Posts created by Doodlebug2

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 4, 16 9:37 AM
I am in the same boat as Jenifer. I have started this game over a couple of times and play on IOS. It seems like I always ran short of gold, but never stamps. Now the Unique stamp is hiding. I just started Level 30. I will persevere this time instead of quitting. Wonder how long it will take me to reach just 5 Unique stamps.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 3, 16 4:17 PM
I wish we could trade-in certain difficult to collect items. For instance, right now I have no Unique stamps and would gladly part with my Plain stamps.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 24, 16 9:47 AM
I had this problem quite awhile ago and discovered it was my antivirus software, Webroot that was causing the problem. Might want to check with AV people.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 23, 16 4:41 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:Doodlebug2, I'm assuming you have no way to know this, but the original Bow Figurine was nothing short of pure torture. Many an old player lost their sanity over that one. If you played 4 rounds a day, it would have taken you 9.5 days to complete one Bow Figurine and 57 days to complete 6 Bow Figurines. We had to complete 12 Bows. Ahhh, the good ole days.

I thank my lucky stars every single day they made it as easy as they have.

Remember that old saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

I do remember the old Bow and I believe it did break me. Didn' return to the castle until after the change. Still don't like it. Still hate having to do the Mirrors, too

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 23, 16 4:01 PM
If one has an evil mind, one might believe that all of the finagling that players do might be due to the developers twisted sense of humor. WAAAHAAA

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 23, 16 3:54 PM
You know, of all of the ZZ that could have been downgraded to just needing one item instead of 2, this one sure would have been my first choice. You have to visit the Fairy Sculpture 4 times to complete this ZZ. Oh, the developers just love playing hard to get.

posted in Wanderland on Oct 15, 16 7:39 PM
waxtadpole wrote:I, too, am tired of the frustration of not being able to gather the items I need after months of playing. I have had the worst time trying to accumulate rubies. Sorry, but this game, while lovely and while it does have some very playable aspects, also is too frustrating in those aspects that are just not playable. This is without a doubt the hardest game I have ever attempted, and I have been gaming for decades. There is a distinct lack of balance in the design of the elements of the game. While some things are relatively easy to do, others are nearly impossible. That lack of balance is something that, alas, I find quite disagreeable.

So, Ghoti is out of the game. I am sorry I won't be able to gift my friends any more, but at nearly 70 years of age, what remains of my life is too short for this level of frustration.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 7, 16 8:28 AM

posted in Wanderland on Oct 1, 16 9:13 AM
After uninstalling this game for the third time, I still come back hoping there are real changes and I enjoy the forums. I am totally amazed at the perseverance of the long time players of this game. They hang in there for all they are worth amidst the frustrations, losses, and glitches. Just wanted you all to know how you amaze me.

posted in Wanderland on Sep 30, 16 7:09 AM
The single thing I truly do not understand is, "why is game still supported, offered by Big Fish?"

posted in Wanderland on Sep 29, 16 7:52 AM
Welcome to the frustration club. Got you beat, though. Been on the same quest for 2 months. Also, my only quest. Need to activate the Ranger's collection. Not happening. Need to kill the Turg leader. No leather slings, no swamp gas or whatever is in that little green bottle. Gone

posted in Wanderland on Sep 29, 16 7:49 AM
Why is there never any word addressing the complaints? Maybe it is because we all still played and some of us even invest in the current frustration. I just cannot do it anymore. Each update brings changes no one requests and lacks the fixes that would settle the frustration levels of long term players. I pity the poor players who start this game, get sucked into its early, easy play status only to be left frustrated like the rest of us. I have been following this game since the beginning and it all started out so hopeful. The game is beautiful and the HOS are challenging. The rest is just awful. I am leaving again. Maybe it will get better.

posted in Wanderland on Sep 27, 16 11:08 AM
amybeth714 wrote:Sad to see you go BUT I completely understand. This last "update" was the beginning of the end for me. Not only did it mess some things up , it didn't add any new scenes or progress in the game for those of us that have finished the portals.
I still have some quests left but they require the same things as everyone else.
I do like the new chests when defeating an enemy- it let me spend my remaining rubies to get some wands and stamps.
I, too, have some great gifting friends so I try to drop in once a day or so to give and receive. I play a few scenes, maybe complete a couple of chests, then get absolutely bored before I even run out of energy.
I hope you just take a break- and watch for any future updates that may or may not improve things. Come back when you see something interesting happening. It still is a beautiful game and could be quite enjoyable if not so repetitive.
Either way- have a great day!

Well, said. I still feel that the frustrations just out weigh the enjoyment. The unnamed free to play other hidden object game is so much more balanced with the player advancing at a normal pace. So I am going back to that game and sending this one to recycle bin.

posted in Wanderland on Sep 27, 16 11:05 AM
I do not think there are active Moderators on this forum. No one from BFG ever jumps in and says they are passing along the players gripes with the game and it is also evidenced by the fact that nothing ever changes in the players favor. The latest update with the chest selection after killing an enemy does not give any more advantage to the player after spending diamonds to open a chest. There is no use in using the "find" button because it does not guarantee that the much needed activator will drop. So many frustrations for the player. Stepping off the soapbox.

posted in Wanderland on Sep 27, 16 7:12 AM
I think the only way to be heard is a mass bailout.

posted in Wanderland on Sep 27, 16 7:11 AM
I have tried to garner whatever enjoyment I can from this game by playing once a day and gifting friends, but no more. This is the 3rd time I have uninstalled this game and it may be my last. Until things change in favor of the players I am resisting the frustration that is this game. The antlers are the final straw. Took me weeks to get enough torches to open the Ice Cave in night mode only to not have the antlers drop. I am not doing it anymore. Thanks for all of the help along the way from friends.

posted in Wanderland on Sep 15, 16 7:06 AM
I am on Windows 10 Home and the Lighthouse is not counting down and I have seen no new quests in several days.

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 27, 16 8:05 AM
shileagh wrote:I have the following eggs to gift: 1 Hedgehog, 1 Owl, 2 Parrots 1 Panda 1 Hippo 1 Phoenix and 2 Hopping Tigers. My Id # is 56134 and my user name is Shileagh. Hope someone can use the eggs.

I would like your Hedgehog if it is still available. Thanks, Abbey 557579

posted in Wanderland on Aug 19, 16 6:56 AM
It feels like something has changed over the past couple of days. I was moving along at the usual pace, but this week I cannot get torches or sandbags to drop. The Crypt, The Huntsman, The Pier and The Swamp are dropping very little. Up until this week, I was sometimes getting drops of 4 items, not this week at all. Makes me wonder if someone flipped the wrong switch on the developers side to revert back to an old update. I have never had this much trouble getting torches and sandbags. Still plugging away, though. Thanks to all friends for the great help. Playing as Dee at level 40.

posted in Wanderland on Jul 31, 16 11:45 AM
Good Luck

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator