Posts created by gtminer

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 11, 17 8:04 PM
Currently at 76k HOS completed. Maybe that's the cause of the hopelessness of the achievement, which are currently at 316/319/312.

At max level, well as maxed as i'm going to get, What I look forward to doing is the DQ's. I just wish it didn't require 200+ HOS a day in order to complete them in a reasonable amount of time with each new level increasing the demand.

I don't consider the DQ's "resource grabbers" only because the only reason for me to have the resources is to do the DQ. If I don't have the item needed, it's a guaranteed drop from the HOS, and a necessary evil in order to get the airship items.

It would have been ever so nice if the Dev's had just capped the airship instead of having it increase with each new update. At this point, I wish I had never gotten higher than 60 to 65 when the max was reasonable.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 7, 17 8:24 AM
Add more friends if postcards are an issue.

Add more friends if your friends have things on their list that you cant gift, but you still need to gift.

Politely, happily, merrily accept the gift even though they have nothing on their list or things that you can't gift and then add more friends.

Add more friends. Problem solved.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 5, 17 11:42 AM
I don't have the update. Am I suppose to manually chose it? I thought each updated forced one to update.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 3, 17 9:19 AM
Hi Amethyst. Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

I am currently, perpetually, forever at level 76. I stopped leveling because of the increased airship demand with each new level. I have all the gold (4.7 million), stamps, pet food to probably hit max in 1 day by pet feeding my way through it. But doing so would just make the achievements that much more harder, so I'm content to stay at level 76. Although I would really love to see the new content, it isn't going to happen any time soon.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 3, 17 8:47 AM
MiniCleo wrote:Even the blue chests aren't that generous with gold. Lots and lots of airship items, not enough gold.

This was so amusing to me as all us DQ'ers constantly cry that the blue chests brings us stuff other than airship items.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 3, 17 8:39 AM
I'm afraid the game has finally bested me. I just can't keep up with the airship requirement any more. I had been doing 200 to 400 hos a day in order to keep up, and it finally got to me. During the event, I had to force myself to do a complete round of hos a day, and many times I even failed at that. I even ended up buying traps during the sale to make sure I had enough since I wasn't doing very many hos.

Interestingly enough, since the gnome dailies started again, I find myself doing more hos than during the event. Well, at least it's not being quite as torturous. But I have become quite picky as to which DQ I do. Currently, I'm not doing any 3 & 5 part DQ's that require airship items, although my strategy for the DQ's does change from time to time. Sadly this means that I may never get the achievement for the DQ's. The good thing is I'm spending less diamonds to reset the dice, call back the airship, and reset hos's. My DQ's are currently at 306/312/304.

I also enjoy working on Trina's quests. For her, I never send out an airship unless I have a DQ that wants one too. I don't find her as stressful as the DQ airship requirements probably because I've always considered the achievements impossible. I suppose once I run out of postcards, she will become a little more stressful like the gnome airship requirement. Currently my progress with these are 396/5000 and 395/3000.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 3, 17 8:00 AM
I find it somewhat amusing that people are complaining about wanting to gift, and yet not being able to gift. I find it amusing because prior threads complained about gifting, but not receiving anything in return.

There is a simple answer to people's dilemmas:

If you have more gifts to give than friends who have wish lists, add more friends.

If a friend has items on their wish list that you feel you can't gift, then don't.

If you give gifts to a friend who never gifts back and it bothers you, stop gifting to that friend.

We are under no obligations, other than self-imposed, to gift or to have a wish list up, or to only put things on our wish list that our friends want to gift.

Be happy, add more friends.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 3, 17 7:49 AM
unofrio wrote:
mdpetdoc wrote:gift: something voluntarily transferred by one person to another without compensation

If we all keep in mind the definition of gift, perhaps there would be less frustration.

A gift means no pressure. It is voluntarily given.

A gift requires no return gift. It was given without compensation (the return gift would be compensation if you feel you must send something in return).

We are in the Christmas season, the season of giving. A time when we are hopefully giving of our time, our love, our friendship, and our resources because it makes us better people and makes us happy.

Does that spirit of Christmas not also extend to low level friends who still need post cards, etc.? It should. I don't understand why people either keep ignoring this point or accuse me of being greedy for bringing it up despite one does have to give to get it.

D-NY

A simple solution is to add more friends.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 1, 17 9:16 AM
Setting up ones wish list so others can gift to receive a postcard really isn't necessary. We can gift 15 times a day, so at the bare minimum, we would need 15 friends in order to get all the postcards. However, most have many more than that. I personally have 80 friends, way more than I can gift. Some friends have nothing on their wish list, and some friends have things on their wish list that I cannot gift because we need the same things. So if the issue is postcards, invite more friends

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 30, 17 2:32 PM
Seems there are various reasons what people put on their lists or why they take it down. I use to feel obligated to return a gift for the one I received. Now I'm coming to terms with not being able to. I put up my lowest airship item for those who find them easier, but unless they have one of my top 2 on their list, I can't return one at times. I keep a DQ item on my list, but I can't return those either. I also keep an item on my list with which to open a ZZ not associated with the DQ's. Some find those convenient to gift as the cost 100 to 130g to gift instead of the precious inventory. Most of my friends are max level and only have the DQ's to work on or Trina's daily, so sadly we all need the same type of items. A few of my friends are working on the shard achievement, so they have a crafted item on their list that only cost 280 to gift, yet yields the quite a lot of shards, so I gift it to them. Low level players wouldn't be able to afford to gift it, but it's not up there for them. I even had one of my friends send a letter to me that they didn't expect it as a gift from anyone. But I have 4.5mil coins, so a 280 gift is really nothing to me. Most of my max level friends no longer gift to me, and that's ok too. I try to return gifts, I always send out 15 gifts. When I don't have 15 gifts to return, I gift to those who have items on their list that I can gift.

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 21, 17 1:34 PM
I stopped leveling at level 76. Each level brings greater demands from the airship, and I just couldn't endure more. As it stands now, I think the game has bested me, and I shall never see the 3 DQ achievements. I am currently at over 300 on each. I can barely keep up with the holiday event.

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 21, 17 1:25 PM
playingthegame wrote:What did I do today on the MC?
Same as I did yesterday!
And it will be the same tomorrow and the next day!

I have MC "burn out" so am under my bed in the hospital wing of the Special Room flicking away the dust bunnies that accumulate whenever I am awake!

My broom is sulking as it wants me more proactive in the Special Room saga!

So I get up in the morning and have a cup of tea while my trusty PC whirls into life.
I visit the Forum to see what I have missed by being asleep as the new MC day dawns
As the MC game fires up I zap the central box of goodies (always!).
I then go to my MC Special Room and that of John to collect the first goodies of the day and zap the butterflies.
I then (at the moment) remind myself of today's CC , sigh and switch off its bright light
I go to my Friends icons and gift my first 5 (I ALWAYS get there before the first daily time slot expires).
I check who has gifted me.
My next task is to collect the daily quota of Energy balls. This is easy at the moment as I only have to zap the ghosts. But I check with the DQ first to see if I can link it with that requirement.
After that I am exhausted and go to my other game that I am currently playing.
I only feel slightly guilty at not doing the necessary daily 50 HOS for the airship items nor the puzzles to get more diamonds, but as I said above, I have burn-out at the moment!

I am so with you on this. I pretty much do the exact same thing you do. I'm at the point where I feel the game bested me, and I can no longer continue the airship demands for the DQ's. Sadly I hit 300 on all 3 achievements, and then burned out big time, so I'm not sure if I will be able to endure to the end. I had quit leveling up 2 updates ago because of the ever increasing demand of the airship, so I sit at level 76 even though I have all the resources to pretty much hit top level again in a couple days, but not going to do it.

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 3, 17 12:02 PM
Some areas won't unlock no matter your level until you have completed the quest that asks for that area. So even if you are on level 26, you may not be able to open it until you get the quest to open it.

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 1, 17 3:40 PM
Once again, thank you for putting this together. I find it so helpful. I wish it would stay on top until the cc ends.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 19, 17 7:51 PM
Does this mean I have to send out an airship without a gnome quest, or will the holiday dailies require an airship?

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 19, 17 3:12 PM
suec96 wrote:hey moogie59............I was wondering that too!
AND how do you get to unlock them,
and why do I see some of my friends avatars are not even
in the list I have.
AND some others have pets that are also NOT on my list,
like a purple dragon and a woodpecker?!

sue

I believe the purple dragon is available at level 71. Since you are level 74, I think you can begin working on it. There are 4 different pets that you can get. I will let the more wise tell you how.

One word of caution though. If you hit max level before you get the achievement for winning things at the dice table, you won't be able to get it until the max level increases. When you get a quest to get keys, they will begin showing up on the dice table. When that quest is finished, they will no longer show up even though you will need more to get all 4 pets. When you are able to get the Blue Key Quests, those rewards are what you need to get the pets. Again, I will let the more wise explain.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 19, 17 3:02 PM
You are at max level. Until there is an update that increases it, you can't go any farther, but you can work on achievements, CC's, events until that time.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 16, 17 6:24 PM
There is a crafted item needed to open a new area, but you have probably figured this out already, it's a reward for finishing a quest, so no need to craft it. Hope this helps.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 11, 17 1:23 PM
mamarose1900 wrote:LOL, Unofrio. My son loves spiders. If I'd let him, he'd have a tarantula in a terrarium in his room. He's in his 30s, so he could get it without my permission (don't tell him I said that), but I appreciate his respecting my anacrophobia. Well, except when he was 4 and thought it absolutely hilarous to stick a huge black rubber spider in my bed. I didn't scream randomly. I yelled his name and he came running laughing and laughing. Anyway, now when I see a spider, I leave it alone to decimate the flies that show up or have him take it outside.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

I once took the advice of nature lovers to leave the spiders alone. I had a daddy long leg looking spider in my bathroom. We greeted each other every time I used the room. But you know what happened? Do you know how many babies a spider has at one time? It was awful. It took months to finally get the bathroom spider free. Turns out they had moved into the vent, and there were many. Now if I see one, it's gone, either by moving it outside, or giving it a proper spider burial.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 10, 17 5:40 PM
10/10/17

Experiment 3 part
What's Going On 10 part
Something New 10 part

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator