Posts created by BoomchuckPxyNiki

 
 
 posted in League of Light: Wicked Harvest Collector's Edition on Oct 10, 14 7:41 PM
If there's one I know is coming out eventually, I'll do a search for it online, which often leads to the beta one here, so I can give my input on it. I've got some beloved developers who are a bit prone to typos, misspellings, and translation errors, and I like to try to help catch those moments, and also to make sure there's less of a risk of a glitchy release. I don't abuse it by playing and not giving feedback--that's kind of an obnoxious thing to do, especially frequently. But as a writer and teacher of writing (critical analysis especially), I like to think I can give some valuable feedback. Others, of course, may disagree.
 
 
 posted in League of Light: Wicked Harvest Collector's Edition on Oct 10, 14 11:08 AM
Technically speaking, it's not quite the weekend yet. You may find that Saturday-Sunday's deals will be what you're looking for. The one currently on was introduced on Thursday.
 
 
 posted in League of Light: Wicked Harvest Collector's Edition on Oct 10, 14 12:41 AM
I've enjoyed the game so far (more than I thought I would, since I wasn't in the mood for something spooky, but when it's my birthday, I must buy something shiny and new for me. The only thing that's bugging me is how dense the detective is. If this dude is supposed to be the best the League of Light can send, and it takes him how long to put together people's before and after identities?! Obviously, I need to apply, because I'd have a job for life. "I can't believe ______ saved _____!" Are you kidding me?!
 
 
 posted in League of Light: Wicked Harvest Collector's Edition on Oct 9, 14 1:27 PM
Brendansoma1 wrote:
BoomchuckPxyNiki wrote:Not my first pick of genres for a game releasing on my birthday, but hey, I'll give it a shot.


Happy Birthday to a fellow Libra


Aw, thank you, and to you, too, whenever yours is/was.
 
 
 posted in League of Light: Wicked Harvest Collector's Edition on Oct 9, 14 1:13 AM
Not my first pick of genres for a game releasing on my birthday, but hey, I'll give it a shot.
 
 
 posted in Dark Realm: Queen of Flames Collector's Edition on Oct 2, 14 5:35 PM
Based on the developer, I knew when I beta-tested it, even before I started, that I'd be buying this game right away, They have yet to disappoint me, they usually fully blow me away, and the games get better with every new release. When I got to the end of the beta test, to the final "cliffhanger" scene, where (possible spoiler: highlight to read) the dragon attacks Valera and even the inventory gets shattered, I knew I'd have to stay up until 2 a.m. to buy it and probably stay up all night to finish it (spoiler: I did, and of course, with a Monday deadline, I had no business doing so, but I regret nothing). The attention to details in this game is insane. I mean, how often do you have a game where even the infrastructure gets affected by something in the game? Then, of course, the fact that we have a strong female protagonist, a little magic, some dark themes, and some outstanding artwork and animation, this game is a gem. It's right up there with the two Nevertales, Cadenza, and the second and third Rite of Passage games. No other developer puts as many goodies in their CEs as does this one, and this is no exception. I spent a good two hours playing the extra card game this afternoon instead of being a good girl and being productive.

Of course, everyone's tastes are different, and someone, somewhere, will hate it. It's inevitable. But 99% of the rest of you will probably at the bare minimum think it's a four star or higher game.

Seriously, though... even the inventory! That's some intense attention to every aspect of the gaming experience. So cool.
 
 
 posted in Dark Realm: Queen of Flames Collector's Edition on Oct 2, 14 3:33 PM
BossBrat wrote:Has anyone noticed that a lot of the games won't play with Windows 8.1? I wonder what's going to happen once the new windows comes out early next year, which I'm waiting on to buy a new computer. I seldom have trouble with games on Widows 7 Professional and dread what will happen with the new windows; especially since so many have problems with games on W8.


I haven't had much trouble with games, and when I have, it's been across multiple operating systems from MAC to PC, and I have Windows 8.1. I'm guessing it might be some other driver on your computer... 8.1 is not to blame.
 
 
 posted in Dark Realm: Queen of Flames Collector's Edition on Oct 2, 14 5:18 AM
CiChDa wrote:Just wanted to let others know that I am running Windows 8.1 on a PC and the game is running perfect for me....granted, I have only played part of the demo, but no problems thus far! I hope it stays that way! Beautiful game.


I've completed the main game with no issues, and I'm on a 64-bit Windows 8.1 computer.
 
 
 posted in Danse Macabre: Crimson Cabaret Collector's Edition on Sep 26, 14 11:02 AM
RainbowElf wrote:In one of the scenes you can see the half built eiffel tower, click on the window and they say something.



Yes...there's even a newspaper article that the investigator reads on the topic, and she makes some sort of remark about being optimistic about it.
 
 
 posted in Danse Macabre: Crimson Cabaret Collector's Edition on Sep 26, 14 11:00 AM
I've got a minor issue where I just got an achievement for "In a hurry--skipped two mini-games" but I did not (and almost never do) skip any mini-games. I'm almost religious about it, because that's the part that challenges my mind and thus how I justify spending way too much money on computer games. It's a minor thing, but it does irk me somewhat.

For my system: Windows 8.1, 64-bit, everything up to date.
 
 
 posted in Danse Macabre: Crimson Cabaret Collector's Edition on Sep 26, 14 10:54 AM
sunnyglow wrote:
[Removed by Moderator]


Something to keep in mind: Not everyone who gives the developers feedback does so here on the forum or where you can see it. It may well be that the majority is fine with the helpers or even asks for more. I, for one, am one of the ones who enjoy most of them; I'm just not quite a vociferous about my feelings as those who are tired of them. A lot of what you mentioned is very much subjective--based on individual taste. If you're talking about the one that's coming up this weekend, it's one I beta-tested as well, and I'm really looking forward to it and have been anxiously waiting for it for months. Different strokes for different folks, to use a cliche. Please keep that in mind.
 
 
 posted in Forgotten Kingdoms: Dream of Ruin Collector's Edition on Sep 22, 14 11:13 AM
MoreOver wrote:It saddens me that there are so many people who don't read through the thread to find out that the game developers (who are not Big Fish, BTW) are aware of the problem and a fix in the works.

Instead they ignore everything anyone has taken the time to post and declare that they're not buying the game because it doesn't have the 'help' bars.

That's not a good reason to not ever buy the game. It might be, however, a good reason to not buy the game right now.

Course then the sale will be over. Shrug. I've taken my chances. CS will refund if it isn't fixed.


Agreed. I bought it because it's exactly the type of storyline I like to play in a game, and I had enjoyed the beta when I played it, and while I did find the lack of text bug extremely frustrating at times, I honestly loved (maybe, rather, strongly liked?) the game. I did get through it, and toward the end, I was getting a feel for which objects the game developers thought should be used on. I'm saddest, at this point, that so many of the reviews have been posted to the main page that will be posted, and the fix hasn't come out yet, meaning the rating of the game is based on a bug that should be worked out soon rather than the game itself.
 
 
 posted in 9 Clues: The Ward on Sep 20, 14 12:12 AM
I glanced at the developer's website, where, if anywhere, they'd be trying to sell the CE if there is one, but only the SE is shown, so my guess is that they just went ahead with an SE version. I beta-ed the game, too. I'm using one of my free games codes tonight to get it, and I may redownload the beta for comparison later in the month, sheerly for my own curiosity's sake.
 
 
 posted in 9 Clues: The Ward on Sep 18, 14 10:18 PM
_DD_ wrote:
BoomchuckPxyNiki wrote:... and assumed the storylines ran together, and as such, my mind filled in the gaps and somehow merged two antagonists together.

BoomchuckPxyNiki wrote: ... (being an English instructor and also a freelance writer who's working on compiling readings for different grade levels to read in preparation for standardized testing, on top of the games I play), so it's all become a bit jumbled in my migraine-y mind.

LOL - in any case, you have excellent descriptions/explanations!
I can't remember ONE game once I've closed it.
Thanks for clearing that up, even with checking in the games, and I hope (assuming that you mean a headache unrelated to this topic) that you feel better soon!


Haha. Not a problem--I'm a nerd that way... I have to know the answer, and I have to make sure the last thing I said was the most accurate. It's an adventure in my mind at all times.

And thanks. I have headaches on a daily basis and weekly migraines, especially if there's a storm or a change in the weather, and when I posted this yesterday (in Missouri), there were some heavy-duty thunderstorms. In my city, we got 3 inches of rain in an hour. My head had no chance. Today, I'm just dealing with the residual symptoms--lots of dizziness.
 
 
 posted in 9 Clues: The Ward on Sep 17, 14 12:42 PM
Okay... I took a few minutes to look at the opening scenes for each, and I realized that they're from different developers and have different fonts for the "9" part. Chalk this one up for my being a natural blond...

So, never mind my silly question! I've been immersed in too many stories lately (being an English instructor and also a freelance writer who's working on compiling readings for different grade levels to read in preparation for standardized testing, on top of the games I play), so it's all become a bit jumbled in my migraine-y mind.
 
 
 posted in 9 Clues: The Ward on Sep 17, 14 12:32 PM
Unless my memory is warped, the antagonist from the first 9 Clues games reappears in one of the 9 games. I probably should replay them to check, and it could just be the fact that I bought them all together and assumed the storylines ran together, and as such, my mind filled in the gaps and somehow merged two antagonists together.
 
 
 posted in 9 Clues: The Ward on Sep 17, 14 11:28 AM
I bought the previous installments of this series, and I thought it was a little strange that this one is not being released as CE first as the second and third games were. Of course, the second and third, going by the titles in my Game Manager, don't include the "Clues" part of the title 9 Clues, despite being part of the same storyline, so perhaps this has something to do with it? I dunno, but I was a bit curious as to why this is the case. One plus is that I can use one of my free punch card games for this one, though, so... silver lining. I remember beta testing this quite a while back, so I wonder if there just wasn't enough of a story to include as a bonus game and so they gave up and released it just as a standard edition.

Anyone have any theories or know the reason?
 
 
 posted in 9 Elefants on Sep 16, 14 7:47 PM
Strangely enough, my opinion is the opposite. Some of my favorite games to date have come out within the past few months. It's good to remember that while quality can be measured objectively to some degree, people's likes and dislikes vary hugely, and taste is very much subjective. Yeah, there have been a few that have been a little less than perfect, even among the ones I've enjoyed, but casual PC game creation's come a long way in a very short period of time.
 
 
 posted in Revived Legends: Road of the Kings Collector's Edition on Sep 12, 14 9:58 PM
raspust wrote:
BoomchuckPxyNiki wrote:
twinsoniclab wrote:I uninstalled tonight, and reinstalled from the GM. It still shuts down when going back into the workshop area.

Customer Service was great and I am happy with how the issue was settled, but thought you should know that the problem is NOT fixed.


Ditto--verbatim, except I uninstalled and reinstalled it a little while ago.


Hello,
Have you installed the update from the Manager? And have you tried playing the game under a new profile? I have and everything was OK.
Vladimira


I did this, and for awhile, it worked. However, I tried replaying again, and the same issue has re-arisen. Maybe I just need to stop buying games for awhile (ha) and save up for a higher-end computer--though this one was pretty solid for the price range when I bought it two years ago. Still...
 
 
 posted in Maestro: Dark Talent Collector's Edition on Sep 12, 14 8:09 PM
The two you're thinking of, when you say you can't collect them, can be collected in the bonus game.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Go to:   
 
 
 
KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator