Posts created by LapTopDancerr

posted in Nightmare on the Pacific on Jan 15, 11 1:25 AM
Bought the Premium Edition over a month ago on another site for 6.99 when a few of their CE games were on sale. They're called Premium Edition over there. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that this game felt like I was IN a movie of the caliber like 'The Titanic'. The movie, I mean game is an action/adventure theme. Cruise ship falls apart in rough seas at night. Love the intro. Story, voice acting, visuals excellent.

Sorry to see some of the XP people are having issues here. I ran this game on vista .... no problems from downloading the game elsewhere. Long game, too. About 8-9 hours for me on the Premium Edition. You can go back and forth between the different sections of the ship and not necessarily in a predetermined order. Forgot what the other reviewers call it, but you can check different areas, finish parts and come back to it to complete. Has inventory and all the regular things in most of the IHOG, Adventure, Puzzle games. (Did I miss anything?)

Just when you come to the end of the game and disappointed because like a good movie you want it to continue.....there's the bonus alternative ending and a prologue prior to the night in question, that this version doesn't have.. Even though this one is a SE I'm sure it's still great. Fantastic as far as I'm concerned. Adventure IHOG medium difficulty, good mini games (no compare the picture minis) and very enjoyable. Not the usual creepy, spooky IHOGS that dominate over here.
I will play again, but need to catch up with some spooky, creepy games that I bought here and still haven't played. Some from over a year ago. I love the creepy IHOGs and was surprised even though this one isn't, that it actually is a very entertaining game
LOL. Enjoy!

posted in Nightmare on the Pacific on Jan 15, 11 12:46 AM
Bought the Premium Edition over a month ago on another site for 6.99 when a few of their CE games were on sale. They're called Premium Edition over there. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that this game felt like I was IN a movie of the caliber like 'The Titanic'. The movie, I mean game is an action/adventure theme. Cruise ship falls apart in rough seas at night. Love the intro. Story, voice acting, visuals excellent.

Sorry to see some of the XP people are having issues here. I ran this game on vista .... no problems from downloading the game elsewhere. Long game, too. About 8-9 hours for me on the Premium Edition. You can go back and forth between the different sections of the ship and not necessarily in a predetermined order. Forgot what the other reviewers call it, but you can check different areas, finish parts and come back to it to complete. Has inventory and all the regular things in most of the IHOG, Adventure, Puzzle games. (Did I miss anything?)

Just when you come to the end of the game and disappointed because like a good movie you want it to continue.....there's the bonus alternative ending and a prologue prior to the night in question, that this version doesn't have.. Even though this one is a SE I'm sure it's still great. Fantastic as far as I'm concerned. Adventure IHOG medium difficulty, good mini games (no compare the picture minis) and very enjoyable. Not the usual creepy, spooky IHOGS that dominate over here.
I will play again, but need to catch up with some spooky, creepy games that I bought here and still haven't played. Some from over a year ago. I love the creepy IHOGs and was surprised even though this one isn't, that it actually is a very entertaining game
LOL. Enjoy!
Edit for typos.

posted in King's Smith 2 on Nov 25, 10 1:46 AM
This is Thanksgiving weekend, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! But, I don't get it....Black Friday is shortly coming up, All game sites, websites, stores, etc., have announced their sales or "to be on the look out" for more info. AND This is what we get from BFG for the holiday? .....Somebodys' computer graphics high school project?
On a holiday traditionally known for the start of Christmas sales, there isn't even a mention of a forthcoming sale for here, not even a hint, nor an email sent out for a 'super secret sale' here. Maybe, I'm missing something (Like not getting the super secret email?!?!) LOL, but I was really hoping there was (hopefully) going to be a major announcement that to celebrate the shopping season, was going to surprise all of us with a weekend CE Sale. I mean I was really hoping for a surprise!
Well, I'm heading over to another site as soon as I'm done writing here, to buy a couple of CE's that ARE ON SALE, that fortunately I don't own and can buy for $6.99! ! One released just a few months ago that I had been hoping would end up here, but won't. So I'm not going to miss this chance to buy at least 2. Sorry I wish it were you getting my money this weekend, but I have to go elsewhere for a short time.
I'm really hoping....and keeping my fingers crossed that maybe something will still happen here on Friday.
Cheers fellow fishies and BFG...have a Happy Thanksgiving tech support team and the nice peeps in CS.
edit for color/typo

posted in Fiction Fixers: The Curse of OZ on Nov 21, 10 6:48 AM
The demo ran out just when Dorothy meets up with the Tin Man. I didn't use any hints and played as if I already bought it (didn't rush through). Took my time because the graphics/story was great. So with that in mind, this will be maybe a 2 1/2 or 3 hour game for me. Definitely not longer than that. That's disappointing....the graphics, sound, story etc is very well done. Wish it was at least a 4 hour game. Will wait for a sale to buy (like a Thanksgiving Sale!)

This is a duplicate response....This was posted somewhere else, and then I saw a review thread.

posted in Fiction Fixers: The Curse of OZ on Nov 21, 10 6:32 AM
The demo ran out just when Dorothy meets up with the Tin Man. I didn't use any hints and played as if I already bought it (didn't rush through). So with that in mind, this will be maybe a 2 1/2 or 3 hour game for me. Definitely not longer than that. That's disappointing....the graphics, sound, story etc is very well done. Wish it was at least a 4 hour game. Will wait for a sale to buy (like a Thanksgiving Sale!)

posted in The Dracula Files on Nov 21, 10 6:16 AM
Something is still strange about this game even after the update. The comic book downloaded and after playing the game for just a few minutes, it would have made the game better if they had used the "comic book graphics" instead of what is used to tell the story in the actual game.
The 'nordic viking red hair look' puts me off. The H-0 scene (only made it partially through the first one) is kind of a mess. I have 20/20 eyesight, but it appeared more than just junk pile....and small...it was also "warped". Sorry can't explain it better. It's unfortunate all around....I live in Napa, where this story is based, and would have loved to have had a great game with story where I live. I am so disappointed and won't even buy this for $2.99 or a free coupon/credit.

posted in Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera on Nov 21, 10 5:47 AM
Has anyone besides me notice the SE is a bigger file size than the CE?!?!?! Compare the 2 game pages.... hahahaaa....BTW I did buy the CE...great game and the SE will be too. The ending was just a slight add on in the bonus game and doesn't change the story, the ending, etc. to the SE.
Have fun!

To KC Granny, WolfenRainDancer :
Just read yours and a few other comments on page 8 and 9 and wanted to 'thank you' all for writing. I respect your honesty and concise direct to the point information and will hold off till the SE comes out. I wish I could afford to buy all the CE's, but can't and have to rely on concise, honest comments from others who have played the entire game, to decide if I will buy it or wait.
edit for spelling

Thank you for the comments so far fishies. It's nice to see different opinions in the beginning. How many more spooky mansions are there?!? Since I'm not having much luck with CE's, because the 2 CE's that I've purchased had very short bonus play times (less than a half hour) I'm kind of apprehensive to buy anymore until I hear from people who have played the bonus portion, and can give their thoughts and info about the complete game. It's starting to feel like every other game released is a CE. I'd buy them if the bonus part was included in the review. Got cold feet after the choices I made and have nothing against CE's. I just would like more info/review to include what comes after the trial portion is over. I can play the demo to figure out if I like the graphics/gameplay, etc. Thanks in advance.

hatzic wrote: I agree, this one is worth the CE price but I have to wait unitl next month b/c my punch card is full this month. BF - please offer more than one PC a month.

Huh? ....You can fill up as many Punch Cards as you want. It depends on how many games you buy or what kind you buy, just as long as it adds up to 6 "punches" per card.

If you buy another game after you filled up the first card for a free game, the new purchase will automatically start the second card. But you still have to come up with 6 punches to get another free game.

I'm on my third card already for this month. (Is English your second language?) Sounds like that might be the confusing part to you (and me). I had a difficult time understanding what you meant. Hope you were able to understand the way I described how punch cards work. Unless you meant something else. Then I'm really confused.

posted in Season Match: Curse of the Witch Crow on Nov 14, 10 7:36 AM
I like the Season Match series (own 1,2 & 3) because they're not trying to prove anything except be a pleasant pass time. Graphics are better than the first one. 'Muzak' is repetitive and can be lowered (they won't win a grammy for the soundtrack). The mini H-0s are a diversion, nothing more. I like 'fairytale' themed games in between Redemption Cemetary, Dire Grove, Redrum, etc. and bought this awhile ago. & a half
ALL M 3 games start out easy and become progressively harder. Some have over 100 levels and a longer gaming experience than most HOGs.
If you equate boring with easy than you should play at least the full hour before you decide. Some games are REALLY boring because they ARE boring. Power ups usually come later in the game. This isn't a 'loud' M 3 like Saqqarah (great game), but is enjoyable for what it is, at least to me.
BTW: Not all reviews need to be "longer than the game". LOL
edit: avatars/color

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition on Nov 12, 10 7:39 PM
I have 15 files in audio that begin with fstat. Which 10 should I rename with the line at the end? I just did all of them and then remembered someone said there were 10. Mine are numbered:
fstat11.ogg (I'll leave ogg off the others to save time typing)
fstat12
fstat13
fstat14
fstat15

fstat21
fstat22
fstat23
fstat24
fstat25

fstat31
fstat32
fstat33
fstat34
fstat35
........could anyone that knows about these things, please help? The frog sound is gone, the rest of the sounds are intact and the game runs fine. So is this just a 'weird' thing that I have 15?
Thanks for writing about how to get rid of an "annoying" sound! a virtual gift of thanks to everyone.

posted in Mystery Age: The Dark Priests on Nov 4, 10 2:37 AM
Thanks Goofy, Casual, and the rest of the gang who write the long reviews for starting off your reviews stating if it was based on the trial time or game completed. Much appreciated, thanks again

posted in Atlantis: Mysteries of Ancient Inventors on Nov 2, 10 5:53 AM
Edit// Duplicate error.

posted in Atlantis: Mysteries of Ancient Inventors on Nov 2, 10 5:44 AM
ADTech wrote:I nominate " goofyduck77 " for providing the "BEST" reviews of new games. They are professsional, detaileled and very helpfull. Goofy obvioulsly puts a lot of time and effort into them and it is greatly aappreciated. Keep up the EXECELLENT work. Where is " NONONONO " ? I also value these reviews as they are also very professional and extremely helpfull. Please excuse any typos, my eyesight is not quite as good as it used to be. Also I appreciate all the other people who put in the time and effort to write professional reviews. Happy Gaming to all.

Unfortunately all that time spent writing is based on a trial version, that is available for all of us to play to make up our own minds. What isn't available to us is what comes after the trial. Now that info would be more important to help us decide if we want to purchase the game or not. Movie reviews aren't based on trailers or previews but from someone who has watched the entire movie.
P.S. I'm not picking on Goofy Duck (there are plenty others that post mini books on trials)...it just was easy to copy/paste your reply.
My main issue is: If you are one of the first posters with the long reviews, please state at the get go whether it's after playing the demo or you completed the game. Thanks

posted in Atlantis: Mysteries of Ancient Inventors on Nov 2, 10 5:02 AM
Re: Lengthy Reviews:
I have noticed a new trend for lonnnnng reviews right after a new game is released, which equates to me as it is written by someone that has actually played the game in it's entirety only to find that most of these long "reviews" are based on the 60 minute trials. Some even say at the end they didn't even play the full hour. All of us have access to the free trial but not the purchased game. These long 'non' reviews are a waste of time to read and a disservice to the other fishies and the deveopers. There are too many unknowns after the trial is over such as glitches, storyline, etc. Comments on new games are OK.....whether it's on a demo or complete game. But a detailed review? Those should be reserved for a completed game. Please clarify at the start of your review what you're basing it on. It's starting to look like a contest between the same first few posters who are prolific writers to see who posts first. I have started to skip the first couple of pages for this reason, and read the 'real' reviews that appear later from people who have actually played the complete game.

posted in Mystery of the Earl on Oct 31, 10 10:54 PM
I completed the first chapter when trial ended and checked the blog..... This is a 6-8 hour game for me if all chapters take this long. My eyesight is excellent and I'm in my late 50's. The diamonds take a while to find and are different colors, like an earlier post mentioned. I don't know how people can finish a game in less than 2 hours, unless they are using every hint, skip and a walkthrough for the entire game.

I like the "fairytale" theme and almost didn't buy it after reading the "not impressed for various reasons" comments here. It's better to test the games yourself instead of relying on a complete review from others who have played only the demo. Comments on demos are different. We all have access to a free demo. Thorough reviews should be reserved for a game played in it's entirety.
I had to use the hint button once for 'paw' and then it turned out to be a chicken's (duck's?) webbed foot. That irritated me ....chickens/ducks do not have paws. Geez.
I decided to buy at the sale price but not 6.99 because of incorrect translations.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator