Posts created by Short_Starfish

posted in Grim Tales: The Bride Collector's Edition on Aug 6, 11 9:29 PM
I liked it - not loved. I get a bit wary when I finish a demo quite quickly as I've then bought the game and found only another hour's play for my $10 (NZD) so I check the walkthrough to see how far I've got. As this doesn't have a walkthrough I thought I'd ask.

posted in Grim Tales: The Bride Collector's Edition on Aug 5, 11 11:15 PM
How long would you estimate gameplay? Haw many normal chapters? I finished the demo in just under 40mins on hardcore (not really that hard).

posted in Nightmare Realm on Jul 29, 11 3:57 AM
So finished the limited trial at 40mins. For those fishies who have finished or those who bought CE how far along is the limited trial and realistically how much game play? I've had limited trials before where I've finished in 1/2 and when I've looked at the walkthrough game looks to be about another 1hr max so not worth the $$$$.

It's sad when a series comes to an untimely end. After being burned on Boor of Air (too short, simple) I downloaded the trial of Book of Water hoping that BFG had listened and things had been lifted back to the standard of the first 3 DCs. But no, this one is worse especially the constant being told what to do - drove me nuts - and the length, from what i am reading here is way too short for a decent game. They either need to improve and re-release or let the series die as it feels like they've run out of steam.

posted in Reading the Dead on Feb 14, 11 10:23 PM
JPB - Just plain boring. No atmosphere, lame story and been there, done that. No sale.

posted in World Mosaics 4 on Feb 13, 11 10:32 PM
I have the other WMs but this is a no buy for me. Way to many 10x10s made it very boring, neon green was disconcerting and I agree not a fan of the numbers nor having no timer. Wouldn't even buy it as a discount game. Pity WM had to end this way.

posted in Phantasmat on Feb 7, 11 12:17 AM
Loved it, loved it, loved it! The M3/**** switch is great 'cause I get bored with too much ****. Great graphics and spooky but not too much with a good length of play. I played extreme which was just right for me. AND then timothya says there's more than one ending??

posted in Spirit Seasons: Little Ghost Story on Jan 22, 11 3:28 PM
Judging by the walkthrough I have about 15 mins left of game play as I was 1/2 way through Chapter 5 on advanced mode when the trial ended. Too short for my liking and the game play and story were not engaging/interesting enough. No sale.

And other well done here. Just finished over 6hrs of game play and well worth it. Did have to use the walkthrough a couple of times and the second to last puzzle was a doozy. Right up there with Dire Grove and Drawn as all time favourite. Way to go BFG.

barbee44 wrote:

Gas here in NY is 3,27 a gall.

On a lighter note petrol here (gas to you in the US) is USD$5.23 gal.

I like the TS series and will probably buy as an se just to complete the collection even though by the reading of some reviews it's probably only a 2-21/2hr game play.
I like the construction type game play but do agree the change of cursor when an item is found gives the game away too easily.
And on the subject of CEs I've only bought 2, one by mistake and Drawn ark Flight because I just could not wait. I currently have a list of 3 that I am waiting for the se's to come out because I found there was no real extra value in paying an extra NZD$10 for the CE.
Well off to finish 13th Skull - hour 5 and counting.

posted in Azada ™ on Jan 5, 11 9:31 PM
Demiguise wrote:I'm getting very frustrated. I cannot play Shapes or Final Approach, as it won't let me rotate pieces (in Shapes) or access the arrows (in Final Approach). I had to use my skip orbs for the first Shapes puzzle and Final Approach, so I'm stuck at the second Shapes now, and can't go any further. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, both from the site and from my backup disc. Is there any patch or fix that I can use so that I can finally get on with this game (I've had it for about two years, now!)?

I have the same problem. The shapes puzzle will not let me rotate or even move the pieces. I can do everything else but am stuck on this one. Any help out there?

posted in Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower on Dec 31, 10 9:38 PM
I like the puzzle adventure style so did enjoy the trial of this game. I was thinking about buying but on checking the walkthrough I only have 1 more chapter to go so no buy for me as way too short.

posted in Curse of the Ghost Ship on Dec 29, 10 2:37 AM
Another one here who may have liked this game as I like puzzle adventure with minimal HOG but after 15 mins I give up. Found the first HOG and bits of the broken wheel but after that, nada. Hint give you obvious clue but does not help solve the issue when you can't find the next step. ATM I know of 5 tasks to do with 1 part item in inventory and no clue as to how to proceed. And if, as another fishie states, the game is only 2hrs what's the point?

posted in Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium on Dec 23, 10 2:59 AM
Ditto
Excellent game - great graphics, good puzzles (had to use hints a few times but not frustrating), good length - and I can't wait for the sequel. Hopefully they keep up the quality and it is just as much fun.

posted in Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat on Oct 9, 10 3:18 PM
Had the 'save file corrupted' message with the CE version and customer support couldn't help. I was hoping that this version would have had that bug worked out but unfortunately not. A real pity 'cause I really want this game. Unfortunately also have the same problem with Redemption Cemetery which showed up after I have done the trial and bought it. No solution there either.

posted in Mystic Diary: Haunted Island on Aug 19, 10 1:23 AM
Same issue as a few other - cannot play the mini-games, can only wait until skip is available to move forward. Could have been a buy but for that. Has anyone got a solution for this issue?

posted in World Riddles: Seven Wonders on Aug 12, 10 1:06 AM
I can't even get started. I can't type a player name into the box so it won't let me start. I changed the batteries in the keyboard in case but I can use the keyboard outside of this game. I had to shut down my whole computer to get out of the game, C+A+D couldn't even get me out. I'm not keen to try again if this is what happens.

posted in Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air on Jul 9, 10 5:56 AM
I have the 3 Dream Chronicles. So on that basis I bought The Book of Air. Basically it seems the game has run out of steam. The trees puzzle is one dimensional and a real disappointment with the others being barely better. Overall It is way too short and simplistic and I doubt I'll buy the next one without waiting for the reviews and walkthrough to check length and challenge.

posted in Ancient Adventures - Gift of Zeus on Jun 22, 10 9:28 PM
Yep me too - sent back to main screen every time after playing a mingame. Gave it 15 mins and then the bin. It's not worth persisting with.

posted in Ancient Adventures - Gift of Zeus on Jun 22, 10 9:23 PM
Yep I'd have to agree. Boring and a problem with the game returning to the start screen everytime a minigame is completed.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator