Posts created by jennsmom

desandnrs wrote:I found the code. It only showed up on my pc one time, don't know why. But it is PARABLES and it works. cause I used it.

Thank you! I wasn't going to buy this game, but with a true club half price, I can't resist. And then, I couldn't find a code anywhere! I thought perhaps another fishie could help and you did.

posted in Mystery Tales: The Other Side Collector's Edition on Mar 17, 18 10:42 AM
pennmom36 wrote:
jennsmom wrote:I'm downloading the demo just to see if any improvements were made since I tried the Beta. I liked the TV aspect, but I'm getting a bit tired of villains in hoods with glowing eyes. I thought the artwork wasn't up to the standard set by the other Mystery Tales games, and when I played the beta, a puzzle in the very beginning involving a map, simply did not work at all - which I mentioned in my survey response. But, I like Mystery Tales on the whole, even with the Giant Glasses Gimmick, so will try the demo with hopeful heart.

That map game was the most ridiculous way to get from point A to point B, aka drive around in complete circles in the opposite direction to get to the police station that is a straight shot south!

Doesn't matter. It still wouldn't work. I could not move past point A which is what happened when I did the Beta. I guess it must be me and my computer if no one else has this problem, but I'm not going to buy a game where I have to skip a puzzle at the very beginning.

posted in Mystery Tales: The Other Side Collector's Edition on Mar 17, 18 7:34 AM
I'm downloading the demo just to see if any improvements were made since I tried the Beta. I liked the TV aspect, but I'm getting a bit tired of villains in hoods with glowing eyes. I thought the artwork wasn't up to the standard set by the other Mystery Tales games, and when I played the beta, a puzzle in the very beginning involving a map, simply did not work at all - which I mentioned in my survey response. But, I like Mystery Tales on the whole, even with the Giant Glasses Gimmick, so will try the demo with hopeful heart.

I liked the way it looked when I started the demo, and thought it very reminiscent of the first Dark Parables games, but I'm glad I decided to play for a while. The first little story with the princess and the golden ball did me in. I couldn't figure out what to do without looking at the SG. No thanks. I realize that may be just me being dense, but if I need to consult the SG to figure out a puzzle that early in the game, it is not for me. Too bad.

posted in Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition on Mar 13, 18 12:41 PM
I was extremely disappointed with the game. The demo looked very good; I liked the different morphs in the HOS. It was an interesting story line, nice graphics, good music. However, as the game progressed, I found that directions were not always clear, and one puzzle (on the train with connectors) didn't work at all. The ending was confusing - I beat everyone, but how did I do it? No explanation at all, just flashing from one scene to another. I play for the story as well as the puzzles and HOS. I don't remember the last time I used "hint" and "skip" as often as in this game. I admit, I had to skip those puzzles which were difficult for my arthritic hands, and that's a very personal thing, but I had to use that hint because the direction and goals were unclear. I started to play the bonus game, but realized that with few changes, it really was almost exactly what I had played before in an earlier game.

I don't much care if the developers resurrect the Red Queen again (who was really not necessary to the story at all), I'll not play another Vermillion Watch.

posted in Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition on Mar 12, 18 11:14 AM
Wish I'd read this before purchase. I would have waited for the SE.

posted in Nevertales: Creator's Spark Collector's Edition on Mar 10, 18 5:59 AM
Because I am a Nevertales fan, I will demo this game, but I played the Beta twice (second time after it had a name change) and was completely unimpressed. I thought the story line was boring and the game play, disjointed, and I saw nothing that reminded me of Tale World at all. Perhaps it has gone through more changes since the Beta, and for that reason I will try the demo. I'm keeping my fingers crossed....although it will be more difficult to play that way.

Editing after demo: Three times was not the charm. I did see some improvements, but not enough for a purchase, Unfortunately. I still find game play to be disjointed, and goals unclear. Disappointed, as this will be the first Nevertales I am turning down. I really miss the quality of the first couple of games in the series.

posted in Wanderlust: What Lies Beneath Collector's Edition on Mar 9, 18 7:29 AM
I did NOT play the demo long enough to find out how "puzzle" heavy this game was, and not even puzzles that add to the story, just there to stretch out game play. I'm so disappointed with too many puzzles, flashing tool bag, and illogical solutions to problems, that I am stopping where I am (at the "zoo") and will put this in the trash and chalk it up to a poor decision on my part.

posted in Vermillion Watch: In Blood Collector's Edition on Mar 3, 18 7:06 AM
nanafraser - Your comment just proves that all of we fishies have different preferences. I like it when the steps are shown for a puzzle when you skip, especially if I can't figure out what the heck I've done wrong. So, knowing that, it is more likely that I will purchase the latest Vermillion Watch. But I can see it would be annoying for others.

posted in Myths of the World: Love Beyond Collector's Edition on Feb 27, 18 10:43 AM
I came looking to see if there was an answer to this. I'm very irritated. Game was goin along fine until this stupid chalk drawing thing. I managed to outline 4 units, then the line simply wouldn't stick. I finally skipped it, grumbling and complaining because the puzzle isn't exactly rocket science and there's no reason to have to skip it.

I hope you found an answer.

Bought this game against my better judgement because I have nothing but problems with games from this developer. Last year, I thought it was my computer, but I have a new one with everything up to date, and still have issues. However, I like Alice, and wanted to go with her on this adventure, even though I've given up on other game series by the developer. I love the story line, but I do not love lags between scenes, and having to click on things 20 times before I get just the right spot. It's frustrating; in fact, it's downright maddening. Even so, I suppose that if Alice has any new adventures coming up, I'll probably get sucked in again. So for story line and the triangle alt. game but for the mechanics.

I have other games by Sunward that I really have enjoyed. This is not one of them. I thought it would be something different, and the story line was fine, as were the graphics, but I couldn't get all the morphs because no matter how many times I clicked on some of them, I couldn't manage to click in the right place. I think there were 5 or 6 that were impossible to get.

The logic of the tools oftentimes escaped me. No, you can't use this small sharp thing, you have to use another small sharp thing - no, not that one either, get another. No you can't pry with this perfectly good prying tool, you have to wait until you get another that in reality, you wouldn't use at all. I dislike games that do this sort of thing. It wasn't fun, it was frustrating, and it goes on the list that is headed: NEVER TRY TO PLAY THIS AGAIN!

posted in Donna Brave: And the Deathly Tree Collector's Edition on Feb 9, 18 11:26 AM
I didn't get that one, but I did find I could go back. It was kind of frustrating, because I really liked the game.

posted in Shadowplay: The Forsaken Island Collector's Edition on Feb 9, 18 11:24 AM
Got to the boardroom where the brother is going to save me, and the thing went nuts. Screen froze, sound vibrated, and I couldn't even CAD to get out. Had to shut down my computer. I'm hesitant to try to play it again.

posted in Donna Brave: And the Deathly Tree Collector's Edition on Feb 4, 18 12:26 PM
I'm feeling very frustrated. In 4 scenes now (3 in main game, 1 in bonus) I haven't been able to find the collectible and or the morph. I've even looked at the SG and click where they are supposed to be, but no joy. Would someone please let me know if this is a game where we can go back and find them after the bonus game? Thanks.

Coming here late, but I just got around to playing this for the first and ONLY time. I found it to be illogical, and some of the puzzles drove me round the bend. It isn't that they were that difficult, it's that they didn't work. Some (a colored lock puzzle) wouldn't move at all. Many did not work properly. The one with arrows wouldn't work and I even check the SG, but I had all the arrows just as pictured so as others, I had to skip it. I finally finished main game and bonus, but I'll never play it again, and I look on it as a waste of money.

posted in Fantasy Quest Solitaire on Jan 29, 18 9:15 AM
Not fascinating - I preferred the Match 3, but good enough for me to use an about to expire coupon. Wish I could be more enthusiastic.

posted in Donna Brave: And the Deathly Tree Collector's Edition on Jan 27, 18 10:52 AM
pennmom36 wrote:

Mad Head Games should have made this new series more like an Agatha Christie murder mystery. Instead, they went from a Strangler in Paris to Killer Tree Roots? To make matters worse, the graphics are horrible at times, close ups in some scenes make everything look like it was drawn for a cartoon. I'm more than a little upset that MHG dropped the ball with this uninteresting plot.

I'm happy with the game, but I agree that it would have been nice to make it more of a standard murder mystery. There are so many monsters, and very few real mysteries.

posted in Donna Brave: And the Deathly Tree Collector's Edition on Jan 27, 18 7:06 AM
I played the Beta and my notes say:
Donna Brave and the Deathly Tree – great graphics, interesting story, even if I’ve seen it before. Mostly puzzles that I like. I am happy with the morphs in the HOS, and the tree has just gotten Donna and I want to know what happens next and what happened to the gardener’s son – although I think I know. This is a definite buy.

So, I'm going to go with my thoughts after the Beta, and make the purchase.

So, I was taken as a newborn, and placed in a monastery where I immediately fell asleep and stayed asleep for 25 years? And yet, I awoke able to understand language, and speak with an extensive vocabulary, and walk and understand what books and locks were, etc.,etc., without anyone's help?

Sometimes, I just can't. Just...no.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator