Posts created by nelliebj

posted in Undiscovered on Jan 30, 14 6:32 PM
I played the demo and thought it was great. Good graphics, pretty standard M3 with some HOG thrown in. Finding the "parts" wasn't always easy but it can be done. Then I got to the level with the vines. And then I completely went off the game. Unfortunately, I had already bought it but since it was fairly cheap, I'm keeping it. But those vines are the most frustrating annoying part of the game. The big bugs were ok...easy to get rid of but the vines....even if you think you have been quick enough, they come back just as quickly.

All in all, this will probably remain unplayed. Very disappointed.

posted in Christmas Wonderland 4 on Dec 13, 13 1:31 PM
I like all the Christmas Wonderland games. If you are looking for something easy, look away. The items are not easy to find. There are other items you have to look for as well - the Nativity Scene items are really small. And they don't tell you in each scene how many you have to find. You find that out afterwards when you miss some. There are also "gifts" which are in silhouette that you have to locate. In between, there are mini-puzzles which are good. Except for the "paint by number" Christmas tree - I was left with one crayon and no more numbers on the tree. I skipped it in the end - it was somewhere near the top but, no number. Oh well.

All in all, it's a fun game and a definite buy for me. By the time I finish this one, I'll be able to go back to the first three (I'll have forgotten them by then, lol).

posted in Jewel Quest Mysteries: The Oracle of Ur on Jun 16, 13 10:10 AM
I'm in the room with the sand clocks. I can't do anything. The trouble is, I have already done this room once and it worked just fine. I moved on. Then I had to exit the game and when I got back to the game, it took me back to a scene I had already cleared and then to the sun room again. Now I can't clear it at all. I have tried and tried to put sand into the clocks (I have two bags in my inventory) but it says you can't do it while the sun is in rotation but .... I need to load the sand to rotate the sun clock!!! It's a huge catch 22 and I resent having to do the same scenes again just because I exit for a while. I'm going to try to reload it and see what happens.

posted in Big City Adventure: Tokyo on Jun 12, 13 5:20 PM
Love it!! I have all of this series and have enjoyed every single one. No, the objects are not that easy to find but you have a "relaxed" setting so it if takes you a little time, no worries. I have had to use a few hints but I just find that they are very cleverly disguised and that just makes it more interesting.

This is a very long game which I like. Lots of hints and the opportunity to look for more in each tableau. The gears....I've only found 2 so far but I guess they'll show up at some point.

posted in Jewel Quest Mysteries: The Oracle of Ur on Jun 1, 13 3:32 PM
I got stuck on one of the jewel boards. Had to skip it in the end because I couldn't figure it out and there were NO instructions. You are supposed to put the flame into a bowl at the bottom of the board. It goes down to the bottom, stops and then that's it. I may as well just let the time run out because there is nowhere I can find out what I am supposed to be doing. I may be a little dense but I play a lot of M3's and this one just doesn't make sense. Any help out there?

posted in Jewel Quest Mysteries: The Oracle of Ur on May 29, 13 3:58 PM
I have seen this game panned by a lot of contributors but I'm with the couple that I read that said: Yay!

I LOVED this game. I played the trial period and immediately bought it. I don't care that the jewel board part is timed...I hate timed games but you can "buy" extra time with your jewels and coins and it's really not that difficult.

Some of the items in the HOG scenes are difficult to find but that part is not timed so take your time, look around and you will find them. I have had to use a few hints but they are back by the next scene so no worries!

I have all the Jewel Quest games. I only regretted buying one of them but since this shows that the necessary changes have been made, I'm with the developers...it's great.

Thanks! I give this a big thumbs up.

posted in The Path of Hercules on May 16, 13 2:35 PM
I think this game will be long enough. Looks like I have a long way to go yet. I first demoed this game from the developer and then waited until Big Fish had it. I just like keeping all my games in one place. And Big Fish does well with special prices.

The game is pretty much a straight M3 with FROG in between. Plus putting your items back into the correct spot when you have collected them. There are 12 games to every level so it will be long enough.

Timed or Untimed! Yay I really don't like timed games and this one give you the option.

Very relaxing, objects tiny but I could see them even with my bad eyesight. Just takes a little longer but with no timer, isn't that just fun?

Bought it immediately that Big Fish offered it which was only about 2 weeks after the developer first announced it.

posted in Easter Eggztravaganza on Mar 26, 13 1:55 PM
I bought this after playing the trial for about 10 minutes. I love the clear, bright scenes . It looks like a kids' game at first but some of the objects were hard to find. That and, it asks to find say, a plane, but there are three of them in the scene but only one is correct. That was awkward and my grandkids didn't understand that at all. Other objects were covered by another object but became clear when you found the first one. All in all, I thought it was great.

It's not very long....but it took me a few days to complete. I'm going to play it again because most of the scenes had lots of objects with only a dozen being asked for at any time. Hopefully, the second time around, the objects will be different.

I recommend the game. Esp. for those of us with more tired eyes.

posted in Barn Yarn on Mar 6, 13 1:30 PM
Wonderful game! I love this whole series. I must admit, I bought the game from the developer some time ago because I can't wait to play them. (Also got the new Gardenscapes II). The characters are so loveable. The hidden objects easy to find though lots of different kinds of hints are available. The thermometer helps with a "hot/cold" hint, the camera shows where all the items are but look carefully, it's only up for about 5 seconds. And of course, the regular hints which are refillable at every level. Timed or Relaxed - both work really well. You can't go wrong with this especially if you're new at Hidden Object games. This is a really good start. And, if you get this one first, go back and look at Gardenscapes and Mansion Makeover. Farmscapes is different in that it is an M-3 game. Really recommend this game.

posted in Dream Vacation Solitaire on Mar 1, 13 1:12 PM
Oops. Figured it out. Where it says click (here), don't...you have to click on your name and it takes you to a box where you can change the player. Maybe it should just say "click on your name" to change player. Duh.

posted in Dream Vacation Solitaire on Mar 1, 13 9:16 AM
I can't seem to change my "player". It says click here to change player but it doesn't work. I have to keep replaying in one name only. That sucks.

posted in Puzzler World 2013 on Jan 22, 13 1:33 PM
No buy. There are no instructions and I couldn't even put in my name. Tried to play the first game but couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be doing. Forget that noise...I'm not interested in games I can't play.

posted in Mahjong Royal Towers on Jan 21, 13 2:02 PM
Timed? Not for me! I love Mahjong games (amongst others) but if it is timed and you have to clear a certain number of tiles in order to win the level.....no way. There are much nicer, easier and more relaxing Mahjong games out there that I would rather buy. So, even after a half-hour of trying, forget it. NO BUY for me.

posted in Arctic Quest 2 on Nov 11, 12 5:24 PM
I can't even get beyond the Tutorial level. I'm not sure what I was supposed to do but nothing happened in any case. Just deleted it.

posted in Bejeweled 3 on Nov 7, 12 11:58 AM
In a word: boring. Same ol', same ol'. A few new graphics, some different game modes but still boring. I love M3 games, generally, but need something a little different from the Bejeweled games.

posted in Peggle Nights on Oct 1, 12 6:12 PM
I did the help page thing, checked my Adobe Flash and Shockwave. All was well and all the latest versions installed. I have Windows 7 on a fairly new (1 yr. old) laptop. I have this game installed but it won't run. It goes all wierd and shaky, I get double vision and that's only if it runs at all. I don't understand why. I have this game loaded on another computer, same type, about 6 months old, Windows 7, and it works just fine.

Any suggestions?

posted in Peggle Nights on Sep 29, 12 4:49 PM
Well now, isn't this just about the most fun game I've played for a while!! I bought it after about 20 minutes. I'm quite a way through it and it has never been boring. Just a hoot watching that ball hit all the posts along the way. Don't much care about scoring, just completing each level. This is a cross between marble popper and pinball machine. It does take some skill and planning but it doesn't always work out which makes it very interesting. And you replay the level if you don't get them all. Pretty addictive. I'm sure my grandkids will love this too. Can't wait for them to try it. A definite must have game.

posted in Spyde Solitaire on Aug 6, 12 1:20 PM
Played about 35 minutes and got bored. It's pretty much just different versions of Spider Solitaire, from one suit to four suits with some powerups. A few differences from standard Spider but still .... same old, same old. Not a buy for me even as a DD.

posted in Summer SuperSports on Aug 5, 12 1:43 PM
Not sure why so many people panned this game. I thought it was ok. It's not for me but my grandkids liked it. A lot of the scenes reminded me of the Big City Adventure games but more cluttered. The objects were easy to find. The hints refill quickly. The characters could have been more attractive and yes, it does look a little like it was a quickly produced game but I kind of like it. I'm not buying because I already have so many HOGs that it's time to go back and revisit some of the older ones.

posted in Royal Challenge Solitaire on Aug 2, 12 5:30 PM
Ran into another problem: I can't turn off the sound and music. It turns off for one game and then starts again. I don't really want to go into options at the beginning of every round to turn off the music and sound. I just turn off the sound on my computer but that means I miss my Skype calls too. Hmmmm

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator