Posts created by Noralg

posted in Pirate Solitaire on Oct 25, 10 5:05 AM
Very simplistic. I play a lot of solitaire ( some would say too much!) and like a challenge and variety, neither of which are here. My all time favorite is BVS solitaire available right here at our favorite game station.

posted in Becky Brogan: The Mystery of Meane Manor on Oct 15, 10 2:39 PM
A very nice DD game. The graphics are waaaay better than the other Becky Brogan game. Some of the negative reviews were because of the hint system, which I like. It's not a complete give-away, so even with a hint some searching is required. Isn't that what HOGs are for? Finding the cats for extra hints is very generous, but also not a total give-away since they are all different (at least so far). A definite buy for me.

posted in The Institute - A Becky Brogan Adventure on Oct 14, 10 3:51 PM
Nope, not for me. Items are so hard to find that even after using a hint I can't find some of them. Never saw a bear after the intro. Too frustrating to be fun.

posted in Goddess Chronicles on Oct 12, 10 9:13 AM
I really like this game! it's different and a bit of a challenge. The mini games are easy, but that's a nice break from the **** scenes. You can't just ramdomly click, but the hints are available. Some of the steps to get all the **** require some thought. **** range from finding the complete object to finding all the parts and also looking behind things. On my "buy" list.

posted in Goddess Chronicles on Oct 12, 10 9:13 AM
I really like this game! it's different and a bit of a challenge. The mini games are easy, but that's a nice break from the **** scenes. You can't just ramdomly click, but the hints are available. Some of the steps to get all the **** require some thought. **** range from finding the complete object to finding all the parts and also looking behind things. On my "buy" list.

posted in I SPY: Treasure Hunt on Oct 11, 10 11:56 AM
Wow! This is really bad, even for children. The voice is annoying, but at least can be turned off. Graphics are very poor, and if you are to find, for example, 4 birds, they don't fall off your list until you've found all four. Also annoying. A definite No Buy.

posted in Keys to Manhattan on Oct 3, 10 7:54 AM
I play a lot of straight HOG and really enjoy them, but this is more of a memory game. The objects are small and mostly hidden. They pop out when you mouse over, but then you have to remember where they popped out at you. The graphics are clear which is very important to me and it's a different slant, which is usually fun. Not for me, but most will probably enjoy.

posted in Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White on Sep 18, 10 1:58 PM
Was all set to purchase because I enjoyed the demo, but will not buy after reading the forum. Seems too risky with all the glitches reported. I play to decompress, not to add to daily frustrations. Sorry BFG, because I really like this site!

posted in The Blackwell Convergence on Sep 3, 10 3:35 PM
Definitely a no buy for me because of truly horrible graphics. Very blurry. With so many good new games, even as a DD this is a total dud.

posted in Key Words on Aug 23, 10 1:12 PM
I just don't get it! What's the point? The "How to Play" was of some help, but I still don't know what all the gadgets on the screen are? Do you have to use the top row first? How is it scored? What is the timer timing? It looks like it might be fun, but incomplete. I've been on the lookout for a good word game, but I can't tell if this is it or not. Could have been a buy, but I guess not.

posted in Lost Secrets: Bermuda Triangle on Aug 22, 10 9:34 AM
This is a perfet HOG game for a rainy day or late at night when you just want to veg out. The graphics are really clear and the hidden objects are not too difficult. The hint button is a bit unusual, but nice for a change - it's not a total give-away. I always turn the music off and really enjoyed the "pinging" sound effects when you click on an object. I follow the DD religiously and haven't seen one this much fun in a while.

posted in Redrum: Time Lies on Aug 13, 10 7:02 PM
Definitely not for the faint of heart, but for me it has been the best game I've played in ages. The puzzles are detailed, but not too difficult and the story organization flows easily without having to revisit all the rooms you've completed. Hints add up quickly but the game is so well organized that I had to use very few of them.

posted in Redrum: Time Lies on Aug 13, 10 7:02 PM
Definitely not for the faint of heart, but for me it has been the best game I've played in ages. The puzzles are detailed, but not too difficult and the story organization flows easily without having to revisit all the rooms you've completed. Hints add up quickly but the game is so well organized that I had to use very few of them.

posted in Lost in the City on Jul 27, 10 4:57 PM
Doesn't seem to be much gray area in opinions here! I will not buy, but not for the reasons already listed. I found the scenes very fuzzy and objects hard to identify even with the use of the magnifying glass. Also penalties for extra clicks, which you need because you can't see the stuff!

posted in The Pirate's Treasure: An Oliver Hook Mystery on Jul 22, 10 11:16 AM
I really wanted to like this one! The fact that there is no story is fine with me. And, the graphics could have been great, but after the first HOG or two they got hazey and frustrating. I liked the puzzles, but how about some info on how to play! Plus, the jewel game (without directions) crashed my computer. So it's a no buy for this HOG-er.

posted in Secrets of Great Art on Jul 17, 10 4:13 PM
Since there is not a no timer option, this is an immediate "no buy" for me.
That being said, it's an interesting HOG with some objects difficult to find and some very easy. Graphics are good. The Find the difference puzzles are good, with easy & difficult differences. A good range of play, but it's all timed.

posted in Youda Legend: The Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond on Jun 18, 10 1:07 PM
Contrary to popular opinion, I really enjoyed this game. Hidden objects are large, but blend in so well that it's still a challenge, but not too easy. May be a bit short, but for a Daily Deal that's OK. The Amsterdam scenery is beautiful. One of my favorite places. A definite buy.

posted in The Mysterious Past of Gregory Phoenix on Jun 17, 10 12:52 PM
Good potential, but not good execution. Hidden objects are junk piles and fuzzy. Games are really good if you know how to play, but if there were any instructions I missed 'em. I enjoyed the variety of hidden objects with some silouettes thrown in.
Would be a keeper if graphics were sharper.

posted in Mr. Biscuits: The Case of the Ocean Pearl on Jun 6, 10 8:47 AM
Graphics are fuzzy. Truly a junk pile HOG. The only redeeming factor is the choice to play timed or not. Even at $2.99 a waste of money.

posted in Dream Day Wedding Bella Italia on Jun 3, 10 7:18 PM
That's it for me on this entire series. I enjoyed the demo and didn't mind the very tiny HOGs. BUT - sometimes they are not even there. I've re-started several times and never get very far. Hint shows sieve in the pantry to be in the refrigerator. Further along a hint claims a rose (in a rainstorm) to be by the stone walk. Both times NOTHING. The walkthrough is of no help. So I've purchased a game I cannot play. Will not make this mistake again.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator