Posts created by bedheadkg

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 18, 09 10:20 AM
You should be able to just pick the meat back up from where you put it down for the wolf. I did exactly the same thing, didn't occur to me to defrost it!

Demo is downloading Not sure enough I'll like it to shell out $19.99 for it without trying it, but hopefully I'll know after I've played the demo!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 16, 09 5:09 AM
If you've got to the end and the game hasn't finished then you've missed something. What do you have in your inventory?

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ on Dec 12, 09 9:23 AM
polexia wrote: Better to have just either had a CE at 19.99 and release it retail or apart from other games (in a very obvious way, including putting the price on the postcard) than to divide everyone into the CE's and EC's.

But then those of us fishies who aren't based in the USA wouldn't have had access to the CE at all. I'm in the UK and I've never seen a retail version of any of the MCF games here, with the exception of Millionheir. To me the only possible mistake Big Fish made was the staggered release, maybe next time it would be better to release both versions simultaneously.

I have a 2 year old laptop that was a long way from top of the range when I bought it, and I didn't have any problem running the game so I don't think it's true to say you need a gamers computer for it, sorry you couldn't get it to run on your machine.
I don't think this is going to be the last MCF, there are clues about the next game in Dire Grove, so I think there will be at least one more.

I agree that there is something we haven't found. What we have found doesn't seem to match up with Picman's clues (Charles did what?). The phone message suggests that we have to click somewhere to uncover a secret about RTR but I don't know where!!

That's exactly what I was looking for to start with, like a swiss army type knife, then I thought it might be a stanley knife, but no, it was a little tiny craft knife thingie!! Sometimes I think it would be handy if the games came with an American English dictionary

I think it is something to do with Ravenhearst, and I think the phone message is too. The man with the inky bird is either Charles, or Victor, what bird is more inky (black) than a Raven? I think there is something else to find, we have to click somewhere in the dark to find it, no idea where though!!!

Purplerabbit wrote:I haven't made all the achievements (I didn't get the videotape achievement, even though I watched all the videos!) and puzzled over the puzzle right at the end, but do we get the promised secrets about past and future MCF games (Victor did what??!!!)?

I'm really feeling that I have paid mostly for the early release and not much else.

I'm kind off feeling the same. I only really bought the CE for the promised MCF secrets but so far I'm not seeing them! I think the lighthouse map/picture is the lighthouse on the cliff in rtr but I wanted WAY more secrets than that!

Big Fish have said that if you buy the CE edition and it won't run for you they will refund the $19.99.
Did you play HE Devils Triangle? the spec for the two games is the same, so if that worked ok Dire Grove should be ok too

Thank you so much!!! You are right BBFinesse, I googled Exacto knife and that's exactly what I was looking for, just like a scalpel. Found it pretty quickly once I knew what I was looking for!

Thank you! That's a stanley knife here as well! To me a Utility knife is a big cooking knife. I'll go have another look for it.

I think this might just be an issue with different words having slightly different meanings in the USA and the UK but I can't find the Utility knife! I'm on my second play through and I'm trying to get the achievement for not using any hints so I REALLY don't want to press that button. Anyone describe what they would expect it to look like, or even better tell me where it is!

You don't have to create the fish for the trap door, you find them in secret hidden object screens. One of them will appear when you give the crisps to the wolf, to get the other one smash the rabbit by the generator untill it's head falls off, then microwave its head!

You don't need to break the chips, just feed them to the wolf

Fantastic game, beautifully done and the story line was just the right balance between fantasy and reality. Loved the ending as well which was a bonus as so many games have disapointing endings. The CE seems to be great value for money, have finished the game once but there are loads of things to go back and look for so I'll be busy for a while.

If I can join the nitpickers though, ICE FISHING?????? Even in North Yorkshire we don't get even nearly enough ice for an ice fishing hut, I know the banshee was making it very cold but she'd not been released long enough for someone to come along and build on the ice!!!

If you still need a fire try going for a walk back to the car, and keep the axe handy

If you weren't a member then you wouldn't be able to buy the CE at all, it's an exclusive for members only. The standard version is out early Dec.

Dying of impatience here, left it downloading while I walked my daughter to nursery school and came back to find the internet had disconected at 12% so I'm now sitting waiting for it to finish.

Sinsaint wrote:
AnnBy wrote:40's is older!

Actually, we are among the younger set here.

I feel like the baby of the group. 32 here.... well, 33 December 5th.

That make me the baby! I'm not 32 till February.

That's exactly what I thought, can you imagine the chaos if he'd left us hanging? Would have been very funny

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator