Posts created by laffarsmith

posted in Virtual Families on May 8, 09 9:35 AM
Ah, yes. She won't work while she's carrying a baby but she'll still do some of the household chores. The baby walks on its own at 2 years but I'm not sure how many hours of game play that equals.

posted in Virtual Families on May 8, 09 9:15 AM
There are three work areas, the office (computers), workshop (side bench), and kitchen (side bench nearest door). Try her at each and see which one gets her working. :-) Don't forget to praise good work habits.

posted in Virtual Families on May 8, 09 7:13 AM
Ok, so there are some serious sleep issues with this game. Why won't my peeps stay asleep until they are no longer tired? They'll wake up through the night and just start going about as if the sun were high in the sky and they weren't keeling over from exhaustion.

I thought I could at least check out my other families while they slept if I paused the game after they'd shut their eyes but when I come back they're up and standing next to their beds (frozen because they're paused) rather than still in bed asleep.

Is there a secret to getting them to sleep properly or do I just have to keep putting them back to bed in the hopes that eventually they'll stop being so tired?

Does praising them when they're asleep help encourage them to keep sleeping? I've avoided doing it because it wakes them up!

posted in Virtual Families on May 8, 09 6:45 AM
bonbon663 wrote:I agree, you know a game's a dud when you can spend so much time watching the characters sleep.

I'm finding the biggest issue is I HAVE to watch them sleep. If I try to leave them sleeping and switch to a different family I'll come back and find they woke up the second I left and haven't slept while I was elsewhere. It would make more sense to have them sleep ALL night unless woken for some reason. It would certainly make it easier to manage if they'd stay in bed once put there, at least until exhaustion and tiredness wore off.

posted in Virtual Families on May 8, 09 6:30 AM
susieque40 wrote:you need to buy tape and then have one of your people get a drink to lower the water pressure and then tape the hose. thats what i found on jaysgames walkthrough.

Getting someone to have a shower works to lower water pressure too. :-)

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator