Posts created by hookt

posted in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland on May 3, 11 3:39 PM
Not familiar with developer HdO . I guess this is the first HdO game I have tried. Only lasted 13 minutes of the demo. Sorry, not my cup of tea.

posted in Alchemist's Apprentice on Apr 25, 11 6:42 PM
After reading the reviews, decided to try the demo and the hour flew by! This game gets better the farther you get into it and I'm not usually a fan of M3 games. I'm terrible at helping the leprechaun gather the gold.

Great graphics, pleasant music, nice little storyline and good power ups.

For the DD price, I'll buy and give it a go!

posted in Royal Challenge Solitaire on Apr 23, 11 7:29 AM
Played the hour demo. You have the option to play Challenge mode or Play Randomly. I chose Challenge mode and got to Level 8. You have to beat the current level to move to the next. Each level gets increasingly difficult (which I like) . From checking other game forums, there may be 100 levels to this game which would be a lot of gameplay. During gameplay there is no music, but there is background sound: waterfall, crackling fire, clock ticking, etc.

I tried the Avalon Legends Solitaire and I think I like it better than this one as it's more colorful, has a storyline and appears to be more fun. I'm on the fence with this one. I'll keep it on my maybe list .

It's raining so a good day to try new games.
Have a nice Easter fishies!

posted in Mystery of Mortlake Mansion on Apr 16, 11 2:50 PM
This is an exceptionally cool game! Good variety of H0GS, IH0GS, Match 3, unique puzzles and mini-games with just the right amount of difficulty. No spot the differences (yeah!) Lots of interaction with this one. Check everything on the screen to make sure you don't miss something. Very good length of gameplay. Bought it this morning and have practically played it all day. Interesting storyline complete with magic potions, spirits and alternate rooms inside the mansion.

The hand-drawn graphics are different looking, but I like it for a change. It adds a new challenge to the game. Music and voice overs fit the atmosphere well.

Thanks for the great reviews fishies. Always enjoy reading them.

Thanks for the Spring Fever Sale!

posted in Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart on Apr 10, 11 3:14 AM
Nice game. I like the Celtic theme for a change. I played in Casual mode. Mini-games are skippable. Hint system charges quickly and if you get stuck it gives you clues at what to do next. Good graphics and music. Decent length of game play. A buy for me.

Happy Gaming!

posted in Amazing Adventures: The Forgotten Dynasty on Apr 9, 11 8:13 AM
Exceptional game! Have Vacation Quest: The Hawaiian Islands and love it! Loads of gameplay time in both games. Some clever phrases are used when searching for certain hidden objects (makes you think a little) . Good variety of puzzles & mini-games. If you love straight hidden object games, these are two of the best.

Thanks Big Fish!

posted in Puzzle Park on Apr 7, 11 6:10 PM
I usually pass on Match 3 games, but after reading all the good reviews just had to try it. This one is exceptional. Love the graphics and all the movement of the items in the puzzles. Lots of eye candy here and appears to be lots of gameplay time as well. Happy to pick this one up at the DD price.

Thanks Big Fish!

posted in The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship on Apr 2, 11 1:03 PM
This looks like a fun fragmented object game which I like as a change from the hidden object games, but have to agree with chrissy......the items are just too small for me to find.

Happy gaming!

posted in The Fool on Apr 1, 11 3:07 PM
Maybe "Adventures of Robinson Crusoe" is the other one??

posted in Potion Bar on Mar 29, 11 7:27 PM
I play games to relax, so I'm also not a big fan of TM games. This game is fun without adding too much pressure. I tried the demo and liked it. It's a cute game with colorful characters and appears to have a decent length of gameplay time. Even though I already filled up my punch card for this month, I bought this one anyway as I felt it was easily worth the DD price.

Happy gaming folks!!!

posted in Magic Encyclopedia on Nov 28, 10 4:15 AM
Reminds me of Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff. If you liked that game you might like this one too. I played 30 minutes of the demo and decided to buy since it's a DD.

I'm okay with the graphics and the music. If you find the question marks hidden in each scene, this adds to your hint system. If you run out of hints and click for more, it then takes you to a scene where you have to find 10 question marks hidden in the scene to replentish your hint supply.

When you click on the amulet box in the lower right corner, the panel at the top of the screen tells you how many crystals are hidden in the scene. You may have to travel to other scenes to find all the fragmented pieces you need to complete an object. The little globe in the upper right corner takes you to the map. When you go to the map screen and click on the coins shown, the panel at the bottom of the screen tells you how many objects and crystals need to be found in that scene. When you click the Play button it will take you to that particular scene.

As you progress through the game, more coins show up on the map. When you see a red flag on the map, that means you've completed everything in that scene.

Not sure yet how long this game is, but figure it is worth the DD price.

Happy Gaming

posted in Twisted Lands: Shadow Town on Nov 14, 10 8:47 AM
Good IHOG/Puzzle/Adventure game!

I agree with all the good comments already posted. Thanks BFG for the generous hint system that helps direct you through the fog without using up the hint.

Like someone else posted, I thought the game would end once I obtained all the snake statues, but not so. There is quite a bit of gameplay time for the money.

A little surprised at the ending, but I guess this leaves room for a possible sequel.

Stay hookt!

posted in Twisted Lands: Shadow Town on Nov 14, 10 7:30 AM
Thanks to ecko for noting that the walkthrough has a typo. This puzzle had me stumped for a bit and its not one you can skip!

I think this is how it works:

- Move the right control right once.
- Move the left contol down once.
- Press the red hook button.
- Move the left control up once.
- Move the right control left twice, then up once.
- Move the left control down once.
- Press the red hook button.

Hope this helps other fishies. Happy gaming!

hookt

posted in Robin Hood on Nov 13, 10 3:49 AM
I was hoping this was a sequel to Robin's Quest: A Legend Born (which I really liked), but no such luck.

Disappointed. Tried 10 minutes of the demo and had to let it go. Had trouble finding the differences on the two crudely drawn coat of arms puzzle and noticed there was no hint system.

No buy for me.

hookt

posted in The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on Nov 6, 10 5:27 PM
In the puzzles with the triangular mirrors, try clicking the "Check" button at the bottom of the screen. This will show you where the laser beams are going so you can tweak them where you want in order to solve the puzzle.

I had the same problem with the ballerinas. I opened the music box but no ballerinas on the pedestals. I skipped that puzzle.

When I got through the entire game, I clicked on the "Puzzles" option from the Main Menu. This shows all the puzzles from the game. The screen shot shows ballerinas on pedestals in the music box, but when I click on the screen shot, the ballerinas are not there. May be a glitch in the game?

Other than the ballerina problem, the game worked okay for me.

hookt

posted in Mystery Age: The Dark Priests on Nov 4, 10 5:59 PM
Excellent Game!

I really enjoyed Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff and this one appears to be just as good if not better. Judging by the walkthrough it looks like loads of gameplay time for me. Lots to do and love the nice blend of interactive hidden object, fragmented object and adventure.

Thanks for all the great reviews folks. Can't think of anything more to add to the thread. Only played half the demo and then went to spend my game credit, even though I still have games from the Halloween sale that I haven't finished yet. Couldn't pass this one up.

Totally hookt on

posted in Mystery Valley on Oct 30, 10 6:22 AM
It won't play for me either.

I get a pop-up window that has:

Can't init app

After clicking "OK", then I get another pop-up window that has:

Error: Access violation at 0x004B8E68 (tried to read from 0x03F9E96C), program terminated.

Tried disabling my antivirus software, but still no change.

Bummer. Looks like a good game.

posted in Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff on Oct 25, 10 7:45 PM
I bought this game as a Daily Deal and found it to be a very relaxing game.

Nice blend of interactive hidden objects and fragmented objects. Mini-games are relatively easy, but I believe they increased in difficulty farther into the game. Graphics are bright and colorful. A nice change of pace from some of the darker themed games. Music is pleasant, but a bit repetitive.

Game has 13 chapters, so I found it to be a good length of game play.

Well worth the $2.99 Catch of the Week price.

Happy Gaming!
hookt

posted in Undiscovered World: The Incan Sun on Oct 24, 10 7:09 AM
Thanks CasualGran! I always love reading your reviews!

I played the hour demo and made it to Chapter 4. From other reviews in the forum, it looks like there might be 8 chapters to this one.

This game would be good for kids or gamers new to HOGs. Straight HOG. Mini-games (so far) are jigsaw puzzles. Clear graphics. No timer. Great hint system.

For seasoned HOG gamers it will be a tad easy.

Nice game for the DD price of $2.99.

I always check out the DD, but I think I'll pass on this one. I like more of a challenge.

Still hookt!

posted in Columbus: Ghost of the Mystery Stone on Oct 23, 10 5:54 PM
Excellent game! Exceptional blend of interactive hidden object, fragmented object, puzzles and adventure. Nice to have the choice of Casual or Advanced mode. Beautiful graphics. Nice music. Good storyline. Lots of gameplay time.

Also, the developer must have a thing for cats. I noticed almost every scene has some type of cat in it. Cute!

hookt

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator