Posts created by CynthiaV

posted in Wispa Forest on Sep 16, 10 5:47 PM
I'm enjoying the beautiful little game too but then I have always been a bit of the, "swim against the tide" type of fishie.

It certainly is not the run of the mill HOG or M3 game and that is what I love about it -- it truly is challenging to find the cleverly hidden objects -- some in plain sight -- it's a buy for me -- enjoy all you other swim against the tide fishies!

posted in Wispa Forest on Sep 16, 10 5:44 PM
Add me to the small crowd that is enjoying this game -- the artwork is very different but the blend of colors and the rendering of objects if very pleasing to my eye -- the object aren't the usual style that always looked a little bit artificial and, "cut and paste" to me. The difficulty is that they blend so well into the background and because they are more pen and ink style rather than colorized realistic pictures. But all and all I'm really enjoying the challenge -- obviously, it is not for everyone but I say give it a try even if it's just to check out what all the talk is about and check out the artwork.

Happy gaming....

posted in Chime Spirits on Aug 16, 10 10:45 PM
I tried to like this game -- as others have mentioned, the music is very soothing and the graphics are clear but the game just didn't go anywhere. I only played for about 20 minutes but in that time it just seemed that you just clicked boxes to slide them over to make matches -- I could never figure out what made, "harmony" to end the level so whatever chance of strategy there might be was totally lost on me. Also, the gold boxes and black sworls didn't really make the game any more challenging or interesting. Perhaps the game does become more interesting and challenging as time goes on but I didn't last to find out...

I'll put it on my DD list but will pass for now...

posted in Chains on May 14, 10 5:33 PM
Does anyone know why I can't see my cursor on this game? It's happened before and i can't figure out what the problem is. If I switch to windowed I'm fine but in full screen-no cursor.

posted in Life Quest ™ on Apr 30, 10 2:41 PM
I agree that the story is very similar to Life Story but a bit more sophisticated with more choices. The game ran fine on my laptop without any glitches -- music was ok, graphics are crisp and clear and voice acting is non-annoying so probably a buy for me but not till May 1 since I already filled up the card for this month!

posted in Fiona Finch and the Finest Flowers on Jan 28, 10 11:01 AM
As others have said a beautiful game with nice voiceover and plenty of challenges -- planting, pruning, crossbreeding, filling orders, etc. My only issue with this game is that there is a little too much to do. I like TM games and own many of them but this game had me feeling just a bit discombobulated -- way too much to have to do and all at the same time. Didn't get past the first garden -- No timer that I could find but would have preferred fewer required tasks.

I'm sure it is a buy for many TM fans but not for me...

Def worth a demo. Happy gaming

Wow -- when did I morph into a minnow -- way cool!

posted in Wizard Land on Jan 15, 10 2:18 PM
This game seems to offer something for everyone -- timed or untimed, changing M3 styles on the fly, nice graphics, runs smoothly, etc. but I have to admit I found it a bit boring. Maybe other M3 games have spoiled me but I just couldn't find any reason to keep playing. I wanted to like it since I'm an M3 fanatic but just couldn't muster any enthusiasm for it...

posted in Great Adventures: Lost in Mountains on Dec 29, 09 4:43 PM
Very cute and fun game with enough of a mix to keep it interesting. The graphics are very crisp and I didn't haven't any issues with the cursor or the game freezing.

Only completed the first four objectives and after reading posts I'm a bit confused as to how long the game is -- some same long others say not so long Either way I think its a great game for $6.99.

I love both TM and Sims style games but this game is really neither -- as a previous poster said, it is more an adventure style game with a lot of steps to complete your objectives -- all in all it is a lot of fun.

I'm on the fence to purchase only because I only need one game more to get my sixth stamp and I'll wait to see what is offered in the next two days. If nothing better, I'll purchase this one for sure. Happy gaming and

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO BFG AND ALL THE FISHIES IN THE POND

posted in Gotcha: Celebrity Secrets on Dec 16, 09 6:34 PM
Fun, cute game. Very bright and lighthearted although the whole paparazzi thing has me scratching my head but still not enough to prevent a purchase. I got part way through the 2nd chapter and the demo still had time left on it. The game is fairly easy and straight forward but I noticed it did get a bit more "difficult." Maybe that's not the right word but the crowd got heavier and the finds needed increased as the game went on. Mini games were easy enough with no real issues but I didn't notice a skip button though there is one for the dialogue.

Not sure about a purchase but I only need two more games for my December punchcard and although I'm still holding out for something a bit more challenging I'll file this one away under Maybe. If I don't find it I will probably buy this one since it is a fun, no stress game that has a lot of replayability and would probably take me 4-5 hours to get through. Happy gaming!

posted in Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone on Dec 3, 09 11:24 AM
I really enjoyed this game. I took my time and didn't skip any puzzles and it took me about 4 hours. To the person who said their 6 yo child figured some of the puzzles out -- you must have a child genius -- lol.

I don't agree that the game is mediocre. I've played all the RTR and MCF games too and though this one is not as challenging it is still a good game and I believe challenging for those new to the genre and old-hands too. Remember, those games evolved from their original offering and though all developers know what many gamers like not all gamers like having to refer to a blog or walk-through to get through a game. Some like a less stressful gaming experience.

Am anxious to play the next installment and hope it is as good if not better than this one.

posted in The Treasures of Montezuma 2 on Dec 2, 09 1:38 PM
I am a Match 3 addict but I could never get through the first one which is still sitting unfinished on my computer--the timer was just impossible to beat in the higher levels. I have hand/wrist issues so an option for untimed would have been great.

The demo isn't too difficult but if its anything like the first one it will only be one more game I couldn't get through -- bah. Also, as previously stated this M3 isn't one of the better ones out there. My personal fav: Unwell Mel. So its a pass on this one for me. Happy gaming.

posted in Gardenscapes on Nov 10, 09 11:13 PM
polyperchon wrote:I thought this was cute game. The graphics are really good and it has some fun touches (like naming the dog). I didn't really enjoy the Time Management aspects though, which is most of the game, so I doubt I'll be buying.

Hi Polyperchon and welcome to the pond. The game has a relaxed mode which is untimed. Go into Options and change from timed to relaxed. I love TM games but sometimes the short times to "pass" a task keeps me from enjoying them. Also, I have hand/wrist issues and so can't click as fast as I once could. If you visit the pond and read through the game forums you will see fishies are always advocating for untimed/relaxed modes so that all can enjoy the game/s. The developers of this game listened and gave us the option so if that is the only thing holding you back from buying this one give the relaxed/untimed mode a go. Happy gaming and enjoy!

posted in Gardenscapes on Nov 10, 09 3:08 PM
I too am loving this game -- a nice bright HOG -- enough of those dark and dreary ones that need a magnifier and a flagh light to search around for items. This one is cute and perky and fun. The items are fun to find and the hint system is also a lot of fun -- you get different items that help you find items -- thermometer, camera, etc. It's also fun to interact with the butler and the dog is sooo cute and getting to name him/her is extra fun. I bought this game before the demo ended. I'm not sure about replay value but it's a heck of a lot of fun for $6.99. Two thumbs up I'm one happy gamer

posted in Island Realms on Nov 6, 09 2:58 PM
I posted this prior to this thread opening and was asked to repost here, so here it is:

The graphics are crisp and the music is typically bad but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what I needed to do in this game. Unlike other TM building style games you have to place your cursor on a building, road, etc. to get instructions. I usually love these kinds of games but this one just frustrated me. The game ran fine on my system with just a little bit of lag.

I tried to like it and get further into the game since the BFG semi-review says you get into battle scenarios but I only lasted 10 minutes. It looks like there are many islands to conquer but I'll never find out since I deleted it in frustration. Was hoping it would be another A Kingdom for My Princess but no dice.

Maybe its me and I just wasn't playing it right but this one just isn't my cup of tea.

posted in Island Realms on Nov 6, 09 1:00 AM
The graphics are crisp and the music is typically bad but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what I needed to do in this game. Unlike other TM building style games you have to place your cursor on a building, road, etc. to get instructions. I usually love these kinds of games but this one just frustrated me. The game ran fine on my system with just a little bit of lag.

I tried to like it and get further into the game since the BFG semi-review says you get into battle scenarios but I only lasted 10 minutes. It looks like there are many islands to conquer but I'll never find out since I deleted it in frustration.

Maybe its me and I just wasn't playing it right but this one just isn't my cup of tea.

posted in Hidden Magic on Oct 31, 09 2:48 PM
I was almost put off by the simplistic Game Picture advertising the game but decided to give it a go. I agree that this is a very different kind of game. I enjoy playing most kinds of games and this one, as many have shared, is a lot of game genres rolled into one. The art work is a bit simplistic but started to "grow" on me after a while. I had a bit of a problem with seeing the custom cursor in fullscreen (have had this kind of issue in the past) but once I unchecked it in options the game ran smoother and the cursor stopped flickering.

I'm still on the fence about buying this one -- guess I just want to see what else will be coming out before burning a free game.

All in all it is a fun game with nice graphics, coherent storyline and fun minigames. I also like that you can play in easy mode (untimed, fast loading hints). The game offers to switch you to a more difficult mode but you can always do so yourself and decline it which I did. There are 2 more levels (both with increasing difficulty) so replayability looks good.

I'll probably end up getting this one (already have my 6). Give it a try and don't let the name or the picture put you off. Happy gaming

posted in Kelly Green Garden Queen on Oct 21, 09 9:22 AM
Ok game but agree that there is just too much to do. The graphics are fun and the game ran fine on my laptop. I don't usually listen to music or game sounds so can't comment on those (sorry).

One thing I found annoying and awkward was having to pan using the right vs left mouse click. Guess I'm just klutzy that way

The game does have plenty of upgrades as you go along and I liked that but even with another helper I just didn't enjoy all the running around and could only see more of such ahead. You have to place the pots, fill with soil, plant the seed, water the plant, harvest the pot, put it it in the shed all while also taking care of a cow, making flower arrangements, pumping the well, buying more seed, answering the phone, waiting on walkup customers, serving lemonade, calling clients back, etc. etc. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

Also there is a have a nifty wide angle view but this made it difficult to see what I was actually doing when I forgot to pan in closer. Again btwn the running around in the game and the right click, left click, pan in/out, etc. it was just not enjoyable for someone physically challenged. I have hand and wrist issues and so this cute little game just wasn't for me.

Happy gaming

posted in Aveyond 2 on Oct 18, 09 7:32 PM
Thanks Memawclay2 -- much appreciated. Since it was so early in the game I actually went back and started a new quest since the first time through the game wouldn't let me exit the canoe any place except the Underground gate or where I put it in the water. I will def check out the walk thru. Thanks again. I love these games and just purchased the newest. Am trying to play catch up since I missed this one somehow. Take care

posted in Aveyond 2 on Oct 18, 09 4:22 PM
Hi - I'm stuck pretty early on. I have the canoe. I'm at the Underworld gate with the specter who wants something. It isn't gold because I have that and can't seem to give it to him (or is it her?) I have tried retracing my steps and going back to the village but everyone keeps telling me to either enjoy the snow before it melts or go to the Big Tree. I'm not getting anywhere in this game.

One more question, is this game also known by another name? I was on the Amaranth website and don't see A2 listed but Ean's Quest? Also, there is no walk through or guide. Anyone know of one? Thanks!

posted in Millennium: A New Hope on Oct 18, 09 3:42 PM
Wow thanks for such thorough reviews and the walkthru. I have been an Aveyond fan from the beginning and can't wait to spend time in this new game. Hooray for Amaranth Games -- sounds like another terrific game in the series!!!

PS I'm sure I'll be back for help and so appreciate the help available @ the pond! BFG fishes rock!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator