Posts created by peutetre

posted in Running Sheep: Tiny Worlds on Jun 5, 12 3:01 AM
This game is similar to an older game, Sheep Quest. The controls take a while to get used to--after you place an arrow, you have to drag it to point in the direction you'd like the sheep to go. If you're not used to it, you could send a sheep down a hole

As mentioned above, your score is based on getting all the sheep home safely and collecting coins along the way. You can replay levels immediately or later although there isn't an overall "map". Rather, you have to scroll through a menu of levels to replay a specific one.

There's quite a variety of scenarios that require careful planning to complete. While it's clever, I'm still on the fence about this one.

posted in Kingdom Chronicles Collector's Edition on May 28, 12 7:40 PM
You really have to build up a lot of wood (100) and a lot of food (150) plus collecting gold and rock along the way before even building the barracks. As soon as you build the barracks and take down a barricade or two, you're frozen and can't collect anything for quite a while. The sword bonus helps a bit but you just have to have enough supplies to wipe out the enemy to get some breathing room.

I know, not a great deal of help but maybe just enough?

posted in Kingdom Chronicles Collector's Edition on May 28, 12 6:52 PM
Did you try the strategy outlined in the strategy guide? If so, what are you falling short on?

posted in Kingdom Chronicles Collector's Edition on May 28, 12 6:50 PM
The general strategy of upgrading to get as many thieves as possible as fast as possible then using speed and fast production to meet the gather 100 of whatever goals works on all levels. Once you gather the required amount (which is pretty easy when you have lots of thieves), you can build your camps and destroy everything pretty quickly.

I could barely finish the levels when I tried other tactics--no problem at all with this general plan.

posted in Kingdom Chronicles Collector's Edition on May 28, 12 5:57 PM
dexter3657 wrote:Can someone please confirm how many levels in the main game? and how many bonus levels?

Thanks,

Dex

There are 40 regular levels and 6 bonus levels.

And, no, there does not appear to be a strategy guide for the 6 bonus levels included with the game.

posted in Kingdom Chronicles Collector's Edition on May 27, 12 8:56 PM
I know this was answered in another post but, just in case--for those who come here first, the level wants 2 level 3 cottages so, yes, there are only 2 cottages.

posted in LandGrabbers on May 25, 12 5:09 PM
1 million coins is overall so you just have to play a lot. I don't know if you can check on existing numbers of coins. You get more coins by losing and then capturing a building (I believe) so you can rack up coins by playing levels a long time and toying with your enemy.

I think daring experiment is to use all of the artifacts at least once (if I remember correctly).

And, yes, for shackles, you have to lose a level. Island 6 is really easy to lose so it doesn't need to take long.

Stomping boots is like the coins--totals up over the game including replaying levels.

Good luck!!

posted in New Yankee in King Arthur's Court on May 25, 12 4:16 PM
It happened to me as well. I activated the freezing spell one more time and he started working again.

posted in New Yankee in King Arthur's Court on May 25, 12 4:15 PM
Do you get the offer to sell wood for gold? It pops up once you get close to tapping out the gold supply. By harvesting lots of wood, you sell it for quite a bit of gold, more than enough to beat the level.

posted in Legends of Atlantis: Exodus on May 15, 12 3:53 PM
Glad to have helped, katlady!

posted in Legends of Atlantis: Exodus on May 14, 12 2:42 AM
Did you "fix" each of the robots? They block the citizens from getting to the portal but you can still build everything with them hanging around. Just a guess.

posted in Legends of Atlantis: Exodus on May 13, 12 4:11 PM
For 3-9, gather what you can by the lodge then make your way over to the left, gathering everything and building the well. Make your way over to the right and build the sawmill. Your scarcest resource here is crystals so be sure to gather them whenever they are generated.

You need to build the workshop first--ignore the watchtower until the very end.
Collect the rock and crystal in the middle while you get enough resources to build the workshop (and upgrade your lodge for more workers), then get to the bottom island. MOST IMPORTANT--upgrade the storehouse completely before you gather the crystals on that bottom island. The extra crystals you get with the storehouse will save you a ton of time later.

Once you've got the quarry and storehouse, just gather stuff and get rid of the last robot, build the bridges and tower, finish the road and get rid of the robbers. You should finish with plenty of time.

posted in Legends of Atlantis: Exodus on May 13, 12 3:51 PM
One is in upper right by building with crystal generator

One is in the upper middle in the valley that you have to build a bridge over

Two are in the lower and middle left: one left of the sawmill and the last on the little ledge near the workshop.

posted in Legends of Atlantis: Exodus on May 13, 12 2:28 PM
If you click on the gold cup in the upper right corner of the screen, it will give you a graphic of all the achievements you need to get to open bonus #1. In some cases you'll have to go back and play a couple of levels to get them. For example, there are achievements for fully upgrading the lodge in the first minute (or so) of a game, one for building/upgrading 3 buildings at once and one for having all production buildings at 3 stars in a level. You can get expert without doing those things on a level so you wouldn't necessarily get those achievements while playing through the game.

The level called Boats (and other levels just called Temple of Whatevers) are the marble dropping/hidden object levels and, yes, you have to have expert on those to open up the last bonus level.

Hope that answered your questions!

posted in Monument Builders: Titanic on Mar 30, 12 6:29 PM
One of the goals is listed as "construct any level 3 building". You will find, though, that they meant "construct EVERY level 3 building". Since I got caught short as a result (although still got gold) I couldn't check whether you had to keep all 5 built or whether you could destroy one and have it count just because you built it.

Hope this helps someone!!

posted in Monument Builders: Titanic on Mar 30, 12 6:26 PM
When I finished the last level, I just got a blank screen (with the border from the game). Is that it? Is this a glitch or is it just not a very finished effort?

posted in Monument Builders: Titanic on Mar 30, 12 4:13 PM
This level just made me go "ughhhh". Seemed to be more work than it's worth so I stopped for now. I'm sure I'll pick it up again but I'll definitely need to be in the mood.

posted in The Scruffs: Return of the Duke on Mar 3, 12 4:27 AM
This game is unplayable on wide screen monitors with resolution slightly lower than the developer's parameters.

Quite a bit of the scene is cropped off so I couldn't even get through the first two tasks without eventually toggling off "full screen".

Uninstalled because of this.

posted in The Scruffs: Return of the Duke on Mar 3, 12 4:24 AM
Without the widescreen option, the edges are cropped and the game is impossible to play. Annoying, to say the least . . . . Uninstall.

posted in All My Gods on Feb 29, 12 3:10 PM
The temple can only be built by the volcano. (Unless you're talking about the special temple at the end . . . that can only go near the hanging gardens--so as not to spoil anything).

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator