Posts created by Fifiluna614

posted in Demon Hunter 3: Revelation on Sep 28, 16 10:44 PM
I enjoy hidden object scenes, but there are too freaking many of them in this game. Every time you move into a different area, there's another one. That many HOS"s slows down the gameplay and makes me lose track of what I'm even trying to accomplish. If the game is as long as some people have indicated, I may be working on it for the next month!

posted in Chimeras: Cursed and Forgotten on Sep 21, 16 2:06 PM
Meh. I found myself getting bored and just playing to finish. Too much meaningless running around that doesn't advance the story one whit. And the story made zero sense to me. I have to go back in time to save the girl from the evil man who wants to take over, but that doesn't work so - what? Am I back in regular time? Still in the past?
Who knows and who cares!

The graphics are pretty and the map is useful, but those aspects don't save this game from mediocrity.

posted in Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle on Sep 9, 16 11:32 PM
I'm about a third of the way through the game and I am beginning to wish I hadn't purchased it. Not because of the gameplay - that's fine - but because the story line seems to be about evil personified. And evil perpetrated against a child, no less!

If you are affected by stories of meanness and cruelty, as am I, then you may want to give this game a pass. Wish I had.

posted in Mystery of the Ancients: Mud Water Creek on Sep 4, 16 1:45 PM
I really liked it. The visuals were great, the music was appropriately spooky and the story was interesting. You do have to run back and forth quite a bit to complete simple tasks, but the jump map makes that quick and easy.

They varied the hidden object scenes between straight search and find and finding an object to interact with the next, which I appreciated. I found the mini games to be easy and fun. I didn't much care for the connecting icons in a chain puzzles you had to do when you fought an evil ghost - tedious and predictable when a game uses the same device over and over.

It isn't over-long - in fact, it seemed just the right length to me. All in all a great little game, and one I may actually re-play at a later time.

posted in Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland on Sep 3, 16 2:52 PM
I thought the game was lovely to look at and the "broken fairytale" theme was ok. However, the gameplay was extremely tedious - so much so I couldn't finish the demo. All of these hidden object games require you to find objects and use them to open or fix something, but in this game you are searching back and forth for little bits and bobs that seem totally meaningless. Boring. And if I had to hear Alice (me) scream, "Wait, comeback here!" one more time in that strident voice of hers, I swear I would have jumped through my computer screen and strangled her.

From my experience playing most of the demo, I do not recommend it.

posted in Living Legends: Bound by Wishes on Aug 23, 16 3:59 PM
This is a good game, and I enjoyed it a lot. It has an interactive map which is very helpful and the hint system works well. The hidden object scenes are varied and the mini games aren't too difficult.

Although you're trying to save someone as usual, the story itself is unusual and I was intrigued with the premise. It borrows elements from a well-known fairy tale but puts its own unique spin on it. From evil blue roses to a box that drinks blood, you'll see things you've never seen before. I was surprised at the end, and that almost never happens.

I played the game over several days, so the length was just right for me. I recommend it for beginners and intermediate players like me, but expert players may not find it difficult enough.

posted in Surface: Lost Tales on Aug 18, 16 3:09 PM
It's a nice "repair the fairytales" story, but we've seen it all before many times - where is the originality of the previous Surface games? I was very disappointed. The game play is okay and they do vary the types of hidden object scenes. I could have used better instructions on some of the puzzles because I just couldn't get them to work.

All in all I thought this game was just so-so. A bit short, too.

posted in Midnight Calling: Jeronimo on Aug 15, 16 9:44 PM
Great game with an imaginative story line. There are more puzzles than hidden object scenes with varying degrees of difficulty. The hidden object scenes are straight-forward with no extra tasks to perform. There is an interactive jump map which is very useful. You do acquire a couple of little helpmates along the way which are terminally cute.

While the game does have a satisfactory ending, I found it to be very short.

posted in Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise on Jun 23, 16 3:03 PM
I like the game except for one thing: in the interactive HOPs the "hint" button only highlights an object that needs to be used, but not what it needs to be used on! For those of us who have trouble discerning even the most common objects in these hand-painted scenes, this can be very frustrating. One time I had a saw and it took me 10 minutes to finally spot the planks barely sticking out in the back of the scene that I needed to use it on. Aiyeee! If this continues in the rest of the game, I may never finish it.

posted in Sea of Lies: Leviathan Reef on Jun 5, 16 10:07 AM
All I've done so far is played the demo (which everyone should do before buying) but I had to make a comment right away. I have all the previous Sea of Lies games, and so far this one seems far superior to the rest. The story moves along quickly, which kept me entertained, and the game play is logical and straightforward.

It takes a while before you get the map, but once you do it's very helpful. The mini puzzles I've played weren't difficult, and the instructions were clear. The hidden object scenes are clever and usually have more than one part. There is an alternate match 3 option if you don't want to play the HOP.

I like the pirate theme and the cast of characters so much that I can't wait to see what happens next. A definite buy for me!

posted in Haunted Hotel: The Axiom Butcher on Jun 2, 16 8:53 AM
You have to go to the car to retrieve your badge.

posted in Reflections of Life: Dark Architect on Apr 23, 16 10:16 AM
So many gizmos, gadgets and doodads! So many places to put them! This is a fun game with lots to do, but a map sure would have been useful. At least the hint button works well....I would be lost without it. The theme of resurrecting a lost love has been used many times before, but the gameplay always matters more to me than the story line, and the gameplay here is addicting - once I get started it's difficult to find a place to stop.

posted in Fear for Sale: The House on Black River on Apr 20, 16 2:23 PM
I love the "Fear for Sale" games. I have all the ones in the series and in my opinion this is one of the best. Color, sound and animation are all great, as well as the voice-overs. The words don't sync with the characters' lips because they were obviously programmed in another language, but that didn't bother me. The gameplay is smooth and always makes sense. Once you find an object, you don't have to carry it around very far before you can use it - a great feature.

I love the interactive map, and with all the areas involved you really need it. The hidden object games are in various styles but you always have the option of playing an alternative game - a jigsaw puzzle which is my personal favorite. There's a lot of hip-hopping back and forth between scenes, especially toward the end of the game, but the map makes that relatively painless.

I definitely recommend this game!

posted in Hidden Expedition: The Fountain of Youth on Apr 17, 16 9:32 PM
Look at the walkthrough and see that the correct points are highlighted.

1. Go 5 buttons clockwise (farthest highlighted point to the left.)
2. Go 3 buttons counter-clockwise.
3. Go 7 buttons clockwise from the last button. If the safe were a clock face, this would be at 1 o'clock.

posted in Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart on Apr 12, 16 9:08 AM
I really liked this game. The graphics are beautiful. Even tho all the action takes place inside one house, there are many rooms, and each one is full of imaginative scenes and tasks to perform. The map is interactive and very helpful and so is the hint button.

I used "custom" mode and set the hint to recharge quickly, so I zipped along at a fast pace. Even so, I found the game to be very long. You learn as you go along what happened in the past and exactly what is going on now. I thought the story line was interesting (if not completely original) and the ending quite satisfying.

I recommend this game!

posted in Endless Fables: The Minotaur's Curse on Apr 10, 16 4:00 PM
The picture continually dragged and so did the cursor during my trial. I really, really like the game, but this problem will prevent me from purchasing it. My operating system is Windows 7.

posted in Chimeras: The Signs of Prophecy on Mar 7, 16 10:35 AM
I was disappointed in this game. It seemed very short to me and there were huge holes in the plot. The mini games varied between too easy and tedious. The music (which I usually enjoy) swelled to unnecessary cresdendos over and over which was distracting and irritating.

On the plus side, the graphics are beautiful and the jump map is very helpful. However, that's not enough to redeem this game from the ranks of the mediocre.

posted in Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm on Feb 25, 16 10:39 AM
I really enjoyed this game. It was exciting and imaginative, and it was hard to get myself to stop playing. The graphics are excellent and so are the voice-overs. I really appreciated the clear explanations for the mini games because some developers fall down in this area miserably.

This is an eerie, supernatural story, and the music fits it beautifully. I was sometimes tempted to stop, look at a scene and just listen to the music!

The game has an inter-active jump map, and the hint button is very helpful. This made for smooth and enjoyable game play. I highly recommend this game!

posted in Immortal Love: Letter From The Past on Jan 31, 16 3:08 PM
I am about halfway thru the game and I'm loving it. The story is compelling and the gameplay is fun and flows well. The interactive map is REALLY a big help because there are a lot of areas and you carry quite a few items in your inventory.

The only problem I have encountered so far is the inadequate instructions for many of the puzzles. One time the instructions were totally wrong, telling me to switch pieces to complete a puzzle when I was actually supposed to rotate them. However, most of the puzzles have been easy enough to figure out without help.

The artwork is nice and the music is pleasant, changing from scene to scene (which I appreciate.) I'm hoping the last half of the game is as enjoyable as the first because I'm really having fun and hate to see it end.

posted in Phantasmat: Behind the Mask on Jan 21, 16 2:39 PM
This is the best game in the series. Phantasmat has always aimed for creepy and this time they nailed it. I felt like I was actually walking through the lair of a family of serial killers, and I couldn't play for very long at a stretch before my "ick meter" was full - I LOVED IT!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator