Posts created by Catnipper

posted in Treasure Hunters on Mar 13, 11 12:21 AM
Oh, I turned into a Jellyfish. Last time I looked I was a Sea Anemone. I'm having an identity crisis. I'm downloading the game now.

posted in Treasure Hunters on Mar 13, 11 12:18 AM
LOL! At first I thought he looked like the guy in The Mummy. But now that you mention it, he DOES look like Charlie Sheen.

posted in The Serpent of Isis ™ on Mar 1, 11 12:02 AM
I resent that I get a "click" penalty of one hint without any warning. Especially since:

1. Some objects are so illegible/unintelligible/obscure that even when I get a hint, I still can't find it and don't recognize it when I DO "find" it.

2. I often have to click several times on an object to "find" it.

End of rant! I just had a bad time in Vienna.

posted in The Serpent of Isis ™ on Feb 28, 11 10:23 PM
I so agree with you. I find vague titles very annoying. "HELP" and "stuck" aren't very helpful either. "Help" with what? "Stuck" where?

posted in The Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues on Feb 27, 11 7:17 AM
I used Google to find a walkthrough at another game site; lo and behold, I came up with the Big Fish Walkthrough.

posted in Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel on Feb 16, 11 9:25 PM
I was enjoying this beautiful and interesting game, rejoicing that I could figure it out without using a walkthrough when I arrived at the gate in England. I found the note part and half shears, but when I click on the spots where the four missing bell parts are allegedly located, nothing happens.

I rebooted my computer and tried again, but there is just no response where I should be clicking on bell parts. If I have to uninstall and reinstall, how will I even know if that would work? Besides, I just started this game last night and I don't want to have to go through the same actions all over again.

Unless someone can help, it will be a long time before I try this one again, as much as I was enjoying it. I'll play another game rather than repeat the same actions so soon after I started.

Thanks for any help.

Oops! I posted this in the Collectors Edition forum when my game is actually the standard edition. I don't know how to move it, so I'll repost in the other forum.

I was enjoying this beautiful and interesting game, rejoicing that I could figure it out without using a walkthrough when I arrived at the gate in England. I found the note part and half shears, but when I click on the spots where the four missing bell parts are allegedly located, nothing happens.

I rebooted my computer and tried again, but there is just no response where I should be clicking on bell parts. If I have to uninstall and reinstall, how will I even know if that would work? Besides, I just started this game last night and I don't want to have to go through the same actions all over again.

Unless someone can help, it will be a long time before I try this one again, as much as I was enjoying it. I'll play another game rather than repeat the same actions so soon after I started.

Thanks for any help.

posted in 1 Penguin 100 Cases on Feb 9, 11 5:08 AM
I finally found the last piece of bread in the lower, right-hand corner on the crate next to the claw hammer--near the game buttons (hint, menu, goal). Have you found that one yet? After that the mouse let me have the last mousetrap.

posted in Destination: Treasure Island on Jan 28, 11 6:21 PM
Wow!!! Thank you so much. I forgot about the cannon and the tools there. I should have figured that out. I was ready to play one of my other games when I thought I'd check for replies. Now I'm going to finish Treasure Island. A thousand thanks.

posted in Destination: Treasure Island on Jan 27, 11 6:42 PM
At the fort I was supposed to put gunpowder in the tobacco pouch to catch the two drunken pirates. Unfortunately, I disassembled the powder horn and the gunpowder disappeared. Now I have nothing with which to booby trap the tobacco pouch.

Worse still, I'd played a long session, so my last saved game is way, way back and I DON'T want to repeat all that. If I have to, I'll probably play another game and come back to this in a year or so.

Please help if you can. This is so disappointing. I thought I'd finally get to the finish. Thank you.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator