Posts created by Rob_Blake

posted in PuppetShow: The Curse of Ophelia Collector's Edition on Feb 3, 18 2:02 PM
I have wondered, too, how some of the same people who do reviews on every HO Collector's Edition had time to write such long and complete reviews, although they are not always positive reviews. However, I did not notice until each of you pointed it out that several of the reviews are dated the day before. Even if they are members who live in Europe, the dates of the reviews should still be same as the day they are released to members only, not the day before, since the games are not available until after midnight PST time. I feel this is something that the moderators can and should explain to us. Hopefully they will not just say that they have no control over who and when reviews are posted.

posted in PuppetShow: The Curse of Ophelia Collector's Edition on Feb 3, 18 1:42 PM
The snowflakes are indicated with yellow boxes around them in the scenes under Collectibles at the end of the SG, along with the locations of the flowers. Although it said at the beginning that there were snowflakes in every scene, there is not one indicated in the dressing room. I missed one in another room and I could not go back to it after I got near the end of the demo, as all the other rooms were unavailable, even though they did not have a lock on them in the map. I have not purchased the game yet, so I don't know if we can eventually go back to some previous rooms and find ones we missed or not.

posted in Grim Tales: The Time Traveler Collector's Edition on Jan 27, 18 7:21 AM
Valdy wrote:
Rob_Blake wrote:The moderators have stated in other game forums that they do not have any control over when the codes are deactivated. They only monitor the forums to answer questions or problems when they can, and look for postings that are against the forum rules.

That is true, they don't deactivate a code, but that doesn't mean that they don't pass the information on that a code is still working the moment they see a post about it to whoever is responsible for taking the codes off.

Although that may be true also, there have been many more times that codes have been good all day the next day, even though someone posted early that it was still working. I have bought several games in the past on the day after, many hours after someone has posted about it. So, it appears to be a hit and miss whether or not the codes are deactivated immediately or not till much later the day after. I'm just glad when they are still good, and just wait for the next good sale if not.

posted in Grim Tales: The Time Traveler Collector's Edition on Jan 26, 18 10:37 AM
The moderators have stated in other game forums that they do not have any control over when the codes are deactivated. They only monitor the forums to answer questions or problems when they can, and look for postings that are against the forum rules. However, I am surprised how much Spam there is on this forum today from yesterday, as it is usually cleared around 8:00 a.m. PST each morning, after the employees at BF get into work.

posted in Grim Facade: The Message Collector's Edition on Jan 23, 18 12:07 PM
I am surprised that no one else commented or complained about the 3 Achievements for Skipping 1, 3, and 5 mini-games. I rarely skip a game, unless I can't complete one fast enough, or the SG doesn't help enough on more difficult games, or the solutions are random and I just can't figure it out. I can understand maybe getting an Achievement for skipping one mini game if the mini game was just too difficult, but why would anyone purposely skip 3 or 5 games just to get those Achievements? I realize that some Achievements are silly because they are super easy to get (e.g. Solve one HO without a hint), but I thought these 3 Achievements were ridiculous.

posted in Dark City: London Collector's Edition on Jan 15, 18 3:08 PM
Almost all CE games (for PC at least) have had 90-minute demos the past few years on BF. Demos on SE games are still only 60 minutes. As others have stated, some of the demos end before the 90 minutes are up because of how fast a player plays it. Sometimes players can finish them in 60 minutes or less. Some demos don't have a stopping point until the 90 minutes run out, but that is rare. I have actually not completed a couple of demos within the 90 minutes, because I took too long on a difficult puzzle and refused to just skip and go on, or I kept looking at Achievements, Collectibles, and other things in Extra while still playing the game itself. So, I'm not sure what someone means when they say they have never seen a 90-minute demo here. Although I don't post often in the forums, I have been a member since 2009 and have over 1400 games (mostly HO games) from BG. I'm not bragging. Just not understanding comments about never seeing 90 minute demos, because some can last that long or close to it.

posted in Noir Chronicles: City of Crime Collector's Edition on Jan 15, 18 2:22 PM
I enjoyed the game for the most part and didn't run into any glitches. I just get bothered by so many spelling errors, several in the Achievements (Avange, Attackes, Comfront, etc.). The only other thing that I found humorous or silly is that Detective Fox gets attacked at least twice by the bad guy (only played demo so far), so he is not very sharp as a detective. And why would he just open Mortimer's room with the key and try to walk in, not knowing what he will find, since the friend at the bar said he was sleeping.

posted in Noir Chronicles: City of Crime Collector's Edition on Jan 15, 18 2:10 PM
I was okay with most of the things other reviewers commented against. However, I was really surprised and bothered at how many spelling errors there are in the game, including ones in the Achievements. Avange for Avenge, Attackes for Attacks, Comfront for Confront, etc.

posted in Noir Chronicles: City of Crime Collector's Edition on Jan 15, 18 2:05 PM
You have to guess at the order of each of the 3 punches, but you only punch each one once per round. The pattern is different for each round, but once you get the first one, you can eliminate that pattern.

posted in Secret Investigations: Nemesis on Jan 15, 18 7:00 AM
I have downloaded the demo, but not played it yet. I got the first one last year as a free game, after I played the demo and had said it was an ok game for free. I will probably get this one for free since I have several unused credits, and they just don't come out with many SE only Hidden Object games any more.

Update: I completed the demo. I ran out of time before finishing the first chapter only because I kept replaying some of the levels to achieve 3 stars for timing. I will get it as a freebie just to play occasionally when I don't feel like playing any of my more involved games. I like the scenes, but I do agree that the story line was lame and it does get boring one HO after another. And no option to change players, no volume control, and I also prefer a true full screen.

posted in Secret Investigations: Nemesis on Jan 15, 18 6:54 AM
Whenever there is a big sale on a Monday holiday, the Bonus Punch Day is usually on Tuesday.

posted in The Unseen Fears: Outlive Collector's Edition on Dec 30, 17 7:18 AM
I know that last weekend was 2 for one, but I was really hoping for 65% off ($6.99 per CE game) for the year-end sale, not 50% off ($9.99 per CE game). Will just have to wait till they have it again after the new year.

posted in Yuletide Legends: Frozen Hearts on Dec 25, 17 6:47 AM
I don't see Bonus Punch promo for today either. Sometimes they switch it to Tuesday if there is a holiday on Monday. However, once or twice over the years, I missed it because the promo showed up later in the morning and I didn't recheck the main page.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition on Dec 5, 17 7:10 AM
sweatpea_25 wrote:@Rob_Blake To get this achievement click on your tablet and there is a persons of interest menu tab on the left side its the third down. go through and read about every person of interest and you will get this achievement but wait till the guy from the foundation shows up. Hope this helps.

Thank you sweatpea 25. I had done that during the main game, but forgot to go back to it after the bonus game, so I guess I missed the last person or two in it.

posted in Dark City: London Collector's Edition on Nov 30, 17 3:57 PM
My biggest pet peeve with any game is when they have the Strategy Guide button next to the Hint/Skip button. Sure enough, I wanted to check something in the Guide while in the middle of a puzzle, and my cursor hit the Skip button, and ended the puzzle, which I did not want to do.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Lethal Knowledge Collector's Edition on Nov 30, 17 12:34 PM
I have played the main game twice (different profiles of course). I haven't played the Bonus chapter yet under the second profile, but I am still wondering how you get the Achievement for Master Investigator (Check all the persons of interest). As far as I know, I have tried to click on every person in every scene, whether they had anything to say or not, but have not gotten this Achievement.

posted in Living Legends: Uninvited Guests Collector's Edition on Nov 25, 17 6:29 PM
What is the Sprinter Achievement? I completed the main and bonus game. I got every achievement except that one.

NVM. Since no one was able to take the time to answer my question here after reading my post, I searched and got my answer on another web site that answers questions and lists achievements for games. And I can tell from the answer that I would not have been able to get the achievement anyway, even if I had known what it was.

ekstra2000 wrote:There is one additional game in this series...but it was only released, afaik, for the Nintendo DS. The game is called "MillionHeir", and it utilizes a few "fun" items through the DS. EG: To shine your badge you have to blow on it until it's clean. I haven't played it for years...my eyes just aren't up to it, but there is a scene in it at Madame Fate's carnival. I wish they would release it for PC...I'm sure it could be modified for mouse use.

I saw that one years ago on their website and wished they had it for PC also, since I only play the games on my PC, and sometimes on my iPad.

mcquigan wrote:This is not a review.

Is BFG releasing something new on Thanksgiving or are we breaking with tradition?

Please see pennmom36's list of of the MCF series. During the past several years, the new MCF games have been coming out on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving Day, not on Thanksgiving Day itself, with a couple others coming out during the year at different times.

pennmom36 wrote:MYSTERY CASE FILES GAMES AVAILABLE
Title Collector's Edition Release Date Average Rating

1-Huntsville SE only (November 14-2005) 3.7
2-Prime Suspects SE only (April 6-2006) 3.8
3-Ravenhearst SE only (December 15-2006) 3.6
4-Madame Fate SE only (November 7, 2007) 3.9
5-Return To Ravenhearst SE only (November 27-2008) 4.2
6-Dire Grove (December 12-2009) 4.7
7-13th Skull (November 25-2010) 4.4
8-Escape From Ravenhearst (December 21-2011) 3.6
9-Shadow Lake (November 20-2012) 2.6
10-Fate's Carnival (November 26-2013) 4.4
11-Dire Grove, Sacred Grove (November 25-2014) 3.6
12-Key To Ravenhearst (October 27-2015) 3.6
13-Ravenhearst Unlocked (November 24-2015) 3.5
14-Broken Hour (November 22-2016) 3.5
15-The Black Veil (March 23-2017) 3.0
16-The Revenant's Hunt (November 21-2017) n/a

Thank you for your continuing lists of series. Not sure about some of the dates you have listed. Return to Ravenhearst SE came out on November 26, 2008. Collector's Edition of Dire Grove came out on November 25, 2009. Collector's Edition of Escape from Ravenhearst came out on November 23, 2011.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator