Posts created by pgillenw

pgillenw wrote:
jeannieroach wrote:after I put the pinecone in the bubble on 2 computers, the game just glitters, can't even go to the menu I have to bring up my task box and close the game down. What is wrong?

Experiencing the same issue.

I got around this by switching modes to casual then I switched back to my custom mode.

jeannieroach wrote:after I put the pinecone in the bubble on 2 computers, the game just glitters, can't even go to the menu I have to bring up my task box and close the game down. What is wrong?

Experecing the same issue.

posted in Silent Nights: Children's Orchestra on Nov 30, 14 2:42 PM
The game does not present in fullscreehn.

The second music puzzle so far I have not been able to move past. There is no Skip and the walkthrough solution does not work. Now what?

Let me say I was one excited woman to see the game title -- I immediately downloaded and started the demo -- within minutes I was hooked.

Oh I loved the original Dire Grove and I was so pleased be transplanted back to the original scenes -- I felt at home.

Elephant has created a wonderful blockbuster of a game.

One thing I missed was "snarky comments", I like snarky!

Now lets get to it and bring a sequel to 13th Skull.

posted in Final Cut: The True Escapade Collector's Edition on Nov 22, 14 10:38 PM
This was a short game! I did find myself a tad bored. I know when I am bored I just skip the puzzles.

I did not find the map useful and the guide I never used --

I am aware that it takes a team to bring a game to final production -- you work hard. Overall this game fell short.

Oh how I yearn for a good story/tale, journal entries that make me want to go back and read. A story that entertains me. A story that is intriguing.

Oh how I long for the days of the 13th Skull like productions -- entertaining, challenging, loads of humor and some rather disgusting scenes. Hoodoo, Voodoo, good old boy -- mama Amie and more.

The first time I played the game it took me a little over 3 days. I have replayed numerous times while not taking over 3 days may play is down to 1 1/2 days.

My .02cents.

posted in Surface: Game of Gods Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 14 8:20 PM
Worry about folks who possess this kinda of imagination!

Ok wanted to see for myself but I always appreciate other reviews.

Some reviewers right on the spot. Game is too simple. Best I think for those who are beginners. I chose the Advanced Mode and Customized.

Just want to pass along to team developers there is a fine line between showing off programing cleverness and completing everything for the gamer. Those gamers like myself having played hidden object games for a long time do not need the game to spell out every detail -- I like a challenge and thus to think for myself. Since I chose Advanced Mode and did not choose the most difficult I may I admit brought some of this on myself but I suspect the game would have remained sorta in the simpleton category.

Now I appreciate the work it takes to produce the games.

Elephant its time to drop this genre and go for a different one. I understand that you never can please all but get away from this box you find yourself and go for something on the lines of a Dire Grove, 13th Skull, Midnight Mysteries etc.

I am not going to purchase -- highly recommend others to make their own choice.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Stone Guest Collector's Edition on Nov 18, 14 2:58 PM
The game caused mayhem on my system. Closing down the game seem not to have an affect of freeing resources. Trying to run other applications after a close not possible. Screen background, sticky notes and Desktop would become a black screen. The only drastic solution was to reboot and uninstall this game.

Made me concerned if the game contained malware.

posted in Alex Hunter: Lord of the Mind on Nov 10, 14 9:58 PM
I missed by one count the ability to get to the secret room yet I enjoyed the game enough to play another time. Never used the SG -- spent what would add up to a days play meaning the length of play was very good. I played the expert mode.

posted in Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition on Nov 7, 14 10:56 PM
Enjoyed helping this weird family. Bonus game was fun as well.

The Secret Room challenge was a nice touch.

posted in Psycho Train on Nov 5, 14 10:23 PM
I skipped right on through this game. An old style game -- easy hidden objects and solving any game issues easy. This is not a bad game for a kid or instant gratification for us "older" folks.

Not sure if the games final message from the deranged trainman was don't bully you create folks like me.

posted in Whispered Secrets: Into the Wind on Nov 4, 14 12:56 PM
After playing this game in its entirety I was left with a feeling of boredom. In fact I found myself also relieved that the game was over. I do believe that one must try the game and decide for themselves.

I would like to state to all development teams that I am tired, hear me tired of the repeat this pattern, note on a piano or string instrument. I honestly hate this type of mini-game.

I am always reluctant to post negative comments about a game because I understand the work required to produce a game. However it is time for teams to think out of the current box of producing games under the flavor of this game. Breakaway from the pack and go for games of substance and with a good storyline.

posted in Myths of the World: Black Rose Collector's Edition on Oct 31, 14 12:13 AM
This was a good game! Bonus game added more fun.

posted in Evil Pumpkin: The Lost Halloween on Oct 30, 14 12:16 AM
I am now giving up on this game. Cute story -- frustrating game since call me a pumpkin head but I have had to skip to many puzzles -- and now the darn pumpkin handle after charging up the scissors then clicking my brains out the pump once harder pumps but clicks are clicks and the game takes the click on its terms not how fast they are entered.

No its game money back time.

posted in Fear for Sale: The 13 Keys Collector's Edition on Oct 24, 14 7:05 PM
Enjoyed -- mini games about my speed -- fast to solve and reward of being called a genius to some that required a plan of action.

posted in Riddles of Fate: Memento Mori Collector's Edition on Oct 17, 14 7:28 PM
The game was simple -- sprinkling throughout the game of more difficult to less difficult to solve mini-games desirable. I found all the mini games in the simple category except those where you must drag a thing along a path without your cursor traveling out side the boundary's of the strange things. For a non neurologically challenged individual I could imagine their response as "this is trite and boring". For a neurologically challenged person as I am the silly things were not doable and to try as I did it was incredibly frustrating -- had to skip. Please design with disabilities in mind.

The game was short in length and the bonus chapter fell way short both in length and story.

Choosing to purchase this came at the cost of the CE, my problem, an Elephant Games and BF problem that we were overcharged for this game.s

Graphics were remarkable.

posted in League of Light: Wicked Harvest Collector's Edition on Oct 11, 14 10:48 PM
Development team pat yourselves on the back for a terrific game.

The games clever tasks to accomplish while not difficult they remained challenging enough. Add the remarkable cleverness held my attention. I was never bored and thus entertained.

I loved the little helper and his dad. Great work in the story.

Just so you are aware the game did at five abrupt ends. I suspect it was a memory management issue but no harm done. Depending on where one was in the game on starting the game again a task or two already accomplished had to be done again.

CE was well worth the purchase. Bonus game + extra bonus game.

Thanks for bringing us this game.

I highly recommend this game.

posted in Dark Realm: Queen of Flames Collector's Edition on Oct 4, 14 6:47 PM
While I am up to my ears with the fantasy genres of this type being of won't for a hidden object game I plunged in to giving this game a go. I am glad I did.

The game presented stunning scenes and bags of clever tasks. I experienced not one programming related issue.

I recommend this game.

The fancifulness of the game was not enough to keep me from being bored. When I find myself skipping and choosing to click the old hint button time to give it up.

I think this game will fit some folks fancy and like me others who are ready for more 'grown up' HOGS as of late we just keep waiting for a blockbuster.

My hat is off to the development team, you as they say "did a good job".

posted in Runaway Express Mystery on Sep 24, 14 12:23 AM
Enjoyed!

Great job! Loved playing the game. I intend to play once more and choose a different path through the game.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator