Posts created by Ariztokat

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® Collector's Edition on Sep 9, 10 12:43 PM
Aw thanks much, thibeaux! Thought I was losing what little mind I have left.

Kat

posted in Robin's Quest: A Legend Born on Sep 7, 10 9:24 AM
This very quickly became my favorite game of all the more than 40 games I've gotten from BFG! Love that it has a woman heroine, love that it was based on one of my favorite books from childhood (I always KNEW he had a mom!), loved that Maid Marian was a little girl (cute ), and loved the fireflies.

Cons: Didn't like the distraction of Robin's voice at every turn. Was cute the first play, but got old after playing more than 3 or 4 times (which I did within the first week I had it ). Didn't know what I was supposed to do with all the gold I collected. I wanted to donate it to the little priest that opened a soup kitchen, but there was no option for it. Would have liked to interact more with the characters.

This game gets 5 of 5 !

Kat

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven on Sep 7, 10 9:16 AM
This has got to be the most frustrating game EVER! Not only were the HOG scenes piles of crap, but picking up objects that I had NO clue how to use and running up and down stairs and back and forth to gardens and such had me so tired that it took me 3 days to finish the game. I wish I'd saved my pennies. The story lines were good, though.

Kat

posted in Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone on Aug 15, 10 10:57 PM
THIS is what I call a game! Are there anymore like this one? I like the ones that make you think a little bit, but not kill your eyesight trying to find teensy little pieces of an object that make no sense to the game. Love this one, and got both of them. Will be looking for the next one with anticipation!

Kat

posted in The Magician's Handbook II: BlackLore on Aug 15, 10 10:17 PM
Hello, Bryce.

Compliments on a job WELL done! This is a fantastic game, and I wish BFG had the first installment on the market. I missed it, and would love to have it to add to the collection. Hopefully this will turn into a regular series? I'd like more of the same.

... Next time, though, could you make the objects a bit larger or clearer? These old eyes of mine gave me a headache. It took me 2 days to play the game because I had to keep stopping to take another aspirin. lol.

Seriously, this is the only objection I had to the whole game. It's lovely! I wish there were more like it. Thank you for putting such great care into it's creation. I'd be very proud if I were you.

and

Kat

posted in The Magician's Handbook II: BlackLore on Aug 15, 10 9:44 PM
What a sweet little game this is! And I do mean LITTLE! With such great graphics and storyline, I only wish I could play for longer than 30 minutes at a time. The tiny objects give me a headache looking for them.

I really do like it a lot, though, and am not sorry at all that I bought it.

posted in Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal on Aug 13, 10 12:12 AM
What FUN! Are there anymore like this? Hated the demon's voice, and the girl seemed less animated than I would have been in her situations, but other than that, absolutely loved the game!

posted in Enlightenus on Jul 15, 10 11:40 PM
Love that y'all are like a family. You have every right to be proud of your co-workers/players.

I absolutely LOVED this game! It's the best so far, and I speak from experience: I have downloaded over 30 games from BigFish, of which more than 20 are HOGs and IHOGs. So far, THIS ONE IS MY FAVORITE!!!!! That's saying a lot, because I really fell in love with the Dream Chronicles series and have played them all at least three times each. lol. But you guys kicked serious azz with this game, and I sure hope you'll be doing another soonest!

and

posted in Awakening: The Dreamless Castle on Jul 13, 10 10:05 PM
What a beautiful, beautiful game.

Who were the developers? It had such a Dream Chronicles feel to it that I can't help but wonder. Read in some other post that it's not, but how can it not be?

When will the next chapter come out? Anyone know? I hope it's soon soon soon!

WTG BFG!!!

posted in Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse on Jul 13, 10 10:00 PM
hbgroadends wrote:Ariztokat, I totally agree with you on how frustrating it is to go through a bunch of messages to find the answer you are looking for.

Just thought I'd mention that I'm pretty sure Princess Isabella has a walkthrough posted, which will give you another source to check when you are stuck without having to go through a bunch of posts. You can get to the walkthroughs for all of the games by clicking on the blog link found on the home page for BFG, then click the link on the right side for the game walkthroughs list.

Hope this helps!

Glad you like the game! I agree--it is a beautiful game and fun to play. If you haven't checked out Drawn: The Painted Tower, I highly recommend that one as well as it is even more beautiful than Princess Isabella, IMO.

Loved Drawn. I'm a really huge Dream Chronicles fan, though. Just finished Awakening: The Dreamless Castle. If that one's not by the same developers, I'll eat my hat! lol. It's really beautifully done.

Thanks for the holler back.

posted in Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse on Jul 12, 10 11:56 AM
Is there a secret way to get into the Dance Hall? The door is blocked and I can't figure out how to remove the chandelier. I've tried all the fairy powers, but I guess I'm missing something somewhere. I don't seem to have any tools in my inventory that will clear it either. Can someone help me, please?

Kat

Nevermind. lol. Boy do I feel dumb!

I finished the game! Way cool, ! Thanks!

posted in Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse on Jul 12, 10 11:50 AM
I am finding it extremely difficult to find someone who has the problem solution to one of my doors. Sifting through more than 20 pages of "help", "stuck", and the innocuous "Princess Isabella..." posts has tired me out so much that I'm giving up on the game for tonight.

PLEASE, PEOPLE, label your posts appropriately so that old geezers like me can find help in a timely manner! It takes only a second to type in a subject line.

And now having said all that, I say this: I'm loving this game! The fairy could stand some education, and sometimes scares heck outta me as she swoops about grabbing stuff I've found, but she's cute. Love the map feature, and how it lets you know when and where tasks can be accomplished. Beautiful graphics and great storyline. of for this one. Thanks, ! More like this one would be great!

Kat

collegeturkey wrote:Is there a walk through I can get for Crystal Portal

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/the-mystery-of-the-crystal-portal-beyond-the-horizon-walkthrough/

posted in Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose Collector's Edition on Jul 1, 10 12:37 PM
In the kitchen (I think...?) where you find the pieces of the chain lock pliers, the last small round piece is missing from my picture. I went to the walk through to check and it showed where each is. I clicked all over the locations showed, and still can't find it. Is this a glitch, or am I just flat blind? Have had no other problems with objects gone south in the rest of the game. Just this one. Anyone else had this problem?

posted in The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon on Jun 29, 10 6:03 PM
Just as good as the first one.

I, too, found it a bit annoying to have to search for the buckets so hard. Thank goodness for the hints. Still didn't like the looks on the heroine's face at times, but it did seem her attitude was a bit nicer this game. Maybe by the next one she will have learned to smile a little. lol.

As in the first game, the graphics are amazing. I wish they could have spent more time in the bathysphere (or whatever it was called), because the underwater scenes were truly breathtaking. The storyline was even more exciting than the first.

Overall, still give it 5 of 5

posted in Dream Chronicles ™ 2: The Eternal Maze on Jun 28, 10 5:03 PM
LizzieK wrote:Your welcome. I hope you enjoyed the game. DC2 is my favorite of the series.

I can't choose a favorite! I love them all. Played the demo of the new one, and am planning to buy it as soon as it goes SE. I love how each of the games of the series changes just a little bit as they go along. And the updates were a big help!

posted in Dream Chronicles: The Chosen Child on Jun 28, 10 4:56 PM
Franzilla wrote:I am having the same problem. Can't find the last planet. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

I finally found it. It's outside by the forge. WAAAAAYYYY over to the right under and behind some shrub or grass or something. Barely visible! But it is there. And guess what? I FINISHED the game! It's great!

Good luck!

posted in Cate West: The Vanishing Files on Jun 28, 10 4:47 PM
I did NOT like this game, and wish I had saved my money for something else.

There is clever, then there is "clever". The "cleverness" of this one spoiled it for me. The objects were not hidden, they were buried - and so should this game be.

The only thing that kept me playing was the storyline. I've had the game for two weeks, and still haven't finished it because it gives me a tremendous headache.

I will not be buying anymore Cate West games. Sorry, fishies.

posted in The Mystery of the Crystal Portal on Jun 28, 10 4:38 PM
Yet another series I will become addicted to!
This is one of the best bucketeers I've played! Great graphics, mostly easy finds, and awesome storyline. When will the next chapter be available? HURRY, !

I do agree that our heroine has a bit of an attitude problem. The dialogue bubbles really distracted from the game. This is one game that would be excellent for voice acting. I can hear some of them in my mind as I read the bubbles. Wouldn't James Earl Jones be perfect for the African shaman?

and a !

posted in Love Story: Letters from the Past on Jun 27, 10 10:32 PM
Sweet, moving and beautiful story. Loved the whole game with one exception. The ending dialouge was lame lame lame. After all the poor lady went through to find her man, all he could say was "Mary"? lol.

Overall, I'll give it and 3/4 stars. Wish BFG would make more like this.

GO !

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator