Posts created by Soobiedoo

When I install a game from BF, I always, always, always have this warning pop up asking for permission to make changes to my hard drive. When I attempted to install the trial of this game, my computer gives me no pop-up box, but states that installation failed due to an 'untimely' delay in giving permission for changes to my hard drive. I've never had this happen before. Any suggestions, anyone? And no, it didn't pop onto my taskbar. I triple-checked, in case it was hiding.

posted in Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection on Dec 7, 11 8:18 AM
Well, BFG, looks like this one is glitchy. I've had the same thing occur in the boiler room as many other players: finish the tool chest puzzle, then the game locks up, have to CAD to get out. Then, upon reopening the game, it starts all over again! This is just frustrating.

posted in Youda Mystery: The Stanwick Legacy on Nov 16, 11 7:16 AM
Can you share, please? I've been looking all around for an appropriate item to reach the plunger with no luck. I am stuck!

posted in Secrets of the Past: Mother's Diary on Oct 24, 11 10:11 AM
POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!

I agree with many of the reviews here, including the slow change from scene to scene. The HOS are very junky, and that's irritating. The items lists are not specific, and a shovel is NOT a dustpan! My big beef? The ending! What a cop-out on the part of the devs. It should have been fleshed out, not have the gamer just dumped mid-storyline. Terribly disappointing.

posted in Secrets of the Past: Mother's Diary on Oct 24, 11 10:01 AM
Spoiler Alert!

You get the tree symbol by completing the belt buckle match game in the upstairs room on the right. I think it's on the desk on the back wall towards the left. Sorry to not be more specific; that's all I remember.

posted in Secrets of the Past: Mother's Diary on Oct 24, 11 9:56 AM
Hi. When you leave the cottage and head across the bridge, there is an opportunity to head left, down near the riverbank. It is not particularly obvious so mouse around. Use the branch to reach the waterlily. There is a goodie for you inside it.

The sink is on the back wall towards the left, beyond the chair. Just throw the blanket in the sink.

And you open the box with the skull lock using a ring with a skull on it, which is found in (hmm, let me think) the well, I believe. Could be wrong, though, so don't take the location for gospel. Good luck.

posted in Silent Evil: Kate's Rescue on Jul 7, 11 8:14 AM
Maybe I am really hard to please, but I didn't enjoy this one at all. Very poor translation. Very little storyline coherence from scene to scene, as your character just seems to flit from location to disconnected location. The written parts look like they were done by a six-year-old. The **** scenes are dark and, well, just plain ugly. However, I ducked out after only 30 minutes of the trial version, so maybe it gets better. For me, I think this one is a big disappointment.

posted in Nightmare Realm Collector's Edition on Jul 2, 11 7:34 AM
I am stuck on the eyes, too. No technical issues with this game up to this point, but the previous stuff was mostly in the trial version. Have you found a solution? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but that had no effect.

posted in The Fool on Apr 1, 11 9:44 AM
I checked out the trial on this game, and was having a blast playing. My trial ran out just after I had retrieved the moon battery in the HOG in Mortenland, which I had installed into the gate mechanism, which in turn triggers a mini-game. So, after purchasing and installing the full version, I am missing the battery, the HOG won't come up, and I'm stuck. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but that didn't help. Do I start again?

posted in Behind the Reflection on Feb 6, 11 11:01 AM
Sorry, Big Fish Games, but there is nothing fixed about this game! I have installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled three times, and each time my trial period reduces and the game still freezes. The most recent freeze brought up the following message: "Debug Assertion Failed! Line 47. Expression (stream! = NULL) For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C + + documentation on asserts." Obviously, I need to be a computer programmer to figure this one out! Since I am NOT, this game will be hitting the trash can yet again and not being reloaded.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator