Posts created by RainbowExplorer

As I posted above (and began to suspect, after reading the type of problems being listed here), I believe that the majority of problems many of us are having are related to the INHERENT RIGIDITY built into this game. Rather than providing us with a game that we are capable of exploring, wandering about, and completing in a fairly open-ended fashion, these game developers may have chosen another way.

I started my game over, with a new player name and everything. Then, I followed the steps of the game, EXACTLY AS WRITTEN IN THE STRATEGY GUIDE. Everything has worked perfectly smoothly, as long as I play the game THAT way. However, that is NOT my usual method of playing computer games. Typically, I explore around, clicking on anything that looks interesting, trying to solve any and all puzzles I run acrossed (as I run acrossed them), wandering from room to room, in no particular order, unless I'm certain of exactly what I need to do next.

This game does NOT seem to want the gamer to use her/his own judgment, intuition, or intelligence, when playing it. It appears to me (at least so far), to be an INTENSELY RIGID game, which demands that each player follow its prescribed pathway and NOT deviate from the steps that are clearly outlined. While it HAS allowed me to continue playing this game, without any further "glitches" or "bugs" (or items missing or mysteriously disappearing), it's, also, taken most of the FUN away from playing the game. I don't like having my hand held SO TIGHTLY, that I'm not EVER allowed to think for myself, or explore rooms or puzzles that I want to explore WHEN I want to explore them!

Those of you who have been experiencing similar "glitches", see if following the SG EXACTLY, permits you to move more smoothly through the game. I doubt this is only a "fluke" that I'm experiencing, but we won't know unless others experiment with this strategy, as well. If my hunch turns out to be true (that the developers deliberately created the game to only follow one STRICT series of steps, without any sort of deviations allowed), then we will ALL learn very quickly, how to fix our mysterious "bugs". If it was developed this way, it would have been NICE for the creators to have informed us, in their "Help Section" at the beginning of the game.

Sure hope this suggestion helps!

Rainbow

posted in Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition on Oct 5, 11 12:47 AM
blu_j_10 wrote:I have even tried to register with BoomZap to voice my input on how discouraged people are with this game. You apparently have to be "reviewed & accepted" before you can even post on their site. Never heard a peep from them, and this was last month. Go figure.

How pathetic! I had considered contacting BoomZap, directly, myself. Now that I know how futile that approach is, I won't bother. However, I DID send a PM to the BoomZap Webmaster (who started the "Thank You" thread on this Forum), to inquire as to what is going on with this game. So far, I've heard NOTHING back. What happened to the day and age when creators, developers, manufacturers, etc. took personal PRIDE in their work and didn't just leave their customers ignored, forgotten, overlooked?!?!?!

ANY basic business course will inform students that one of the MAJOR KEYS to building successful relationships with customers, suppliers, workers, etc., is COMMUNICATION!!!! Last I knew, communication was a "two-way" street. Thus, it won't EVER be productive, if just ONE party is willing to communicate!

Rainbow

These are well known, common "technical glitches" with this game. It would be GREAT, if you would report these problems on the "Technical Problems" thread here AND notify the BFG Customer Service staff, ASAP, via the "Live Chat" and/or the Green Envelope methods. Until BFG Technical Support staff are bombarded with complaints, these issues are unlikely to ever be repaired/fixed. Most of the CE Versions of games, like this one, have been coming out, lately, with all sorts of "technical bugs", which indicates, to me, that inadequate beta testing is being done - both by the game manufacturer, as well as, BFG.

Best wishes to you!

Rainbow

This is a well known, common "technical glitch" with this game. It would be GREAT, if you would report this problem on the "Technical Problems" thread here AND notify the BFG Customer Service staff, ASAP, via the "Live Chat" and/or the Green Envelope methods. Until BFG Technical Support staff are bombarded with complaints, these issues are unlikely to ever be repaired/fixed. Most of the CE Versions of games, like this one, have been coming out, lately, with all sorts of "technical bugs", which indicates, to me, that inadequate beta testing is being done - both by the game manufacturer, as well as, BFG.

Best wishes to you!

Rainbow

This is a well known, common "technical glitch" with this game. It would be GREAT, if you would report this problem on the "Technical Problems" thread here AND notify the BFG Customer Service staff, ASAP, via the "Live Chat" and/or the Green Envelope methods. Until BFG Technical Support staff are bombarded with complaints, these issues are unlikely to ever be repaired/fixed. Most of the CE Versions of games, like this one, have been coming out, lately, with all sorts of "technical bugs", which indicates, to me, that inadequate beta testing is being done - both by the game manufacturer, as well as, BFG.

Best wishes to you!

Rainbow

Best wishes to you!

Rainbow

This is a common "technical glitch" with this game. It would be GREAT, if you would report this problem on the "Technical Problems" thread here AND notify the BFG Customer Service staff, ASAP, via the "Live Chat" and/or the Green Envelope methods. Until BFG Technical Support staff are bombarded with complaints, these issues are unlikely to ever be repaired/fixed. Most of the CE Versions of games, like this one, have been coming out, lately, with all sorts of "technical bugs", which indicates, to me, that inadequate beta testing is being done - both by the game manufacturer, as well as, BFG.

Best wishes to you!

Rainbow

These are well known, common "technical glitches" with this game. It would be GREAT, if you would report these problems on the "Technical Problems" thread here AND notify the BFG Customer Service staff, ASAP, via the "Live Chat" and/or the Green Envelope methods. Until BFG Technical Support staff are bombarded with complaints, these issues are unlikely to ever be repaired/fixed. Most of the CE Versions of games, like this one, have been coming out, lately, with all sorts of "technical bugs", which indicates, to me, that inadequate beta testing is being done - both by the game manufacturer, as well as, BFG. I'm sorry the game became unplayable for you and hope it is fixed, SOON!

Rainbow

The "not saving" problem is one of MANY common "technical glitches" found throughout this game. Please post your concerns about it on the "Technical Problems" thread AND notify BFG Customer Service staff, via the "Live Chat" and/or the Green Envelope methods, as well. Until Technical Support staff hear "enough" complaints about "bugs", they will never be repaired/fixed.

Best wishes to you!

Rainbow

Unfortunately, these both sound like some of the many other "technical glitches" that all sorts of other players are running into. It's important that you post these "bugs" on the "Technical Problems" thread AND report them to the BFG Customer Service staff, via either the "Live Chat" or the Green Envelope method. Until they are aware of just how many of us are having MAJOR technical problems with this game, nothing will be fixed/repaired. That's how the "system" works around here, but I can't promise you won't be frustrated going through it. Sorry about that!

Rainbow

cll1950 wrote:When you finish CE, if you could let me know if CE extra play seemed worth it for you. Loved the first 2 Echoes but budget tight, so must be very picky.

Do like the idea of SG that holds your place and like the Devs. work.

By the way, if someone could Pm me the link to devs. site (orneon games) it would be great. My search engine is having some kind of a error fit. Wanted to ck out all other offerings.

While the CE Version is probably COMPLETELY worth every cent, I'm one of the many who are encountering multiple different types of "technical glitches" and "bugs" in this game, that you're not likely to discover, during your short demo trial period. I'm not even out of Chapter 1 yet, but have discovered that the game didn't award me a critical piece of equipment, after I successfully completed an early HOG scene.

If I hadn't been SO THRILLED that I could get this game to play for me (I have NEVER been able to successfully get through the first 10 minutes of play, on the previous game - #2 in the series - though I LOVED the first game), I would have cautioned myself (ONCE AGAIN!), about how many of these CE Version games are not sufficiently beta tested, before being released for sale, lately.

Sadly, I am being forced to remember my own "words of wisdom" about this topic. Before you buy this game or any other CE Version, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you read the "Technical Problems" thread, PRIOR to buying your game. At least that way, you'll be forewarned, BEFORE you start having to deal with the likely possibility that you're going to be VERY FRUSTRATED, very soon!

BTW, I tried to find Orneon Games on the Internet, myself. They, apparently, don't WANT to be found. Perhaps a fairly "phantom" arm of BFG or some other company, perhaps?!?!?!?

Rainbow

This is a common "technical glitch" that many players are experiencing and reporting on the "TECHNICAL PROBLEMS" thread. It's important that you let the BFG Customer Service staff know that you, too, are having this same problem. Use either the "Live Chat" line or the Green Envelope method to make your formal complaint. The more people complain about known glitches, the more seriously the BFG staff take them. It's the only way something like that will get repaired, I'm sorry to say. Best wishes to you both!

Rainbow

nebulla_69 wrote:I searched the tech issues list trying to see if anyone had the strange problem I encountered when playing this game. Nope no-one had. I was several hours into playing the game when life happened and I left-off playing for a while. When I came back...this is so hard to explain... it looked like the game was bleeding or rather like someone had left a just painted canvass outside in the rain and all the colours had ran together. Everywhere I clicked the scenes shimmered and glinted with long pixel-like streaks. I exited the game and re-started but this did not help, so I exited again but this time I closed down by computer and restarted and the game seem to be working OK now....

What a CREEPY experience it sounds like you had, Nebulla69! If I ever saw something like that on my computer, I'd either panic that it was some horrible virus, or that my computer was in the process of dying before my eyes! A Trojan Horse really DID kill my previous computer, which is why your description sent shivers down my spine.

I came here looking to see if anyone was having my problem, but it doesn't appear anyone has, as of yet, or else they have yet to report it here. I've purchased several games, lately, so haven't had a chance to get very far with several of them. This game is one of my new purchases. The demo trial went fine, but I'm still in Chapter 1 (I'm a slow player). Though I got into the guard's room, with the video monitors, and completed the HOG game there, it wasn't until I went out & finished the archery game that I found that I didn't get the strap for the sharpening wheel, that I SHOULD have gotten, when I finished the earlier HOG.

I hadn't checked or used the SG, prior to discovering that the game wants me to fix the sharpening wheel, but I don't have the necessary strap. I can't get the strap, since I already played the HOG where I should have been given it. Thus, I'm not able to move forward with the game.

From reading several of the postings here, I'm starting to wonder if this is one of those computer games that REQUIRES one to perform every single task, precisely as outlined in the SG. I avoid using the SG, if possible, & just check it if I'm stuck. Thus, I'm guessing that I did several tasks "out of order", just in the time I've been playing Chapter 1. This MIGHT explain why some are having the problems they are. I'm going to restart & follow the SG step-by-step to see if I can get past this part.

posted in Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition on Oct 4, 11 4:51 AM
Sadly, many of us who have been unable to sign in or play the CE Version of this game, are having the identical problem(s), when trying to demo trial/play the SE Version. Apparently, there has been no type of fixes made to this game whatsoever, for those using the PC format. Why they would release the SE Version for public purchase, when they (both BoomZap and BFG) BOTH know how defective this game is, both in the CE and SE Versions, puzzles me. Having interacted at length, with BFG Customer Service staff for many weeks, they keep saying that BoomZap is working on a repair, but so far, no estimated date for the "fix" has been identified. Meanwhile, there are countless PC gamers unable to demo trial this game, let alone PLAY it. So frustrating and sad, for those of us who ADORE this series of games!

Rainbow

posted in Oddly Enough: Pied Piper on Oct 4, 11 4:34 AM
prpldva wrote:Hiya Fishies! I just got the game this afternoon so unfortunately, there will be a slight delay in posting the walkthrough.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In the mean time, please post your questions in the forums. There are loads of players that would love to help.

Game on!

PrplDva

I'm glad to hear that you're "on the case" PrplDva! Without you and Margie B., many of us would have lost our minds, here in the pond, a longggggg time ago! When I first saw how long the game was and how there was no link to a Walkthrough, my eyebrows raised right up to the ceiling - couldn't help wondering how I would get through that long of a game, without help. I just know I'm far from being an "expert" gamer, yet, so have come to appreciate your work, dearly!

Best wishes always!

Rainbow

posted in Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings on Oct 2, 11 9:44 PM
Having played the SE Version to the end, it clearly felt to me that the finish was thrown together without much thought or care. It just jumped from one fantasy setting to a VERY BRIEF cutscene of the mother/son reunion, which contained only one or maybe two, sentences. There's no sense of what the son went through (during the time he was separated from his mom), nor was there any sense of the process by which the son was released from the painting, reconnected to his "spirit", then reunited with his mother. It all seemed to instantly & mysteriously happen.

To me, this game lacked both a smooth beginning & a smooth ending. By starting the game off with an audio-only cutscene (leaving us staring at a blank screen, trying to understand what we were listening to), the gamer couldn't help but be confused as to what was going on. With almost no backstory, we find the mom seeing some kind of "psychic", who puts the mom in a trance, which immediately sets her off into some unknown place, filled with paintings covering the walls - floor to ceiling. We never see the "psychic" again.

Since the scenes didn't seem to need to follow any special order, I wish they would have let us choose which ones we wanted to explore first, second, third, etc. Only the Bonus Scene (not available on the SE Version & obviously the intended ending to the game), needed to be the final painting selected.

Despite the poorly thought out start & finish to this game (they need to learn more about the art of story-telling, IMHO), I REALLY enjoyed this game. I played it on the "normal" setting, which turned out to be too easy, for me (the first time that's happened). I never had to use the Walkthrough, so the SG would have been a waste, for me. Next time, I'll play the harder version.

The creativity & beauty of the fantasy worlds was what I LOVED about the game! I enjoyed the stunning graphics, whimsical settings, charming characters, & how the painted worlds were all struggling with the SAME villain, though in different ways. Watching how the mom worked cooperatively with the painting characters was heart-warming, though rather cloying, at times. The mom didn't seem as preoccupied with rescuing her son, as most moms would be.

Sure hope the sequel will keep the charm & beauty of this game, while telling the story better!

Rainbow

posted in Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings on Oct 2, 11 9:43 PM
SPOILER ALERT:

Having played the SE Version to the end, it clearly felt to me that the finish was thrown together without much thought or care. It just jumped from one fantasy setting to a VERY BRIEF cutscene of the mother/son reunion, which contained only one or maybe two, sentences. There's no sense of what the son went through (during the time he was separated from his mom), nor was there any sense of the process by which the son was released from the painting, reconnected to his "spirit", then reunited with his mother. It all seemed to instantly & mysteriously happen.

To me, this game lacked both a smooth beginning & a smooth ending. By starting the game off with an audio-only cutscene (leaving us staring at a blank screen, trying to understand what we were listening to), the gamer couldn't help but be confused as to what was going on. With almost no backstory, we find the mom seeing some kind of "psychic", who puts the mom in a trance, which immediately sets her off into some unknown place, filled with paintings covering the walls - floor to ceiling. We never see the "psychic" again.

Since the scenes didn't seem to need to follow any special order, I wish they would have let us choose which ones we wanted to explore first, second, third, etc. Only the Bonus Scene (not available on the SE Version & obviously the intended ending to the game), needed to be the final painting selected.

Despite the poorly thought out start & finish to this game (they need to learn more about the art of story-telling, IMHO), I REALLY enjoyed this game. I played it on the "normal" setting, which turned out to be too easy, for me (the first time that's happened). I never had to use the Walkthrough, so the SG would have been a waste, for me. Next time, I'll play the harder version.

The creativity & beauty of the fantasy worlds was what I LOVED about the game! I enjoyed the stunning graphics, whimsical settings, charming characters, & how the painted worlds were all struggling with the SAME villain, though in different ways. Watching how the mom worked cooperatively with the painting characters was heart-warming, though rather cloying, at times. The mom didn't seem as preoccupied with rescuing her son, as most moms would be.

Sure hope the sequel will keep the charm & beauty of this game, while telling the story better!

Rainbow

posted in Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom on Oct 2, 11 12:47 PM
In my book, I'd rather have hamsters, hedgehogs, or guinea pigs ANY DAY, rather than the endless rats and mice we usually have to deal with in most HOG and Adventure games. The first three have some charm to them, while the latter two scream of poverty, destruction, poor sanitation, and the like. Regardless of how appealing Mickey & Minnie may be, they will NEVER turn me on to mice and their larger cousins, as "entertaining characters" in computer games. On the otherhand, show me a hedgehog or a guinea pig and I'm ready to adopt one, on the spot!

Rainbow

posted in Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom on Oct 2, 11 12:36 PM
puzzledone wrote:Don't forget, you can always buy the SE and later upgrade to the CE if you feel you want more at that point and want ti reolay.. And you still have that first one punch probably already used.

I upgraded Nightmare Realm to CE, at the time I got the SE I didn't expect to enjoy it so much. However, it was during the CE sale so paid cash for the second one, now have both versions on my pc. I mainly wanted to see what the alternate ending is on CE but haven't had time to replay it yet.

I'll probably get the SE of this one since there will be a walkthrough, and decide later to upgrade, I usually like the SG integrated. Just depends.

I have several extra free "coupons", so I was considering buying this game as the SE version, then buying the SG to attach onto it. However, that combination would not provide me with the Bonus Play and other Extras, that come with the CE Version. At the moment, the issue is rather an empty one, as I, like many other PC gamers, am not able to get either the CE Version, nor the SE Version to load correctly, on my Game Manager (even to demo trial them!).

Thus, I'm not about to buy either version, until I can get one or both of them to successfully demo trial, for me. I REALLY want all of the Bonus Play time, not just the SG, so getting the CE Version is my first choice. Why would ANYONE want to buy a SG, for the $6.99 price, when a FREE Walkthrough is available? I always wonder just how many of those separate SG components are purchased by gamers. Seems like a HUGE waste of time and money, unless one is insistent that the Walkthrough/SG be integrated into the game, itself. Without the "Extras" and Bonus Play, it's completely worthless, in my book.

Rainbow

posted in Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom on Oct 2, 11 12:19 PM
Like nearly everyone else here (who has a PC), I, too, am having EXACTLY the same problem with the SE Version of this game, as I had with the CE Version of it. Just like so many others, I'm able to view the BFG and Boomzap logos (with music playing in the background), then the loading bar fills near the bottom of the page. Then, the whole screen goes black & I'm returned to the Game Manager, without being able to sign in my name or play any part of the game.

I spent WEEKS working on this problem, almost daily, with Customer Service staff, via "Live Chat" & e-mail. Though I tried every option they suggested, NOTHING was wrong with my computer, so adjusting it dozens of different ways didn't do anything to fix the situation. They, finally, gave up trying to help me, gave me a free coupon for being so patient with the frustrating system, & I've been waiting, ever since, for the SE Version to come out (hoping IT would work, at least).

Though the Boomzap creators PROMISED us, weeks ago, that they would fix all of the technical glitches, so that we could ALL play the CE Version (if we were hoping to buy it), so far, it doesn't appear they're planning to keep their word on that subject. They DID release a technical fix for the Mac gamers, but they weren't having nearly as many problems as most PC players were having. I KNOW that the Customer Service staff are WELL AWARE that there are a large number of us who can't get either game to play. However, if you don't directly contact Customer Service (either via "Chat Live" or the Green Envelope), they won't have an accurate count as to just HOW MANY of us are being negatively impacted by this ongoing nightmare.

Considering that I, like nearly every other PC gamer here, own both of the previous Awakening games & have played them repeatedly, without any trouble, I am growing ever more convinced that the problem is with the new Game Manager. I've never had any problems play ANY Boomzap games, before, including the two previous Awakenings games. Why this one will not demo trial, in either the SE or the CE Versions seems incredibly unlikely/mysterious, if the Game Manager is NOT the problem. I've never had ANY game, made by ANY manufacturer, fail to load correctly, while I was attempting to demo trial it. This is a completely unfamiiliar experience, for me, & I don't know what else to do.

Why would deliberately release the SE Version, when they KNEW it was SO defective???

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator