Posts created by Jorie10

posted in Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven on Jan 27, 17 6:25 AM
To Takara_Soong

There is a tip for this in the CE forum:

Re Scroll Pieces!!!!

[Post New]by mewild58 on Jan 11, 17 9:40 AM
You have to click on the left page in the diary and then you'll be able to pick up the runes (for the scroll).

I haven't played the game yet, so this is the only help I can lend. Hope it helps.

posted in Vermillion Watch: Fleshbound Collector's Edition on Jan 17, 17 6:00 AM
Thanks, burf90!

I'm hoping that someone can explain making the explosive when in the dragon's cave. I ended up following the numbered steps in the strategy guide but that made no sense to me.

I crushed each of the ingredients without issue.

Every time I tried to weigh scoops of each ingredient, I was told I lost and could start this step again. But, same results every time I tried to use the scales. I could put weights (and the walnut) on the left-hand scale, but the right-hand scale did not move when I put an ingredient on it.

The numbered steps in the SG only involve crushing the ingredients and then filling the horn. The SG made no mention of using the scales.

Thanks to anyone who responds!

Jorie

posted in Vermillion Watch: Fleshbound Collector's Edition on Jan 5, 17 9:57 AM
I could not get the gauge to go up much at all. I finally gave up (and saved my mouse the abuse) and skipped this.

posted in Vermillion Watch: Fleshbound Collector's Edition on Jan 5, 17 9:55 AM
If you are talking about the big round door with rings, I could not find clues in the room to solve it. Even after looking at the Strategy Guide, I did not see why the rings had to be set as shown in the SG. I finally gave up and just set them per the SG.

Would really like someone who figured it out to explain!

posted in Vermillion Watch: Fleshbound Collector's Edition on Jan 5, 17 9:50 AM
As you create a face, notice the light on the wall. Each face causes a section of the wall to light up. Later in the bonus, you will acquire the necessary item for each wall section.

Thanks, sunshinej!

posted in Vermillion Watch: Fleshbound Collector's Edition on Jan 4, 17 8:47 AM
Success....with a caveat

I followed what bfgllinalta suggests for Game not Saving for PC. My logon ID did not have full control access for the game when I checked it. I granted full control and then started up the game. I created a new profile with the exact same name I'd had previously. The game started where I had left off yesterday!

I then ran a test: I played the game a bit and then quit it. Upon accessing the game again, I am at the correct place in the game. Whew!

I do wonder, though, why this game required this security level where others I checked do not.

Remaining issue:
The only thing missing now are the lightning bolts. They are not appearing in the scenes. (Two scenes checked. No bolts in the areas indicated in the SG.) I can live with that if I am able to finish the game. I restarted the game again just to see if that would make a difference, but still no bolts.

Edited to add that Morphs in HOPs are not available either. I am wondering if I'll have access to the Bonus Chapter once I finish the main game. Right now, the game is acting as an SE rather than a CE.

Thanks to bfgllinalta for the help. Much appreciated!

ETA: Bonus Chapter was available to me and collectibles in the Bonus Chapter could be collected. For the Bonus Chapter, I could exit/re-enter the game and no progress was lost.

ETA: Finished Bonus Chapter without issue. EXTRAS: Could not collect missed bolts or souvenirs. Each just displayed "Loading...0%". Had to Control-Alt-Delete to exit.

posted in Vermillion Watch: Fleshbound Collector's Edition on Jan 3, 17 11:24 AM
Please see update below

Same issue as Batgirl10_7 and and Switters. I had just made it to the Chapter 4 - Bridgetown section of the game. Decided to stop for a while. As I was quitting the game, it only had Player as the profile. My test profile and the profile I use when I play the game after purchase were both gone. Restarted the game, but that made no difference. All my progress is gone. Not happy at all. I really dislike replaying a game. I also do not want to have to play a game in one sitting.

Was playing with Custom setting.

Windows 10 64-bit, but that doesn't matter. The game has a glitch, not my system.

posted in Sable Maze: Sinister Knowledge Collector's Edition on Sep 25, 16 2:09 PM
Yes, same issue seen. Map not working in the Bonus Chapter. Very odd...

posted in Shadowplay: Darkness Incarnate Collector's Edition on Aug 20, 16 7:11 AM
Hi, annebil,
Make sure the Game Manager is still set to download your games to the location you want. You may not have access to the location defined or the location is out of space. Every once in a while, the Game Manager switches my download to a disk on which I don't have a lot of space (small SSD C drive).

To check download location:
In Game Manager, click Options. Then select the Downloads tab. Check 'Game Installation Location' at the bottom of the tab.

Wow! To write the above, I checked my setting. I find that my download location was changed again! It reset to point to my C drive again. Not cool, BFG!!!

Now, I have to go check to see which games were installed to the wrong location, uninstall them, and reinstall them to the correct location.

Not sure this is the cause of your issue, annebil, but it's something to check.

- Jorie10

posted in Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret on Jul 30, 16 5:29 AM
I don't understand why BFG would have this game as a Daily Deal when there are so many tech issues that were never addressed.

I have it noted to 'Buy as a DD if bugs ever fixed'. Guess I won't be buying it.

I have a number of games that I just cannot finish due to bugs. Bugs reported by many people so it rules out my computer as being the issue.

I really wish bugs in games would be fixed more often like they used to be. Now, it's rare to see a game's issues addressed. Getting a free game coupon is not the same as being able to finish a game I was enjoying and had to just abandon. I hate leaving a game unfinished.

posted in Spirit of Revenge: Florry's Well on Jul 24, 16 4:36 AM
I don't see that the glitches in the CE have been fixed.

Not sure if worth risking money or a PCC on a game that the Devs haven't fixed.

posted in Midnight Calling: Jeronimo Collector's Edition on Jun 27, 16 4:52 AM
In the bonus game, I was playing the hidden object scene in the cabinet in the witch's house and the hint just stopped working. Frustrating! Shutting down the game and then going back in got the hint working again for me.

posted in Midnight Calling: Jeronimo Collector's Edition on Jun 26, 16 12:31 PM
Thank you for posting this tip, Leapfrog0202! Much appreciated!

posted in Riddles of the Past on Jun 20, 16 6:58 AM
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post, PaulaSan. I love how there is always a helpful person in the Big Fish forums!

I decided to just buy the game and get two punches to finish off my punchcard for the month. Will save my July PCCs for use in July.

Jorie

posted in Riddles of the Past on Jun 20, 16 5:55 AM
Tested the game and want to use a PCC to get it. But, it seems I cannot use a PCC on a Daily Deal. Is that the case? I was hoping to use a PCC and get the bonus punch.

My PCC doesn't expire until July, so I know that the PCC is still good. I've entered the code a couple of times to make sure I didn't have a typo.

I have a number of PCCs and not too many choices for Hidden Object games since I own a lot of the games already.

Can one not use a PCC on a Daily Deal?

I guess I'll just wait to get this game on another Bonus Punch day.

posted in Riddles of the Past on Jun 20, 16 5:25 AM
Thanks for this new review, yowzasma! Very helpful since this game is today's Daily Deal (June 20, 2016).

I'm going to give the game a try.

posted in Surface: Lost Tales Collector's Edition on Jun 19, 16 9:12 AM
I only had time to play a bit of the Bonus Chapter when I started it. Found that when I went back to complete the chapter, I had to re-do some of the steps.

Not a big deal, but thought I'd mention it.

posted in Surface: Lost Tales Collector's Edition on Jun 19, 16 9:09 AM
I finished the game and am wondering about the purpose of collecting the flowers.... Clicking the flower slider does take one to the Achievements screen, but is that all the flowers are for?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator