Posts created by hbgroadends

posted in Deadtime Stories on Jul 10, 10 9:11 AM
Saugeen, if it is the part I remember, I had a devil of a time figuring it out, too. If it is the part where you have to use the paint brush and wave it around, what I found is that you had to click with the paint brush, not just move it around. When you saw a spirit starting to appear, you kept clicking on it until it was free.

Hope this helps. If not, check out the walk-through because they might have a better explanation than mine.

posted in Annabel on Jul 8, 10 10:52 AM
Yep, I too get sick while playing this game. It's a shame, too, because it's a great game, but I haven't been able to finish it. I will have to try some of the suggestions the others posted here.

Funny...I'm not prone to motion sickness at all except when I play these games. I suspect it has to do with the peripheral vision--if the movement encompasses that (like when you are on a boat or in a car) then I don't get sick, but when the motion is only straight ahead but not on the sides, I think the discrepancy is what is making me sick.

It's an interesting phenomenon, and it would be interesting to hear what someone who knows more about motion sickness has to say on the subject.

posted in Love Chronicles: The Spell Collector's Edition on Jun 30, 10 5:36 PM
The mirror doesn't go on the rooster. The mirror goes into the beam of sunlight coming through the window, which will then reflect the light to glow on the rooster. The rooster will then wake up.

posted in Go-Go Gourmet on Jun 28, 10 4:26 PM
Alyse, something doesn't sound right. I have this game and have had no problem making it all the way to where she is in her own restaurant. Perhaps you will need to uninstall and reinstall the game to fix whatever the issue is. If that doesn't work, I suggest contact Tech Support about it.

Hope this helps!

posted in Diner Dash: Hometown Hero on Jun 28, 10 3:56 PM
Excellent!

I loved that game, but I have to say that level wanted to make me throw my computer against the wall! Thank god for the forums and walkthroughs.

Now...once you've recovered your blood pressure, you'll have to try all of the other DDs.

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jun 28, 10 10:30 AM
LizzieK wrote:Big Fish is not a bystander when it comes to the quality of games that are released as Collector’s Editions. Here are a couple of forum posts by Picman that talk about the relationship that BFG has with the developer when BFG decides to market a game as a Collector’s Edition.

CE's are based on agreements between developers and BFG and then have to hit a certain beta survey score threshold to be eligible.

[Some games are] exclusive to BFG and BFG pays the developer to build the extra features for the Collector's Edition.

I imagine that the beta survey score was good for DC Book of Air. People taking the beta survey did not know that the game was so short. I imagine that BFG knew how long the game was when they decided to approve the release of the game as a Collector’s Edition. Based on the fact that Play First and Big Fish are business partners, I imagine that BFG knew everything about the game prior to the release of the game.

The game developer is Kat Games. They should bear the greatest responsibility for how the game was created and the content of the game. But I imagine the whole game package content and marketing and approval as a CE game was a collaboration between Kat Games, Play First and Big Fish.

Big Fish is accountable when it comes to the quality of games that are released as Collector’s Editions. This is where the game is being sold and players should express their opinions about the game to Big Fish, Play First and Kat Games.

Very interesting, LizzieK! Thanks for the info. Although I've been a member for several years, I still consider myself a relative newcomer to the gaming scene, so I'm still learning the ins and outs of the industry. I agree that if BFG was fully involved with this particular version, then they should have known that the short play time and inferior game quality (in comparison to the other three, that is) would be an issue.

I don't know anything about how the beta testing works, but I would have thought that the beta testing would involve the whole game. Is that correct or do the testers only get an hour like we do on the demos? If the testers get the whole game, you would think that there would have been comments from them regarding the short length of the game.

Considering the outrage this game is generating, I would be really curious to know Picman's thoughts on this.

Thanks again for your additional insight!

posted in Royal Envoy on Jun 28, 10 10:00 AM
keldra1024, to my knowledge (though I could be wrong), the bonus levels are only available on the Collector's Edition. I purchased the CE of this game when I found out that there were 30 additional bonus levels once you achieved expert status on all of the levels. Definitely worth the $20.

Since I don't have the regular game, I can't swear that there are no bonus levels for that one, but I haven't heard of any.

If you decide that you really enjoy the game enough to want the extra levels, you can contact Customer Service and I've heard that they will credit you for the regular game, then you can purchase the CE.

(Of course, this means you would have to start at the beginning again--oh darn! )

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jun 27, 10 10:10 AM
Folks, I appreciate the comments regarding this game as I have loved all of the previous DCs and am really surprised that the developers skimped so much on this one.

That being said, this is not BFG's fault. They have a contract to sell all of PF's games (the developers of Dream Chronicles and Diner Dash) as PF is no longer selling from their website. I could be wrong, but I don't think that BFG can pick and choose which PF games to sell, and even if they did, with the popularity of DC and the amount of players waiting for the game to be released, if BFG did decide not to release it on their site, there would have been a hue and cry from the members as to why not.

Now, for the CEs, this is an ongoing debate. I don't know this for sure, but my understanding from what I've read on the subject is that it is the developers release the CEs first, then the regular games. BFG does not control that part. Now, if the developer released a highly awaited game like DC in a CE format, but BFG decided not to sell it (hypothetically, of course) because they considered it too short for the price, players would be screaming again as to why BFG didn't have the game when it had been released. In this case, BFG had no choice because they are under contract with PF to sell ALL of their games.

Some people love CEs, some hate them. Whether or not they are worth the price is subjective. I generally only buy CEs once I've heard others state it is worth the extra money (like with Royal Envoy with its 30 extra levels--definitely worth the $20). Otherwise, I wait a few weeks for the $6.99 version. Considering the time it takes to develop a well-designed game and how small the profit margin has gotten, the CEs at least offer the developers another opportunity to increase their revenue, enabling develop to better games. No one is holding a gun to my head forcing me to buy the CEs--I can just wait if I want.

While I am sorry that the current DC is not up to the standards of the previous, I will put the blame where it belongs--on PF, not BFG. As it is, BFG was caught between a rock and a hard place with regard to this game. It would be much better to go to the PF website and post your comments on the game there so that the developers understand why you are upset. If you do, please be detailed with your complaints--state exactly what it was that you did not like or they will have no idea how to correct it next time.

I will now take my soapbox and go home.

posted in Diner Dash: Hometown Hero on Jun 27, 10 9:42 AM
Don't necessarily forgo all of the snacks. You can skip some, but I found the podium was the thing that got me through that level. It is all a timing thing--at the very beginning of the level, place all of the flowers on all of the tables, then go stand at the podium. Wait until it recharges twice, then start seating the groups.

If you leave the more patient folks at the podium and take care of the impatient ones first, you'll have better luck. Also, seat everyone, then go stand at the podium. Take their orders, then go stand at the podium. Deliver their food, then go stand at the podium. You have to fill all of the tables and do everything for everyone in each group as well as stand at the podium between each task.

Hopefully this will get you through the level. Good luck!

posted in Diner Dash: Hometown Hero on Jun 26, 10 4:30 PM
Javawoman, I darn near lost my mind with this level too. You have to use the heck out of the podium and flowers--absolute must!

Try going to PF forums (the Diner Dash game developer's site). I think someone typed out a walkthrough of this level.

Hope this helps!

posted in Youda Safari on May 15, 10 10:53 AM
Runewarden, thank you for both of your comments--the one regarding the uselessness of complaining without specifics and your second post regarding, in detail, what changes you would like to see. You are so right that it does no good to whine and complain about the quality or types of games in general if you are not going to be specific as to what you don't like. Likeability is so subjective--what one person likes, another is going to hate. As you stated, what one person would call a "kiddie" game, another would play it and not think that.

Thank you for reiterating that if there is something we want to see changed, we need to be specific and provide specific examples of what we like and don't like. BFG can do more about resolving our complaints if we give them useful information.

posted in Royal Envoy Collector's Edition on Apr 24, 10 1:17 PM
Okay, you all have sold me. I was going to wait until the regular game came out because I'm too cheap...er, that is, I like a good deal for my money. It sounds like this CE really gives the player something extra that's worthwhile (not just wallpapers and such).

My Kingdom For The Princess is one of my all-time favorite games, and this one is similar in style. I love the demo, but now I'm going to buy the CE. Thanks for helping me decide!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator