Posts created by JB4510

Just for Gold or to beat the Developer's Record? My best time on that one is 4:59, which is Gold but not over the DR. I can't seem to beat the DR to save my life!

Basically, free the lady that waters the plants, fill in the hole to the right allowing access to the gold exchange and second wood mill. In the beginning, exchange food for gold and stock up on wood. You only need to upgrade one mill to level 2. If you try to upgrade both you will run out of time. Other than getting access to the right wood mill, completely ignore that side altogether. You do NOT need to get the gold tooth. Focus on the center path and the left path to the witch's hut. Once you've filled in the holes on those two paths and built the hut, start saving food and exchanging wood for gold. Try not to mine gold if possible.

Let me know if that makes things more confusing than helpful and I will try to post a step by step instruction guide. If anyone knows how to beat the DR please let me know. Thanks!

I'm starting to wonder if this is a glitch. The first time through I beat the DR on aprox. 65% of the levels without even trying. On Level 5, I am having to go through and replay about four of them, but so far am able to beat them as I go. The reason I say this is because no matter what I do on 3.1, from following the Guide instructions, playing around the with bonuses, build levels, number of workers, etc. - I can't get more than 11,500-11,600 which is a good two THOUSAND points below the DR. It just makes no sense to me.

Other than it being a mistake, I keep thinking maybe there is a trick shortcut I'm missing. I don't see any collectible items or other ways to increase score besides the birds. Has anyone else found anything that helps, even if you still haven't beaten it?

The other one giving me major trouble is 5.3.

Thanks

posted in Egyptian Settlement 2: New Worlds on Jul 10, 15 2:37 AM
SAN8402 wrote:You got to build a quarry next to stone and a sawmill next to trees. If there aren't any trees available you can plant them if you have grass. Then you have to wait for them to grow. If you have access to a well you can plant grass which you also need to make wheat fields. The farm won't produce if you don't have any fields. The trees and fields get used up over time and you will have to replant grass before rebuilding the tree or wheat fields. You also have to have water to make bread so you got to be sure your well is staffed.

Thank you! I'm on level four (I think, maybe 5) and I completely forgot about the ability to plant tree farms. My little explorer guy is exhausted from searching the entire map for trees!

As for the reviews and comments, while I agree there is a learning curve to this game, I personally like it quite a lot. I have no problem starting a level over entirely once I've realized I've made an error in strategy. My issues thus far are not based on the lack of instructions but my lack of memory of things taught in the tutorial, as mentioned above. It is a complex game, to say the least, but I feel these are the games so greatly lacking on BFG. I sincerely hope at least a few avid players will stick around so we can help each other out in this forum.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 9, 15 3:14 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:Age of Exploration I

No mini games in this location as of May 23, 2015

Re:Which AES buildings have minigames?

Re: Age of Exploration - I've just completed all three mini games in that building, as of June 9th.This is just the order in which the tasks finally appeared to me. I’m betting once you find any piece or two, the quests will appear.

There is something funky about the way it works. I completed the building a few days ago and nothing happened. I then clicked on one of the displays and got a quest to complete all three displays. As I clicked on each display, a separate quest appeared to complete that display. When I clicked on "Go" within each quest nothing happened. In just looking, (not playing) through at World sites, I didn’t seeing any parts, using the "hint" button did nothing, nor did anything else. I came here, see it listed as not working so went on to other tasks.

The below information has spoilers which can see by highlighting the missing text.

This morning I was playing through Italy and noticed I got a weird piece. I went back into the building and sure enough I had a piece to the farthest exhibit on the right, the ship’s throttle, (though I don’t recall what the game calls it) but still nothing to do. I played through a few more World sites and I happened upon a piece to the compass in India. I then found a piece to the machine (looks like a round telescope) in Argentina.

At this point I still had no other quests nor direction, and hadn’t found any new items so, I went back into the building and clicked on the compass and that is when I received all the individual quests for each display, in which the “Go” button took me to the proper site to find them. Once found it took less than five minutes to complete the all of the quests.

TL;DR: Find a piece or two in the countries listed below, then go back into the building, click on a display and see if the quests open for you. Countries: Italy, India, Argentina, Canada, New Zealand Hope this helps.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Jun 9, 15 3:12 AM
Re: Age of Exploration - I've just completed all three mini games in that building, as of June 9th.This is just the order in which the tasks finally appeared to me. I’m betting once you find any piece or two, the quests will appear.

There is something funky about the way it works. I completed the building a few days ago and nothing happened. I then clicked on one of the displays and got a quest to complete all three displays. As I clicked on each display, a separate quest appeared to complete that display. When I clicked on "Go" within each quest nothing happened. In just looking, (not playing) through at World sites, I didn’t seeing any parts, using the "hint" button did nothing, nor did anything else. I came here, see it listed as not working so went on to other tasks.

The below information has spoilers which can see by highlighting the missing text.

This morning I was playing through Italy and noticed I got a weird piece. I went back into the building and sure enough I had a piece to the farthest exhibit on the right, the ship’s throttle, (though I don’t recall what the game calls it) but still nothing to do. I played through a few more World sites and I happened upon a piece to the compass in India. I then found a piece to the machine (looks like a round telescope) in Argentina.

At this point I still had no other quests nor direction, and hadn’t found any new items so, I went back into the building and clicked on the compass and that is when I received all the individual quests for each display, in which the “Go” button took me to the proper site to find them. Once found it took less than five minutes to complete the all of the quests.

TL;DR: Find a piece or two in the countries listed below, then go back into the building, click on a display and see if the quests open for you. Countries: Italy, India, Argentina, Canada, New Zealand

Hope this helps.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on May 26, 15 3:04 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:
angelfire77 wrote:Does this mean we won't have the Pirate Quests and the different holiday quests?

No, BFG confirmed that we will have Pirates Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and I think Halloween.. but after Christmas the events will repeat themselves over and over and over and over again..

Do any of these events offer the ability to complete the "Have X Pets and X Amount of Accessory Quests"?

I've been stuck at 4/5 pets for over a year now; however, I've been a come-and-go player, meaning I play as far as I can, then come back once there's been a new update.

I am sad about the decision to discontinue updates, but it will be somewhat mediated if I can still complete the last remaining achievements, the Pets and the Holidays being the only ones unattainable at this time.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Apr 19, 15 4:47 AM
On 4/18/15 at aprox. 9:00 AM ESDT, I spent just under one million coins, (I have been playing for three years), in upgrading, decorating and changing the appearance of towns and buildings in my game.

Upon re-opening the game the following day, 4/19/15, ALL of the items, changes and coins spent are gone, and none of the items show as purchased under the applicable menus.

When I began purchasing decorations, I had just over one million coins, (it was $1,1xx,xxx). When exiting the game I had aprox $150,000 which remains my current balance.

Some specific purchases include but are not limited to:

Dinhammer Alley
- Windmill - $34,999
- Toy Shop - $42,300 for My Lil Pony Theme
- Pizza Palace - $42,300 for Pizza Plummage Theme (Blue Peacock)
- Auction House - $14,800 for Blue Mahue Theme

Breezy Bay
- Rowboat - $32,999
- Streetlight - The Candelabra $34,500
- Spring Flowers - $11,999

AES Museum
- Flag - $30,000
- Streets - Cobblestone $4,180

System: Windows 7 64bit
Game Version: 1.810
Code: 15878457
Game User Name: ikcaj2
BigFish User Name: JB4510

posted in Hero of the Kingdom on Apr 2, 15 4:56 AM
Aha! Per the game developers in this post [Removed by Moderator]

User profiles are not enabled by default so you have no annoying "Enter your name" message on the first launch if you are not interest to use profiles.

Under Settings, click User Profiles in the top right, select Enabled. This will allow you to create multiple users and reset achievements for each.

Hope that helps!

posted in Hero of the Kingdom on Mar 31, 15 7:00 AM
Vodo86 wrote:Hi there,
I don't know if someone could help me, but I earned every achievement but the "find 300 mushrooms" one. I looked around the maps many times but I can't find theese 3 mushrooms, can it be a glitch? Thanks!

I could be wrong, but the best I've figured out is that regeneration is dependant not only on when you sleep, but where as well. Try sleeping in each camp and then look again and see if they don't appear. Let us know if they do.

posted in Hero of the Kingdom on Mar 30, 15 8:55 AM
If you like this game as much as I do, you've probably created your own goals to achieve in subsequent replays. I think it would be fun to share such goals for others to play and/or try to beat. Please do share yours as well.

For example, this round, I am trying to see just how frugal I can be and how far I can get before I absolutely must purchase something to proceed. It is much more difficult! I had to restart three times before finally unlocking the crates and barrels at what I think is the bare minimum.I'm betting someone else can get farther spending less.

My play thus far is hidden in this spoiler-proof text (highlight to read): After purchasing the required rope per the game tutorial, I purchased a shovel, an axe, a torch, another rope, and five baskets before completing the hunting trading camp quest which unlocks the crates and barrels. I'm wondering if I could've done it without buying the baskets.

A few other ideas, (also hidden so as not to influence your creativity), are:
X amount of Gold in X amount of Time, i.e. 10K before finding Dad
X Amount of X Item upon Completion, i.e. selling as few fish as possible
Prohibited from Buying, Collecting, or Selling) X Item, i.e. no buying fruit to use at camp.

Share your goals below so we all have another excuse to spend even more time playing!

posted in Hero of the Kingdom II on Mar 26, 15 7:04 AM
I too noticed the seemingly lack of regeneration of collectibles compared to the first game; however I have found one trick. In the first game, things regenerate after sleeping, in this game, they do so after exiting and saving the game. You don't need to Quit and exit the screen altogether. Just use the door icon on the top right corner, save as prompted, from the home screen, hit play, and you will find at least two, if not more, of most items (eggs, mushrooms, wild game), have regenerated. Hope that helps.

posted in Hero of the Kingdom II on Mar 26, 15 6:59 AM
bessiegirl wrote:This is a definite no buy. Good grief, everything is very small and all these little dialog boxes pop up...very slow. I also notice there was no place to identify you as a player...odd. Seemed like a very old style game. I was certainly not impressed with the graphics, colors or the animations. Yuck...maybe a 1 out of 5 for me. Couldn't even get past the demo. Time waster.

This post summarizes the reasons I love this game! No hand-holding; no insipid piles of junk to sort through, (who puts fish in a mailbox?!); no sparkling arrows to show you hidden items, (what is the point in that?); no need to identify yourself as a player - you ARE the character; no cartoon animations; no mindless pointing and clicking. It's absolutely fine for people not to like this game, as they have hundreds of other options to choose from. Those of us who prefer to figure things out for ourselves desperately need more games like this one.

posted in Hero of the Kingdom II on Mar 26, 15 6:54 AM
Ten stars! This is a truly wonderful and unique game both in terms of play and value. Though the game never really ends given its non-linear nature and random patterns which allow for infinite replay; were one to determine an end point, based on plot and achievements, it still offers five times the playing hours of most other Adventure HOGs. Every time I think it is nearing the end, a large portion of the map opens providing hours more play. The only "drawback" to the game, if there is one, is my inability to stop playing it. I've posted a more complete review on the game download page, in hopes it will convince others to play. I am posting here in the hopes it will convince the game makers and Big Fish to offer more games like this one, and to beg you not to change anything. It is easier to list the absence of things that cause me to I prefer this game over the hundreds of other games attempting to follow this format and failing miserably.
Lack of Large Cartoonish Graphics: The graphics in this sequel are perfect. I really liked the graphics in the first game, as small as they are. The more the graphics change, the larger the chance players who start on later editions are put off by earlier ones. I really do not want to see future editions with larger, cartoonish graphics that ruin so many other potentially decent games.
Lack of Long, Boring, Opening Sequence & Irritatingly Slow Tutorial:
When I download a 60 minute trial, I don't want to spend a minute, much less five, watching some stupid backstory video. I want to know what the goal is through playing and what the gameplay is like. This game gives both within the first two minutes of hitting the Play button. Though one is receiving a game play tutorial, it comes through actually playing the game and is just as fun the 40th time as it is the first.
Lack of annoying scene transitions : For the most part, the game seamlessly flows through one area to the next. There are a few places in which there is a bit more dialogue, yet it is still minimal.
Lack of Characters Telling What to Do Next : To clear, I'm not referring to quest, as obviously someone has to inform the player of the quest; I'm referring to games in which the minute a goal is given, some character pops up telling me how to achieve the goal. Those games truly are “Point & Click”, as that is all one does. There is no thinking involved.

I've reached my limit so I end w/ Please give us more!

posted in Hero of the Kingdom II on Mar 26, 15 6:15 AM
I understand the tools appear in random locations; however it seems there is a limited number of locations in which they randomly appear. For me, the first time through, they appeared at the first street light when entering the slums and the first set of rocks, across from the Monk, in the Mercenary camp location. As people play through, we should be able to compile a list of locations.

posted in Hero of the Kingdom II on Mar 26, 15 6:12 AM
memawclay2 wrote:I think the trigger for manure availability is only after you have finished building your ship, become Captain, gotten 5 friends and 5 slum workers for crew and are then tasked to stock the ship with supplies.
At least that's how it worked for me.

Yep. This is how it worked for me as well.

posted in Hero of the Kingdom on Mar 24, 15 6:29 AM
SPOILER ALERT
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Upon completion of finding the five eggs and giving them to the master hunter as per the quest, he will tell you how to hunt bears and crocodiles as well as "how to find" treasure. The last part is not really a "how to" , it is simply that the remaining treasures become visible upon completing this quest. There are some treasures provided prior to completing this quest (I had five treasures before I found the 5th egg).

posted in Hero of the Kingdom on Mar 24, 15 6:25 AM
There is a quest you must meet before all of the treasures will be available to you. I found five of the treasures before completing the quest; however as this is a non-linear game and I have only played through one time, my experience may differ from yours. If you seek spoilers, they are included in this post http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/382543.page#5973380

posted in 12 Labours of Hercules III: Girl Power on Mar 19, 15 5:38 AM
I'm in the same boat, except I made it within 200 points one time, but can't for the life of me remember how I did it.

I've tried a lot of different ways, and I wonder if I'm now stuck on one set way, as it is the closest I've come. I keep thinking that I've made just one wrong move each time.

Let me know if you beat it, get closer or think you've found a trick, will ya'?

posted in 12 Labours of Hercules III: Girl Power on Mar 10, 15 7:19 AM
3.9 - beat Developer's Score by six points thanks to this advice:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/360770.page#5955317

posted in 12 Labours of Hercules III: Girl Power on Mar 10, 15 7:18 AM
riceredbrown wrote:Here's what I did, pretty much in order:
Upgraded the workshop all the way, cleared to the center sapling, then to the obelisk, (build the obelisk), upgraded the home once, then built the lair and started mining gold while clearing first to the other workshop, then to the pointer. I cut every single tree, and only used the more resources bonus, and tried to have someone mining constantly. Barely beat the developers time in expert by 4 points.

Whoo Hoo! Beat it by six points! Thank you very much!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator