Posts created by MLC60

posted in Subliminal Realms: The Masterpiece Collector's Edition on Jul 11, 15 6:25 AM
Twenty-nine minutes were all I could stand of this game. You have a "helper", which I detest, who has to tell you what to do and when to do it. Whenever you find anything and click on it, it enlarges it on the screen, and then you have to click "Take" to get it added to your tools. I think they did this to make the game seem longer. It just made it annoying to me. These devs apparently think only children and morons play their games because you are spoon-fed everything. I give it 2 thumbs down.

Can anyone give me a hint where the sander is or what it look like by the shore? I've clicked all over where the hint button shows to no avail.

posted in Forgotten Kingdoms: The Ruby Ring Collector's Edition on Jun 20, 15 6:31 AM
This isn't a review, just my opinion. I only lasted about 10 minutes with this game. One reason was because I refuse to be insulted by a snot-nosed 18-year-old cartoon prince who thinks he knows everything. I'm tired of games that give you some kind of snarky response if you happen to use the wrong item. The developers may think it's cute, but I find it very annoying and I won't be buying their games as long as they insult my intelligence with their remarks.

posted in Mystery of Neuschwanstein on Apr 20, 15 9:49 PM
Spoiler alert:

There's a cloth lying on the ground in the grotto that you pick up just in front of the HO which you use to polish the mirror. Then you can pick it up.

posted in Mystery of Neuschwanstein on Apr 20, 15 3:50 PM
Did you use the fingerprint powder? As I recall, it's UV light, fingerprint powder, then camera, but I could be wrong.

posted in Cadenza: The Kiss of Death Collector's Edition on Apr 8, 15 8:25 PM
I just swept my mouse over the scene until I found "treasure items 0/42); then I clicked, and it took me to the first scene. Hope this helps.

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this. If it isn't, please excuse me, but when I replayed some of the HOP's to try to get the achievement for using the Luxor-type game instead, after I had completed the scene, it put me back into the main game rather than back at the Extras menu. It was most confusing, and I still didn't get my achievement.

posted in Danse Macabre: Deadly Deception Collector's Edition on Feb 28, 15 6:18 PM
I really enjoyed this game as the villain was human, not a witch, ghost, or other strange being. Also, there were no cute little helpers, and you didn't have to make any potions. It was just a good murder mystery, which gave me something enjoyable to do with my Saturday.

I bought this game without trying it so I could get it for the SE price. While I did get some enjoyment out of it, it was very frustrating that I could not access the SG for help on the mini games. What do the devs think we need a SG for?! First, they quit showing the items in the HO scenes, now they quit letting you access the SG for help on the mini games! Sorry, but if that's how you're going to play, I've purchased my last game for Elefun!

posted in Sea of Lies: Burning Coast Collector's Edition on Jan 29, 15 7:23 AM
It's in the Game Requirements, under all the pictures. It's 765 MB.

posted in Lost Lands: The Four Horsemen Collector's Edition on Jan 23, 15 2:55 PM
It burns me up that you have to have all the achievements in order to play the extra puzzles! When we pay this much for a game, we should be able to play all the parts of it we want to play and not be penalized for skipping a mini game. I'm a senior citizen, my eyesight is not as keen as it used to be, and I get frustrated with some of these mini games that are so hard to see and finish. IMHO, these devs are shooting themselves in the foot by being so hateful to people like me.

Since no one else has posted a review, I'll give it a go. This is a pleasant game on the same order as the other Twilight Phenomena games. You have to rescue your sister and various others from a mad scientist and his wife. It is more adventure game than HOP. The mini games were not earth-shatteringly hard, mostly ones we've seen in the past. One big plus is there are no cute little animal helpers. I'd rate this game 5 fishes out of 5.

My map button has quit working. When I click on it, my game freezes. If I hover over it, it says something like "wagon pieces." The hint button is a joke. It doesn't point out what to do next; it just points out if there's an action pending in the screen you're on, even if you don't have the tools to perform it. It is very frustrating!

posted in Fear for Sale: The 13 Keys Collector's Edition on Oct 24, 14 4:53 AM
She probably had to run to the ladies' room!

posted in Riddles of Fate: Memento Mori Collector's Edition on Oct 16, 14 7:58 AM
The main game was pretty good, if rather short IMHO. The bonus game, however, leaves much to be desired. There's lots of dialogue, and you have to keep clicking to get it to change. Also, you have to trace several shapes, which is okay if you have a steady hand, but it is a task if your hand trembles like mine does. I'm beginning to think our Pachyderm friends hate senior citizens!

The code still works at 5:30 a.m. in Arkansas (Central Daylight Time).

posted in Fierce Tales: Feline Sight Collector's Edition on Sep 4, 14 4:24 PM
I don't know if the same thing happened to you that happened to me, but the game kicked me out back to the Game Manager, then I had to go back in to finish it and do the bonus game. MLC60

posted in Fierce Tales: Feline Sight Collector's Edition on Sep 4, 14 5:37 AM
Well, I guess I'm slow because my demo lasted 41 minutes. Compared to some of the games we've been getting lately, I think this one looks like a good one. I'm fixing to find out, as it's downloading now! MLC60

posted in PuppetShow: Lightning Strikes Collector's Edition on Aug 21, 14 3:44 AM
I completely agree. I usually like the Puppet Show games, but this one is far below par. Save your time and money.

posted in Sable Maze: Forbidden Garden Collector's Edition on Jul 24, 14 4:18 AM
I either did a beta of this one, or I've play one exactly like it. I keep getting that feeling of de'ja vu. Maybe I'm just getting burnt out on HOP games, but I think I'll give this one a pass. I don't even care if Wisteria rescues Ryan this time.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator