Posts created by bratzgram

posted in Cruel Collections: The Any Wish Hotel on Jan 8, 14 2:00 PM
It froze for me in the elevator twice before I read about the cursor. I changed it and made it through that spot Then I realized I had no volume. I thought I may have had mine turned down. Nope! No sound from the game at all. Played a bit further and it froze again.

I give up

posted in Botanica: Earthbound Collector's Edition on Dec 15, 13 8:00 AM
I found this while I was passed out I had to laugh and that was only a few minutes in!

posted in Grimville: The Gift of Darkness on Nov 18, 13 5:36 AM
Sorry Valdy I have to disagree with you on this one. It had potential. Good story but there was just to much back and forth for me. A lot of clicking to accomplish 1 task. No voices and the cut scenes were there for no reason I could find. The one time I did check out the map it seemed a bit useless to. I could be wrong about that since I only looked once.

I quit with several minutes of the demo left. As always please try it for yourself As you can see here everyone feels differently.

posted in Lost Civilization on Nov 6, 13 10:07 AM
Wow! They made sure you didn't have to think about ANYTHING in this game! It tells you what to do every step of the way! I lost interest immediately

posted in Sable Maze: Norwich Caves Collector's Edition on Aug 29, 13 7:06 AM
I liked this game well enough but am still on the fence about getting the CE. Especially after seeing the tech problems. I think I will wait and see if there will be a fix first.

Just for kicks I have to say this. Anyone who has EVER used a zippo lighter knows that it takes lighter fluid not the butane they filled the one with in this game LOL

posted in Sable Maze: Norwich Caves Collector's Edition on Aug 29, 13 7:02 AM
That post made my morning !! I also get a bit irritated when there is no walkthrough with an SE but since this is a CE you are paying for the guide

posted in Jennifer Wolf and the Mayan Relics on Aug 13, 13 8:06 AM
Melymc is right I believe! I am sure I have played at least part of this before! Perhaps at another site but.....

posted in Jennifer Wolf and the Mayan Relics on Aug 13, 13 8:03 AM
When HdO came out there were 3 names involved! I have noticed on others as well as this one that they have simply removed the offending Brand I don't care what they say it IS HdO by another name. Still the horrible play and controls!

I tried to play it out. I hate forming an opinion on half of a demo. My thinking is that it can get better. Not with these games. I did play 25 min. but really wanted to quit after the first HO. I quit when I did because it was making me fall asleep. And I just got up 2 hrs ago!!!!

posted in Natural Threat 2 on Jul 26, 13 6:43 PM
I liked this to some extent. As a matter of fact I liked everything about it except that clock constantly spinning and I detest inventories I can't I can't lock up! So much so that I am still on the fence about even buying this with a credit

posted in League of Light: Dark Omens Collector's Edition on Jul 20, 13 10:08 AM
TO: ANGELOFMUSIC

That was my first thought also! I had 3 daughters and now 3 grands and I had to laugh when he just lets you in with a sleeping daughter while he stays outside!!

Maybe in that century but not today

posted in League of Light: Dark Omens Collector's Edition on Jul 20, 13 10:04 AM
As I have said many times before. I am completely in agreement with Valdy. I believe that I was reading these posts from the very start of my membership and always found them pretty accurate and well worded. I still play the demo and form my own opinion I know I sound kind of protective here Valdy but I have relied on many of you reviews when I was in a hurry to buy and can't ever remember your advice being to far off. I know someone will say I must know Valdy. LOL I don't even know if this person is male or female

So Thank You for the time you take to write these each. I know I can't find time most days!

Now! as for the game. I thought it did have a lot of really great points but was to far on the easy side for me to spend CE price. I will probably get it either with a code or maybe even the SE.
I kept telling my husband during the demo that I would be unable to give any kind of accurate rating or review because I couldn't keep my mind on it. I do know I like this line of games so I will be getting it at some point in some way!

posted in Jewel Venture on Jul 17, 13 8:50 PM
I was so excited when I read in reviews that this was a difficult M3! I like to consider myself good at this kind of game and I love them for a break from Adventure/Hidden Object.

This one, however, just mad me to angry I don't even know how many times I tried to beat the Time Traveler level! I tried every different combination I could think of and read the instructions over and over. No matter what I simply could not beat it or even figure out exactly what I needed to beat it!

Since that level is very early in the game from the looks of things I can only imagine what the rest will consist of. I have played many of this type that I had to play a round 4 or 5 times and I appreciate that. I need the challenge but this stumped me.

Really wanted this to

Did anyone get very far?

posted in The Last Days on Jul 17, 13 5:41 AM
When I started this I thought OMG this is horrible. Educational maybe but not a good game Then it started to drag me in Although I detest The minis where you drag blocks around to finish a picture you can skip immediately. Based on the demo it was either those mini's or ones that were so simple it made you wonder why they bothered. I still felt there was something more to this.

Right when I got there I got stuck! At that point the hint kept telling me to use a staff that I had already used, didn't have in inventory and couldn't obviously move on without!

Unfortunately when it's all said and done I have to wonder if this game ever went through beta testing.

I don't think I would have purchased the game anyway but if this happens in a demo .....?

LOL I have no reason to leave a review! Valdy put it all perfectly I had said no more CE's as well but......

Love this one!

posted in Final Cut: Encore Collector's Edition on Jul 11, 13 8:48 AM
I really enjoyed the demo but I agree with some on the changing rooms. It tends to interrupt the flow for me. I end up using the hint just to figure out where I'm supposed to be!

This really does have a lot going for it so I recommend trying the demo. I don't bother with an actual review anymore. There are plenty already

I will get it in SE simply because of price difference

posted in Farm Mystery: The Happy Orchard Nightmare on Jul 8, 13 9:05 AM
I agree with Valdy on most of the comments in that post.

I almost quit playing within 10 min. of starting the demo but found myself strangely wanting to continue for reasons I couldn't find I guess I just wanted to see where it went. I was pleasantly surprised!
The HOs are many and easy enough. The puzzles were what kept me going in this one though. They were on the easy side but interesting. You move scene to scene very quickly but there isn't really much for a story line IMHO.

There ARE far to many sparkles to make this worth buying for me but I was a bit disappointed when the demo ended. Then I checked a walkthrough at another site and realized I was almost done with it anyway.

I also felt that I had played this before so that could be why I played through so fast.

I read a couple reviews in the review thread after I played and was a bit irritated with one in particular. I don't believe that anyone can judge what someone else may like. I have played probably close to 1000 hidden object/adventure games and would never presume to tell others not to at least try any game I try every demo that is in my genres.

One last comment I also don't buy games without a walk through but this would be an exception. There is no way you could get stuck in this one

posted in Clairvoyant: The Magician Mystery on Jul 4, 13 6:14 AM
I love this! Really. I have to say this one I may actually buy in CE!

It has so many things to do you can't possibly get bored. The Hos are interactive (very). The mini games are different and hard enough to keep you interested

The graphics and voices are really well done. Beautiful scenes IMO. Extras to find outside of HOs. Even an interactive map!

The only thing I could find that I never care for is the inability to lock the inventory up. I like to see what I'm working with all the time. Even that didn't bother me enough to stop me from buying

I really wish I could continue today but we are off to our local parade! This is the biggest event of the year for my area!

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO ALL YOU AMERICANS!!!!

PARTY TIME!

posted in Hypnosis on Jul 2, 13 8:40 AM
I only made it through 20 min of the demo and quit! I can't see what everyone else likes so much about this. I made it through 2 patients and as far as I can see you just do the same thing over and over. The battles you have to fight are boring and made no sense as far as I was concerned.
It seems that the majority likes this but it is definitely not for me.

Fantastic game based on the demo! Loved the little extras to look for and being able to switch to a match game.
Great voice and graphics. The mini games were fun without being hair pulling hard I did like the help of the imp when needed but could have done without the pacing when he's not being used. That's a bit distracting!

Although I really want this right now I am sticking fast to my no CE rule! I can wait for the SE

I also agree with gamblebug. I always have the other games when they offer the collection at reduced price

posted in Love Story: The Way Home on Jun 26, 13 9:02 AM
I thought this was a great story as all the Love Story's are but far to simple.
It would excellent for beginners but based on the demo to easy for experienced players.
I do like to see one now and then that isn't on the dark side. Unfortunately this kind is not for me.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator