Posts created by desktopgaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Aug 6, 14 11:05 AM
Hi christl17,

Are you sure it's the Snooker Club level? I'm not seeing anything wrong here...

On, and the diamonds refer to the white ones you collect by removing cards - not the red ones on the cards themselves.

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Aug 5, 14 4:09 PM
HIGHLIGHT BELOW FOR HINT

Maybe you have something in your inventory that can open the lockers?

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Aug 5, 14 4:05 PM
Click on the Settings button (gear, bottom left). You may have to go back to the level map first, depending where you are in the game, then just repeat the process.

once in the Settings menu, just click Back to Map/main menu/etc.

If you're in windowed mode, just hit the window 'close' button.

hope this helps!

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Aug 5, 14 1:13 PM
Generally? Just drag/drop them to where you want to use them.

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Aug 4, 14 3:14 PM
Hi peeps!

Yep, there does seem to be a little buglet crept in there. It seems that if you use the system pointer, AND run in full screen but NOT in stretched mode, then this bit of oddness happens.

So for now, either run in fullscreen AND stretched mode, or...
run in windowed mode, or...
use one of the custom pointers.

Thanks for noticing.

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Aug 4, 14 2:09 PM
Hi

HIGHLIGHT BELOW FOR HINT

The level you're talking about is where you confront Billy with your evidence against him. So maybe you have an inventory item that could be of use.

They didn't have battery chargers in the 1930s - you'll have to find a new one.

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Aug 4, 14 1:48 PM
Hello _DD

The only way the level can end is if a) You remove all cards (thus scoring a "perfect"), or b) Max's Mojo runs out (when it gets low, the gauge below the foundation card starts to glow and you'll hear a heartbeat sound).

It doesn't matter whether you have any foundation cards left or not - it's Max's Mojo that determines when the level is over. If you DO run out of foundation cards, that's when you get to shuffle them and continue playing until you either clear all the cards, or Max's Mojo runs out.

Oh, and for the record, you can't buy a "shuffle".

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Aug 4, 14 11:53 AM
Hi Marinersfan04

The game isn't timed at all*. If you're referring to Max's Mojo depleting, then it's worth mentioning that it only decreases when you turn over a new foundation card, so you can take all the time in the world and it won't make any difference to the outcome.

* The only part of the game where time comes into play is in the Five Peaks mode, where the time taken to get a perfect score is recorded.

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Aug 4, 14 10:35 AM
Hello madstitcher54

You can quit the game by clicking the cog (settings) icon which is almost always displayed in the bottom left corner, or by clicking the window 'close' gadget if you're in windowed mode.

hope this helps!

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Aug 4, 14 8:37 AM
Saphhire,

The shuffle feature is functional. The end of the level comes when Max's Mojo runs out (shown below the stack/foundation card), even if there are cards left on the stack.

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Aug 4, 14 8:32 AM
Hi

You get to play cards until Max's Mojo runs out - indicated below the foundation card.

Once it's run out the level is over, even if there are cards remaining on the stack.

hope this helps!

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Dr. Mal: Practice of Horror on May 11, 14 10:13 AM
I'm a little late, but thanks for the comments!

Dave
DesktopGaming

posted in Dr. Mal: Practice of Horror on May 13, 13 12:48 PM
No worries. Sorry that issue slipped through the net in the first place.

posted in Dr. Mal: Practice of Horror on Apr 26, 13 3:41 AM
OK, problem is now fixed.

There's still the process of re-testing to go through but hopefully the update should be available via Game Manager soon.

Thanks for picking this up!

Dave
DesktopGaming

posted in Dr. Mal: Practice of Horror on Apr 26, 13 2:54 AM
Hi again

I've found the problem, working on a fix.

Dave
DesktopGaming

posted in Dr. Mal: Practice of Horror on Apr 26, 13 2:52 AM
Hi

Spoiler below: Highlight text to see it.
It's a Clean Sweep Award, and is the most difficult to get.

What you have to do, is get a perfect score on a level, without turning over a new basecard. Use of power-ups is still permitted (black-sheep wildcards are especially handy), as is use of bonus cards. So it's much easier to achieve if you have a few of those standing by.

HTH

Dave
DesktopGaming

posted in Dr. Mal: Practice of Horror on Apr 25, 13 4:25 PM
Hi guys.

Sorry for the delay.

First, the cards awarded in the whack a mal game are given based on need. So if you only have a few cards left, you'll be given cards that you can actually use. This can result in a lot of the same cards being given, but is the better alternative to playing the game and being given a bunch of useless cards. Or to put it another way, emugirl is correct.

The other problem has me intrigued. I'll take a look tomorrow... Well, today... 00:20am here! It's meant to give you the highest award possible which you don't already have. So if you get a run of 14 cards, you'll get a 10 card award. If you then get a run of 11, you'll get the 5 card award (because you already have the 10), and so on.

An update may be a while in coming but I'll let you know my findings ASAP.

Dave
DesktopGaming

posted in Dr. Mal: Practice of Horror on Feb 13, 13 7:02 AM
@themouse020 - I didn't "have" to remove it - I chose to on the basis that it was grossing a few people out, and it wasn't a decision I took lightly as personally, I loved the original look.

Ultimately I don't want to offend or upset even one person, as that isn't what I write games for. I do it to entertain people and, in the case of Dr Mal (and Crime Solitaire), make them laugh - or at least smile.

At the end of the day, Dr Mal is not a game to be taken seriously. I think that the very, very silly medical conditions, characters and the good doctor himself, all reflect that.

And yes, I will indeed "keep them coming"!

posted in Dr. Mal: Practice of Horror on Feb 10, 13 7:17 AM
@themouse020

Thanks for your comments. The two awards which are eluding you are:

Clean Sweep Award - remove all of the cards from the board, without having to turn over a new foundation/basecard.

Quick Play Award - quickly remove all of the cards from the board - I don't recall off the top of my head but I think it allows you, like, one second per card (less on Tricky setting). So for example if there's 30 cards on the board, you need to remove them all in under 30 seconds.

HTH

Dave
DesktopGaming

posted in Dr. Mal: Practice of Horror on Jan 3, 13 6:41 AM
The number of stars needed is the same as in Normal mode, so the differences are not so easily distinguished on earlier levels, but they are there, and become more evident as you progress. The early levels are designed to introduce the player to the game (along with Tutorial mode) - particularly for those who haven't played this type of game [much] before.

In Tricky mode, the number of bonus/wildcards is significantly reduced, and the rate at which the bonus gauge on the right increases is also slower. It will also become exponentially more difficult to make lengthy card combos as you progress, as the cards are placed more randomly - again this results in the bonus gauge not increasing as quickly, meaning you have to use your bonuses much more wisely. The Whack-a-Mal bonus round is also slightly faster, and fewer cards are given as a reward.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator