Posts created by alvertis5706

posted in League of Mermaids on Sep 8, 13 4:41 PM
dvdiva said:

So I tried another strategy: use the Purple power-up to unfreeze only the lower ball, and do that early on in the level. If you're lucky it will cause a cascade of matches among the treasure balls, filling up the Treasure Bar quickly. Continue matching the colored balls on top. Unfreeze the upper locked balls only when most of the colored balls are gone. Sooner later the Treasure Bar will fill up and zap most (if not all) of the remaining balls.

Thank you, dvdiva!! After doing this level dozens of times, and only getting one star; I took your hint...only took 2 more trys to get 3 stars!

posted in Imperial Island: Birth of an Empire on Aug 21, 13 11:33 PM
I also got the "out of video memory" message, and had to shut down computer to get game to stop running so I could un-install. It's odd, because the 'game system requirements' aren't really that strenuous.

posted in Atlantis: Pearls of the Deep on Aug 12, 13 4:14 AM
That's the problem for me; I can't find the right spot to bounce off from
ETA: I finally got it by running the ball down the straight side of the side bowls, and it then bounced high enough off the bottom to hit the stars underneath.

posted in Atlantis: Pearls of the Deep on Aug 12, 13 4:12 AM
On the page where it says "choose player", you could start a brand new game by picking one of the other player avatars. If you just want to improve on your game, you can go to your original avatar, and pick the levels that you want to re-do.

posted in Tesla's Tower: The Wardenclyffe Mystery on Jul 8, 13 2:12 PM
I second that recommendation. This game was sitting in my game manager forever, and I finally got around to playing it, and am just finishing it up now. Many of the reviewers don't like "all the talking", but I like a story-driven game; and this story is so unusual compared to everything else out there. You won't see the usual scenes that every other H0G game seems to have (the courtyard, the cemetary, that dratted front door), and you'll probably learn a little about electricity. There are a number of machines to reactivate, so if you are mechanically inclined, and love gears in your games; you'll probably like this one. There were a few of the minigames that repeated, and which I found tedious with that repeating; so I did skip a few near the end. All in all, this would be $2.99 well spent.

posted in Royal Envoy 2 Collector's Edition on Jun 28, 13 10:42 PM
The title page for this level is a picture of the sign with the question mark on it, and the title of the level is "riddle".
In the level, the sign with the question mark is next to the left hand house, pointing to the right hand house in the corner. Clever people (like mcurty) will guess to destory the right hand house.

posted in Crime Line on Jun 26, 13 12:50 AM
I did the beta for this a long, long time ago; and gave it the worst review I've ever given to a test game. I absolutely hated it; so much so that I can't even bring myself to demo this final product. I suppose they could have greatly improved it......you guys will have to let me know!

posted in Unfinished Tales: Illicit Love Collector's Edition on Jun 22, 13 9:22 PM
I know all too well what "50 wrong interactions" are. When I have a task to do (ie put something somewhere to make something work), I try using just about everything I have in my inventory, no matter how crazy it seems. And that is how I got my achievement for "50 wrong interactions". Maybe it counts wrong clicks in the H0 scenes also, but I think I did it without those!

posted in Royal Envoy 2 on Jun 17, 13 8:38 PM
I was one of the people who decided not to buy this game when it first came out, because it seemed too "clicky" compared to the first one. After I did the beta for the third one, i decided to give this one another chance. Either it's not as bad as I remember it, or I've improved a lot just from doing RE #1 so much. I've developed a technique of multiple light clicks to pick up all the wood and apples, and it's much easier than a 'dash' game. The only one that gave me a sore wrist, was the level in which you had to hit targets with snowballs; i thought my wrist was going to fall off from that. On a positive note, I made 3 stars the first time on that level, so I didn't have to do it again. In general, this game (#2) seemed easier than game #1. I seemed to get 3 stars the first time thru on several levels. Of course, there were a couple of impossible levels, but I found excellent hints in the forums, and made it through. I've finished the game, and am thrilled to find there are 58 more levels in "expert" mode....a lot of game for your buck.

posted in Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate on Jun 7, 13 9:49 PM
Try mixing the wheat/sand with one of the vases of water.

ETA: i PM'd you the url to a walkthrough.

posted in Namariel Legends: Iron Lord on May 31, 13 9:03 AM
CE on sale at dev's site for $5.99 this weekend!!

posted in Namariel Legends: Iron Lord on May 30, 13 8:15 PM
I did the beta, and did the "OH NO!!!!!!!!!" when it ended; I'm hoping for BFG to get it within a month. Very clever game; it sort of reminded me of "Tearstone" in the gameplay.

posted in Daily Mah Jong on May 3, 13 2:07 PM
crypsynight wrote:Down the bottom of the screen that has the 12 games played is 5 stars. Click onto the second star and it takes you to the next board.

My problem is that I've finished all 5 boards, and it says '20 stars to next level'...but can't work out how to get to the next game to earn the stars.

I accidently found out that there are a lot more boards available than I had thought:
for each star at the bottom of the page, there are several pages under each star.
You can move from group to group by clicking on one of the stars; within each starred page, click the right hand tassel to find more pages under that star.

posted in Daily Mah Jong on Apr 30, 13 10:39 PM
The very top row show have a pair of matching tiles..if it doesn't, I would hit the "restart level" button! (In fact, I think I did that a couple of times on this one)

posted in Gardenscapes 2 on Apr 18, 13 2:08 PM
whizzie1 wrote:Thanks for the reply Bfglzara, but think I found a solution - at least for my part. I unchecked "Full Screen" mode and the game screen jiggling stopped. Maybe this solution - though simple - will help others.

I used this to stop my screen fluttering...it worked, and only took about 1/2 inch off on either side of the display.

posted in Scrabble on Mar 25, 13 12:28 PM
star82601 wrote:my scrabble has no enter to search the dictionary for a word-did I miss it?

It seems that you should be able to click on the magnifying glass to the right in the field where you enter the word, but it doesn't work. What does work is to enter your word, then push "enter" on your keyboard.

posted in Scrabble on Mar 25, 13 12:24 PM
I always look upon it as the computer teaching me words. Today, I learned that "drear" is a word. Without a "y" on the end.

posted in Scrabble on Mar 25, 13 12:20 PM
Under "game styles" in the Help section, it says under Classic game, that it will end after 6 consectutive zero turns.....I had one of these, but I didn't notice if the computer and player each have to have 6 turns (passes) , or if it's 6 passes total between the two. (I think it was 6 passes for each).

ETA: I tested it, and the computer and player each had to "pass" 3 times for the game to end.

posted in Scrabble on Mar 20, 13 11:54 PM
In "options", when "best word" is ticked, the computer will replace a word you play with that "best word" if you choose a word with a lower score. To prevent the computer from doing that, just un-tick the "best word" box in Options.

posted in Daily Mah Jong on Mar 20, 13 11:44 PM
When you're on the calendar page, click the left side tassel to go back a month.
You should be able to chose days in a previous month, but you won't get a daily fortune from past days.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator