Posts created by OvrThRainbo

posted in Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Kill Remastered on Jun 19, 12 1:47 AM
Hi! I'm joining the group play a bit late. Sorry about the delay but I have a writing/marketinig project dor my DP *dear partner) [b]and I'm long-distance supervising the contractors for the renovation of my mom's house that my sister and I inherited...and I'm getting over a Lupus flare and packing for a trip out of town to find tenants for the house and bring up all the family photos from home to where I live now, etc.

My DP and I just finished Penny Dreadful's SWEENEY TODD: THE DEMON BARBER OF FLEET STREET late this evening.I should mention that I'm a beginner. I signed up with BFG and the Forums 1 month and three days ago. So I hope I can keep up with all of you and I hope that I can even find the time to finish the game (I have so much to do this summer after I rent the house out that I try not to think of it - games are now my momentary escape).

I'll be playing ND at the JUNIOR DETECTIVE level, naturally.

OvrThRainbo

posted in Criminal Minds on Jun 16, 12 6:42 PM
Has anyone played Criminal Minds on a Netbook? If so, what type of netbook (brand, model, screen resolution, processor speed, scree size - whatever you know about your netbook.

posted in Dracula Origin on Jun 16, 12 6:39 PM
If so, what type of netbook (brand, model, screen resolution, processor speed, scree size - whatever you know about your netbook.

posted in Dark Dimensions: City of Fog on Jun 15, 12 3:46 PM
I downloaded this game onto my Toshiba netbook. My Trial run was going fine until the beginning of the game when I was supposed to click on the notebook tucked tinto the inside panel of the open car door. The tip on the bottom left hand side of the screen to tell me what to do was not entirely visible. The very bottom of the tip box was hidden.

The day before I had worked with one of BFG's Chat support people who helped me with a similar problem in Murder She Wrote (one of the HOG items, a penny in the first HOG scene was partly cut off at the bottom).

The Chat support person helped me find and download the latest graphics driver for my particular variant of Toshiba NB305 netbook. After that no problems with Murder She Wrote. I went back into that game, saw and clicked on the penny and progressed to the next part of the game.

In Dark Dimensions: City of Fog I am stuck because I can't click the tip box on the lower left to make it disappear and when I try to click on the notebook which is what the tip box and commonsense is telling me to do nothing happens. I did an Advanced Forum Search on this Game Forum on this issue and could not find anyone else with this problem.

If I can't get the notebook I can't play the game - also, if I can't see things at the bottom of the screen I can't play the game - if I can't get rid of that tip box at the bottom left it is all academic.

I really wanted to buy this game but it sounds like there are a lot of problems with it.

Is there a solution to my problem???? . Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance if you do have something to offer!

Thanks, bfgRhone, for explaining what the Advanced Forum Search is for!
OvrThRainbo

In what I think is the 2nd level when I go to the locked cabinet and try to use the punch card from my inventory by placing it over the lit-up, green button on the locked cabine nothing happens. So I can't progress farther in the game because I can't get to the encryption machine.

I'm really enjoying the free trial and I want to buy this game for my family.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

posted in Haunted Hotel: Charles Dexter Ward Collector's Edition on Jun 11, 12 1:26 AM
ottsnot wrote:I´ve got a problem, with the screen resolution. In HO scenes some items are hidden under the info bar. I can´t reach them. I´ve tried the stretch mode and tried to alter my resolution. Nothing works!!!! HELP

I had the same exact problem in HO scenes in MURDER SHE WROTE. What's your screen red? Mine is just under the BFG minimum on my netbook (but not on my 17" laptop - but I play games on my netbook only). I have no trouble with other games I've tried, Now I'm hesitant to get HAUNTED HOTEL: CHARLES DEXTER WARD CE.
OvrThRainb

puzzledone wrote:Thanks BossBrat mentioning the wide screen black bars fill in. Otherwise after for waiting for d/l and opening I won't feel that usual letdown, rather know ahead. Since objects big enough to see, that is a consideration when the actual game reduces to fit part of 17.3 laptop. Swore I wouldn't buy any more til they got 1600x900 for gameplay, surely not a CE, I can wait if it looks like a game I'd like. Or, just replay the 9 that do fill a laptop and pout.

(I usually don't pass up an ERS game tho )

oops, always get those res numbers transposed, correction[/quote

Which 9 games DO fill a 17.3 laptop? At 900 x1600 res?
OvrThRainbo

posted in Hello Venice on Jun 10, 12 5:59 PM
scuther wrote:I think there should be some way that the makeers of the game should tell the game requires an upgraded card. I have never had a problem with any other game and I have finished the first Four elements.. Right???

I've had this problem with a couple of games. The screen resolution on my netbook I use for travel and computing in bed) is not quite good enough to play certain games. In the specs I'd like tosee info about the bare minimum for both graphics cards AND screen resolution. OvrThRainbo

posted in Hello Venice on Jun 10, 12 5:52 PM
LuvBFG56 wrote:I too want to know how to unlock 'survival mode'....I too have played the game through all 75 levels twice now....and as far as an instruction page? I never saw one???

You know, these all of these games should be right the first time so we don't have to go wondering around for information...or play an entire game over again only to not accomplish a goal or to come on here and then 'not' find any help....sorry but frustrated here....guess it's the arthritis in my hands....smh.

I played the game in demo mode. When I bought it the Survival Mode automatically unlocked. I wish I could help all of you unlock it somehow.
OvrThRainbo

posted in Hello Venice on Jun 10, 12 5:50 PM
wedchild wrote:Some messages in the forum have referred to mini games. I don't have those - is it because I'm in relaxed mode? Also, is there any place I can get the full instructions for playing this game? I'm winging it but don't really know what I'm doing.
Thanks

THe minigames ARE in Relaxed Mode. When you are in YOUR garden with the animated boy and his older sister wandering around you will see a gold arrow on the bottom right of the screen. Right to the very left of that is a tiny gold symbol (cant remember what). CLick on this and you will find the optional and fairly awful mini-games. I played a couple of times but after that I just stuck with the Match3s

The lack of clear instructions and a HELP button in ths game are a real turnoff.
OvrThRainbo

posted in Zulu's Zoo on Jun 4, 12 5:17 PM
The first time that I downloaded, installed and activated The Great Gatsby what happened when I clicked play was this:

The screen went black with an odd white border (at the top only?) and a little white circle was whirling around fast in the middle of the screen. [This also happened to another game I downloaded the same day: The Great Gatsby]. The only thing I can do is to Control Alt Delete to get out and then Restart. I even removed the computer battery for 20 seconds after unplugging the PC from the wall and then rebooted and tried Zulu's Zoo again..

As I had to uninstall two other games and the Game manager for a separate reason on the advice of a bfgModerator I uninstalled Zulu's Zoo [and The Great Gatsby].

After reinstalling the Game Manager I've had no problems. So I decided to reinstall Zulu's Zoo [and The Great Gatsby]. After activating and clicking on play Zulu's Zoo still gives me a black screen with a whirling white circle going around endlessly.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I have no problems with other games. I am given no error messages which would offer a clue what's wrong with Zulu's Zoo [or The Great Gatsby].

Thanks in advance for any help!
OvrThRainbo

posted in Classic Adventures: The Great Gatsby on Jun 4, 12 4:54 PM
The first time that I downloaded, installed and activated The Great Gatsby what happened when I clicked play was this:

The screen went black with an odd white border (at the top only?) and a little white circle was whirling around fast in the middle of the screen. [This also happened to another game I downloaded the same day: Zulu's Zoo]. The only thing I can do is to Control Alt Delete to get out and then Restart. I even removed the computer battery for 20 seconds after unplugging the PC from the wall and then rebooted and tried The Great Gatsby again..

As I had to uninstall two other games and the Game manager for a separate reason on the advice of a bfgModerator I uninstalled The Great Gatsby [and Zulu's Zoo].

After reinstalling the Game Manager I've had no problems. So I decided to reinstall The Great Gatsby [and Zulu's Zoo]. After activating and clicking on play The Great Gatsby still gives me a black screen with a whirling white circle going around endlessly.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I have no problems with other games. I am given no error messages which would offer a clue.

Thanks in advance for any help!
OvrThRainbo

posted in Laura Jones and the Secret Legacy of Nikola Tesla on Jun 2, 12 1:52 PM
Thanks, bfgRhone. I'm sure that will help! I still can't figure out how we skipped over the Pipes puzzle.

posted in Laura Jones and the Secret Legacy of Nikola Tesla on Jun 1, 12 9:47 PM
We made it Under the Fountain...and got stuck on the Gear puzzle. No problem. We have a Walkthrough, right? But the Walkthrough shows a Pipeline Puzzle here, not a Gear puzzle (this is the not the first time in the game that there has been a Gear puzzle - there were some much earlier...a rehearsal for the Under The Fountain scene)? We've tried everything and can not solve this Gear puzzle. BUT we have no Skip button so we cannot do an alternative puzzle. So we cannot finish the game. Any ideas? Is this a bug in the game?

Iin the Minigames section available to play separately after one has played Secret Legacy there are most of the puzzles one played during Secret Legacy. And, sure enough, there's the Pipeline puzzle from Under The Fountain but no Gears Puzzle from Under The Fountain. So it does seem that we were supposed to have played the Gears game AND had help on this from the Walkthrough.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

posted in Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman on Jun 1, 12 9:21 PM
Aaaargh,, Matey! At the church across the stream from the mysterious island the scrubber( in my inventory) does not work to clear the wall of the church. I can pick up the scrubber, take it to the wall by the window but I get some sort of message about not being able to do that there. I've read the Blog Walkthrough very carefully over and over again for this section and gone back to the church and tried to use the scrubber but I keep getting messages telling me basically that it doesn't work there. Is this a known problem in the non-CE version? I really like this game and now I'm stuck. I'd really like to play through to the end.

posted in Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman on May 30, 12 1:14 AM
Aaaargh,, Matey! The scrubber in my inventory does not work to clear the wall of the church on the mysterious island. What am I to do? I've read the Blog Walkthrough very carefully over and over again for this section and gone back to the church and tried to use the scrubber but I get messages telling me basically that it doesn't work there. Is this a known problem in the non-CE version?

posted in Penny Dreadfuls: Sweeney Todd Collector`s Edition on May 29, 12 9:21 PM
I liked the fact that this was a very British game, with Cockney accent and dialect as well as British objects (trifle, bangers and mash, haggis). I recognized 2/3 of these terms. I found it fun to put words to the other objects.

posted in Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition on May 25, 12 7:51 PM
I am relatively new to online gaming. I have downloaded several games from BF and played with no tech problems. However, when I started to play Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Collector's Edition I received a message stating that I a higher screen resolution. I think it was something like 1024 x 768. I travel a lot and have my games on my small netbook, not my 17"HP laptop. My netbook is nearly two years old and unfortunately has a res of 1024 x 600. I have two questions: What is it about Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel CE that makes it require a higher screen res? Is it that it is a CE? I have another CE game, Around The World in 80 Days and have no problem playing it. The second and larger question is whether or not one can tell what the screen resolution requirements are before one takes the time to download the trial version. Is this possible? If not, could this be something that BF will include in the game's description in the future?

posted in Secrets of the Seas: Flying Dutchman on May 23, 12 5:44 PM
Thanks! I knew I must have overlooked something. I'm playing on a small-screened net book late at night in the dark these days, not on my 17" in laptop. So sometimes I just miss an item. I really love this game and can't wait to get back to it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator