bought every CE but this one, I don't think so. I will uninstall and wait for the regular version.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator