Posts created by moochorama

posted in Wispa Forest on Oct 6, 10 10:27 AM
I enjoyed it too! I'm not a HOG fan, find them too boring most of the time and am tired of looking for always the same objects in listlessly designed locations (find the baseball glove/c-clamp/spider in ancient ruins/overstuffed rooms/trash heaps etc.)

I only tried the game because people seemed so miffed about it
So far I really enjoyed it, beautiful atmosphere, nice little graphics and really relaxing. I didn't find the objects too hard to find, some of them were tricky, but then it is a hidden object game. Not much sense if the objects were in plain sight, right? I found the style of the item list really nice, descriptions were clear most of the time apart from some playful riddles (which were also nice imo), and I actually found the drawings rather helpful for seeing at a quick glance what's still missing and also having an additional explanation (which can be helpful for non-native speakers like me - didn't need it this time, but sometimes HOGs use rather obscure objects).

I also liked the little match 3 levels, not too difficult or long for match 3 haters and a welcome break for people who like them.

I thought it was great that there is no timer, and I liked the idea of the combo system, which is basically the same as the quick click bonus you get in other HOGs, but a bit nicer really, as you can determine the fairy's path (click on objects further away from her first so you have time enough to click on the next object).

Another thing I liked was the way you can buy your hints according to your preferences - I mean that you don't have a limited number of every kind of hint, but that you can just buy what you want with your mana points. And there's mana points enough, I had about 440 when my trial ended.

I think it's a good game, surprisingly enough (didn't expect to like it), loved the colour palette and I think the developers really took care to avoid all the flaws that HOGs tend to be riddled with these days. It's unique, it's realxing and calming, not too hard nor too easy, no timer but with the additional challenge of the combos if you want to, counting your time and your misses and giving you the option of going back to previous levels to better your time/misses score, plenty of hints given in the way of your choice... I really don't know what people are complaining about.

posted in Wispa Forest on Oct 6, 10 10:04 AM
Valdy wrote:However, I am still mystified as to the objects called 'Fore, something something'. No idea what the developers had in mind.

It was a golf ball. I think the description was "Fore! that was a long drive". I had to squint at it for a while too, but then I got what the picture meant (it was the golf ball in the process of being hit by the golf club). I checked "fore", seems to be a call to warn people that they might be hit by a ball gone astray.

posted in Nancy Drew: Message in a Haunted Mansion on Jun 1, 10 10:58 AM
henjen, this is a bit of a major spoiler for people who haven't played the game yet, better just say "the culprit" or "the villain" next time. Also it'd be nice if a mod could edit the topic and post.

posted in Plants vs. Zombies on May 27, 10 10:51 AM
Plant LOTS of sunflowers in the easy beginning levels to stock up on sun for the upgrades. You can replace them later with aggressive plants when the harder levels begin.

Also, prepare beforehand for the coming levels (or flags, rather) and certain zombie types (i.e. plant gloomshrooms or spikerocks or whatever you choose against diggers in the back) even if there are none yet, so you don't have to wait for the plant to reload when they're there. Umbrella leaves reload fast enough, so you only need to take them as soon as you see bungees or catapult zombies approaching.

And use pumpkin and imitater pumpkin as the pumpkin loads rather slowly, and you need quite a lot of them.

posted in Plants vs. Zombies on May 27, 10 10:32 AM
Even the ones in, say, Europe? Let's make that vitally challenged. Or living impaired.

I need a new strategy. Got to 75 flags and got blown up again. It's *always* the jacks that seal my fate.

posted in Plants vs. Zombies on May 26, 10 3:52 AM
veroniqe, I guess it's more like what is the most dangerous thing I hear.. I have such waves of gargs and zombonis coming that I don't even see the jacks, I just hear the music from their little boxes. And they won't stop coming! I got to 71 flags with another gloom shroom setup, but the jacks blew me up yet again. And without cob cannons I spent just too much sun on spikeweeds/spikerocks, so I tried a setup with 4 cob cannons (yes, I'm pretty addicted at the moment ), which worked well with zombonis and gargs, but even with the cannons I just didn't have enough explosives to take care of the jacks fast enough. Only got to flag 38 or so with that. But you're right, I think I didn't have enough winter melons in the back in that setup.

I also use fume shrooms as an additional and replaceable shooter, as I take them every time anyway in case I lose a gloomshroom. I don't pumpkin them though, because a fume shroom in a pumpkin is flattened much more quickly by the zombonis than one without a pumpkin (wisdom of the ages).

Mookie, you're way too nice. I mean I would try to get to know them if they'd only let me.. thing is, they keep eating my plants and brains and generally seem to be pretty inept socially, so I just blow them up. Just like real life. Maybe they should have added a therapy shroom for you to use..

posted in Plants vs. Zombies on May 22, 10 4:04 PM
JAWright wrote:Ya Diggers in Survival Endless were a big problem, eating through pumpkins really quick, but i started putting two of the Gloomshrooms in the back on top and bottom and they take care of them farily well.

Ive added another that i think is 1b on my list of hated zombies, and that is the Jack in the Box zombie, on survival endless i lose more plants to those random things than anything else, just so annoying.

I'm using gloomshrooms in the back too in survival endless, and it works pretty well. If you put them in the second column they'll also take care of imps.

I tried putting upgraded spikes in the back row as diggers die on them before they can eat plants, but quickly found out that I need the space for more firepower.

The jack in the box zombies have at the moment officially become my most hated ones, I'm on level 40 in endless now and had a nice gloomshroom setup going, but the crazy jacks blew up my pool glooms (twice!!) and then all hell broke loose.. I had to resort to my backup doom shrooms to get to the next flag, but I barely made it They ate through my upper row so that only one plant is left there, and now I've got only 125 or so sun left. There's no way I'll be able to repair the damage. I'm so dead..

posted in Potion Bar on Mar 19, 10 2:53 PM
Couldn't stand the gulping sound either! I uninstalled after a couple of minutes because of that. And the game didn't seem interesting enough to play with the sound off..

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator