Posts created by maziemom

posted in Hexus on Feb 3, 11 5:51 PM
First of all I love this game; I've spent wa-ay too much time on it the last week or so. When it comes time to quit, I say 'just one more board'.

Really stuck now, though. I think it is Great Crown of Egypt, level 12. Anyway, the final part is to create strings of 16 white and black balls. Before, on the long strings, the total was less than 12. Therefore, I could line up 5, leave a blank space, then line up the rest. Then I inserted a ball into the empty space, and the chain was complete. Now, with the total being more than 11, I can't figure out how to do it. Since there is more than one blank space, when I fill in the first one, part of the string disappears. I appreciate any help I can get on this.

posted in The Lost Kingdom Prophecy on Sep 14, 10 7:34 PM
I didn't have any trouble with it once I came on here and found out what I was supposed to be doing. I used the ax to crack the six side squares. Time wasn't a problem because I didn't wait until I had cleared the big block to start cracking them. As the ax would charge up, I would crack a square while I was still in the process of clearing the big block. I was able to finish the level with a little time left over.

posted in Magic Vines on Aug 8, 10 3:07 PM
Whatever the problem with Vista is, Yahoo has figured it out. I downloaded a one hour free trial and played through with no problems. It progressed seamlessly from one level to the next with no error messages, and remembered my progress when I left and returned. There is a disclaimer that says the game is not "certified" to work with Vista, but they've gotten around it somehow.

posted in Magic Vines on Aug 8, 10 1:27 PM
I think it is a Vista problem, as well. I bought this game 2 years ago and the computer I had at the time ran XL. I replaced my computer last fall and am just now installing this game on my new system. I'm getting all the errors mentioned in previous posts. It hangs up at the end of each level. I can eventually get past it, but may have to play the final board two or three times before it finally moves forward. Progress is lost if you quit, though, and you have to re-enter player name and start over.

posted in Time Dreamer on Jul 11, 10 8:41 AM
I'm having that problem, also. I don't notice an error box, but I just get a blank screen with an hourglass.

posted in Hidden Wonders of the Depths 3: Atlantis Adventures on Apr 29, 10 4:53 PM
I loved all three in this game series and my favorites are the group tiles boards. Wish there was a whole game with just the group tiles concept.

posted in Mahjongg Dimensions Deluxe on Apr 10, 10 8:20 AM
I love this game, too. The normal levels are challenging but do-able; I'm stuck on the third board of the first hard level and can't seem to get past it. With no bombs or time tiles, I'm just not quick enough. I like a challenge,though, so I'll keep at it.

posted in Cradle of Persia on Apr 10, 10 8:09 AM
Can't wait for a new COR; didn't care for the Persia game because I prefer a swap tiles mode. Wish it gave you an option to switch modes like some other match 3 games do. Have played COR through several times and keep going back to it.

posted in Time Quest on Sep 4, 08 5:49 PM
if you figure it out, Cat, please share. First I was stuck on level 40 and came on here and found out I needed to go back and replay previous levels to earn bonuses to use. I did that and breezed through it, as well as all the following levels up to 52. Been stuck on that one for days; as you said, no number of bonuses help here. I did get it down to 2 squares once, and that was playing as hard and fast as I could for nearly 17 minutes. But eventually, the matches get harder to find and he takes advantage of your lag time to clear his locks out.

posted in Time Quest on Aug 29, 08 3:00 PM
I, too am stuck on this one. Must have tried about 20 times; still can't get those two top tiles.The ones that drop down from the top are never consecutive colors. Of course, Cleo's tiles just magically turn gold Think I'll take a break from it for a few days and maybe when I come back, it will "click" for me.

Ooh, just now saw the tip about replaying previous levels to earn extra power-ups! Gonna try that now.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator