Posts created by Robsim

posted in Final Cut: The True Escapade Collector's Edition on Nov 22, 14 6:14 AM
I was JUST asking myself - out loud - the same question last night, about a new MCF game coming out. . .although it never registered they (previous games) came out during Thanksgiving. Otherwise, it's all "wait and see"!!!

posted in Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle Collector's Edition on Aug 9, 14 8:24 AM
Bluecassie37 wrote:OK, this is going to seem picky, but it does wind me up when things are set in Britain but items are named American.

It grated when within 5 minutes of the game you are handed a flashlight (torch).

If you are setting some thing in Britain (or any country), do the research. MCF are particularly bad for it.

I respect what you're saying, Bluecassie, but did you consider that maybe/possibly the developers simply do this because the games are played by people of so many different countries? The U.S., Europe, and all other countries share many of the same items and names of the various objects (for illustration purposes: 'torch' could be used by both European and Asian countries, while 'flashlight' is used by both the U.S. and Australian countries, etc.). . .all while the setting of the game takes place in Great Britain, Iceland or. . .Istanbul. Everybody can identify, in their native land, what the object(s) is and learn different name useage (i.e., 'torch' & 'flashlight'). The developers have been doing this for years and I've always viewed it as a way to learn something different about other countries. . .even something as small as the various names of the same items we all use universally.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition on Jul 12, 14 8:15 AM
[quote=tammytheo "This is a nice little sale presented in a "tricky" little way. . .BF's answer was, more or less, that this sale has been designed for those who use the GM for their purchases."

Unless I've been doing something wrong, I've never been able to purchase games through my game manager. When I tried (it's been a few years ago now), it would keep telling me I "don't have a game credit available". It always wants a 'game credit' instead of allowing me to purchase the game the way I want to (via my bank acct. or a coupon code, etc.). Fortunately, it's not a big deal; but I can only purchase my games through the site/game page.

I do, however, catch the 'member specials' (such as this one) when they're indicated within the game manager only. Since I demo all games anyway, after clicking on the 'Play Now' (demo) button, my game manager instantly pops up and the 'member-only' sales stare me in the face when BF offers them. Thus, no missed sales here!!

-Robsim

posted in Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition on Jul 12, 14 7:36 AM
My review is geared towards the developers: These guys & gals are SOOOO cool, and I continue to be impressed with their creative talents and how they've developed/advanced in the quality of their gaming products.

What I REALLY like is the dynamic "Eipix Presents" opening/intro upon clicking on 'play', as well as its' insertion at the start of the actual game play; which makes you WANT to know what's going to happen. They've got my respect, as I consider them to be the 'Steven Spielberg' of gaming!!

p.s.: and I like their 'nod' to their Final Cut game at the lighthouse scene of Dead Reckoning. Nice touch added to another really good 'who dunnit'.

cottoncandy2 wrote:". . .it's always been my view that true spam is something totally unrelated to the forum and/or thread it's posted in."

I was under the same impression, cottoncandy2. In fact, I always thought SPAM to be unwanted/unsolicited advertisements; not what someone writes - off-topic - in a game forum. Also, it can be enjoyable to occasionally read something of human interest, indirectly related to a specific game, in the forum area (especially now that the 'Chit Chat' forum is gone). Once or twice, I've written something unrelated in the game-at-hand forum, but nothing too far off.

Also, as noted in a few posters' comments above, what does "OP" and "CCC" stand for?

Wow, Tamemiller. . .now that you mention it, you're right. When reading all of the reviews, I definitely look to see what either 'Nilosh' or 'Just the Facts' - our gaming 'Siskel & Ebert' reviewers - have to say. Nilosh. . .where are you????

Too funny. . .I just finalized playing 'The Agency of Anomalies - The Last Performance (CE)' by these same developers, yesterday evening, and - WOW - I forgot just how HARD (even in 'casual' mode) that game is.

Lately, I've found myself revisiting/playing many of the older games I have in my 'Purchase History', mostly from 2011 and early 2012; with 1 from 2010 that actually worked on Windows 8.1 (not sure how many from that far back will work). For me, after having purchased so many games - which have evolved in style/mechanics/etc. - over a time span of seven years (been with BFG since 2007), the replaying of these [old] games is almost like playing a new release; considering I've forgotten what the scenes are, where I'm going, what I'm to do next, etc. It's pretty cool!! After I uninstalled 'Anomalies', I then installed the first/original 'House of 1,000 Doors', and can hardly remember anything about it -- again, giving it the feel of a "free" and new CE release. It even has morphing objects that I don't recall the game's having when it first released (lol).

Well. . .just thought I would share my trip down 'memory lane' with ya'll. If you haven't done so, you might wanna go into your 'Purchase History' and give it a whirl to see what I mean.

Look forward to installing and playing the demo of this game later today. Hope everyone had a Happy 4th!?!

Robsim

posted in Grim Tales: The Vengeance on Jun 13, 14 11:29 AM
Well good day, all!!

Wow. . .entered in to see what others recommended ("CE or SE?") and, well o.k., instead I find this "cheery" dialog (goodness)!!

But, to add/throw in my two bits. . .I both like and look forward to seeing this forum topic when SE versions are released. For me (as well as with others, I'm sure), after playing any CE demo, I can immediately determine whether I'm going to get the one or the other. When I played the CE demo of this game, I knew I wanted it, but was going to wait until the SE version was released. I love my collectibles and achievements in my games; however, not every game needs them because the story, the graphics, and the amount of tasks involved can make searching for collectibles either overwhelming or puts it in overkill -- especially when there are numerous sets of collectibles. This game is an excellent example of "collectibles unnecessary". But, then, you also have some games - such as a few of the "soft release" games - that can use a little help (collectibles/achievements) to give them a boost or some 'POP'.

The extra game play on most of the CE's I purchase, I either don't finish them or I don't play them at all. Heck, by the time I finish the main game, I'm pretty much fulfilled and am ready to move on to a new game. . .that is, unless the main game has a 'cliffhanger'-style finish then my "inquiring mind" WANTS to play/finish it.

Last, I've come to find that most of the players that recommend the SE versions are for the exact reasons that I've pretty much determined from playing the CE demo, but they simply confirm my thoughts/findings of why. Therefore, catbag has my vote to continue this forum topic/heading!!

posted in Lost Souls: Timeless Fables on Jun 6, 14 10:07 AM
Thanks for the 'heads up' catbag & Twins. I played the demo of this game's CE version back when it released and wanted the game, but decided to wait for the SE version. I like collectibles & achievements in my games, but found that - for this particular game - they weren't necessary, as the game's storyline was done well enough to wait for and play the SE version. However. . .after reading the technical issues of both the CE and SE versions, coupled with your post(s) - well darn! - I might have to pass on both versions (waaaaaa )!!!!

posted in Big City Adventure: Rio de Janeiro on Jun 4, 14 12:20 PM
Hey, bbelle!

I posted, in one of the other topics (above), that I contacted Jolly Bear (the developers of these games) a few months back to ask them if they planned to produce another game as that of London Story in the near future, and they responded back that they were not; only that they had another 'classic' soon to come out (this one obviously). Who knows, maybe if they read some of our posts that we would really like to see at least ONE more of the 'story' style, they will; as they did such a GOOD job on it. I have played it at least 3x since purchasing.

In the meantime. . . .oh well!!

posted in Big City Adventure: Rio de Janeiro on Jun 4, 14 9:15 AM
I, too, agree with Tufty57 (above). I find Jolly Bear's City Adventure games to be VERY attractive and inviting, but I'm well past the 'straight HidObj' style of games. In fact, I contacted the developers - a few months back - to inquire if they would be developing, anytime soon, another game as that of their Big City Adventure: London Story, which has inventory items, a "mystery" storyline, many areas to go in the game, good puzzles, etc. They did an excellent job on that game; however, they responded back that they had no plans to do so , but that they did have a new game to be released soon (obviously, this one). And, although I see they've added a few new features to this adventure (i.e., achievements), unfortunately as it is a 'straight HidObj' style game, I'm going to have to pass. . .but, that's just me.

For all others that continue to enjoy this style. . .happy, happy gaming!!

posted in New York Mysteries: Secrets of the Mafia on May 18, 14 5:20 AM
Developer Name: 5bn

Other Titles: "House of 1000 Doors" series and the recent "Lost Lands: Dark Overlord". I'm sure I've also seen their name on a few past (older) games but none comes to mind (maybe moderators can share that info?!?).

Hope this is of some help/assistance!!

Robsim

0Jade wrote:Over the years I have come to accept that without new members, Big Fish would stop growing and then not be able to find us the deals that it does. Happy Mother's Day everybody.

Well said, OJade!. It makes very good business sense: the more business/revenue a company generates, the more it can "pass on savings" to its' consumer(s). I've been with Big Fish for about a little over seven years now and they keep sales/deals going on as well as any other retailer.

Happy Mother's Day fellow fish friends and to BFG employees (uuuh. . mothers, that is). Cheers !!

posted in Phenomenon: Outcome Collector's Edition on May 3, 14 10:17 AM
I couldn't remember if there was/were other games under this title heading. I kind of thought someone would mention it, here in the forums, as it didn't state as such in the game's description. Thanks Catbag. I echo Tammytheo in that you saved me the step(s) of scrolling through the 'Hidden Object Games' genre area to search.

posted in Wonderland Adventures: Planet of the Z-Bots on May 3, 14 10:11 AM
Are they platform-style games, like 'Mario' or 'Sonic the Hedgehog', etc.?

posted in Space Legends: At the Edge of the Universe on Mar 11, 14 3:30 PM
Hi there, Janeport! I, too, noticed the various versions/dates of the Visual C++ whatever programs (lol). Suffice to say, I was able to play the demo and, other than one of the games/puzzles that didn't seem to want to work (the one with the different color circles that had to be reconfigured in the upstairs lab), the game ran fine (although I didn't like the black borders on either side of it).

When C.S. responds back, I'll be sure to update here with what they have to say. Happy gaming to you.

Robsim

posted in Space Legends: At the Edge of the Universe on Mar 11, 14 1:52 PM
After I downloaded the demo of this game (Space Legends), I received a message stating 'setup has detected that the computer does not meet the requirements to install this software (the game), etc." I just wondered if anyone else received this same message?!? My computers almost a year old (Toshiba P855, Windows 8.1 64 bit) and she is driver-updated (but, I don't know anything about this Microsoft Visual C++ stuff). I sent an e-mail to customer service to inquire of this and what, exactly, I'm supposed to do (update?).

Again, I was just wondering if anyone else received this message after downloading also. Thanks!!!

ETA: Strange, the game had been in install mode following that message. However, after I posted the above (and subsequent left out of the forums), the game seemed to finish doing whatever it was waiting for (or waiting for me to do) and it's now in 'Play' mode. Anyone know what that was all about? I also looked in my systems programs areas and noticed there are something like 6 different Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable programs in it. Wow. . .is it that serious (lol)? Oh well!!

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Mar 2, 14 2:47 PM
Looked to be interesting. Unfortunately:

1)After downloading the demo and pressing 'play' (from Game Manager), the first thing I noticed was there was only the 'Play', 'Options' and 'Exit' choices; no 'Extras' choice (to see achievements, extra game play, etc.). Did something not download completely here?

2)After typing my name in the 'player' area and pressing O.K. , the game rolled along fine. . .that is, until after the messenger showed up at the door. Following the signature on the messenger's clip board, I then pressed 'O.K.' but my screen went black. I continued to hear the heroine's (Holly) narration and her - apparently - driving to the asylum(?), but the screen was black and the game cursor remained frozen.

I attempted three times to Ctrl/Alt/Del, but to no avail. All that was left to do was shut my computer down, restart and go into Control Panel to uninstall the game.

Another "Oh well"!!

posted in True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition on Mar 2, 14 1:01 PM
Hmmm. . .I've been off of the radar (BFG site) for much of the past week and, upon coming back into the site to read the [forums] scoop on this new game (True Fear), I noticed this particular forum topic concerning changes to the Punch Card program. I, myself, am neither in an uproar over the change nor the way Big Fish announced the change (although I can understand/respect the feelings of those that feel differently). However, what caught my attention is how the following clause reads: "You can still get a bonus punch for using your Punch Card coupon code during a Bonus Punch promotion". The tone/message I'm hearing in this statement of "during A bonus punch promotion. . ." is that the Bonus Punch Monday program is going to be eliminated and, in its place, we're going to get special "pop-up"/"when we least expect it" Bonus Punch promotions, such as that of Big Fishes' Members sale, "buy one, get one free" sale, or the Developer Spotlight Sale, etc.!!

Although the notice doesn't state this to be true, that one sentence - alone - leads me to believe otherwise. But, hey. . .I have noooo problems at standing to be corrected!!!

posted in Lost Lands: Dark Overlord Collector's Edition on Feb 22, 14 7:44 AM
And a 'Good morning' (as of this writing) to you all!

Althena, what - if I might ask - is a 'busted update'? Are you referring to your computer, the game manager or the game itself? Reading your subject title and then what you wrote, I couldn't quite put the two together and was just curious!?! Otherwise, I hope you're able to d'load and demo (all goes well). This looks to be a good game, a good 'sale', and good reviews!

Have a good [gaming] day and weekend everyone!!

Robsim

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator