Posts created by doofus09

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jun 26, 15 7:50 PM
There is some sort of window layering issue, whereby items in the grounds get selected when we're on another screen. It used to happen to a manor or two and not everyday. Lately, nearly every daily reward screen has that problem. Also in neighbours section, the tap picks up something from the grounds instead of pinning someone or accepting an invite. It does not take much time to cancel the edit and return to neighbours, but why should this occur?

DM should just remove that constant edit feature, and put in an edit button.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jun 22, 15 2:25 AM
Just received this notification from Dark Manor. Is this some sort of hint?

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jun 16, 15 7:13 AM
Eli is right about needing to link DM to FB for a different avatar. However, the selection of profile pic seems quite random. One of my manors has had its FB profile pic changed several times. When viewed from my other manors, each one has a different pic.

As to the blank squares, it happens off and on. On the upside, when it happens, it loads the neighbours much faster.

ETA: The latest blank avatars could be a change. For the last two days, I've noticed that my name doesn't appear below "connect now". Maybe the devs are finally giving us what we requested, removal of real names and photos. Or maybe it's just a bug.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jun 13, 15 12:38 AM
Why is DM no longer having these sales notices on iPad, only on PC?

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 21, 15 6:48 AM
Abbietweets wrote:So what happens now to all of us who paid 10 Gold? Hardly fair is it?

Did the game actually deduct any gold?

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 21, 15 12:26 AM
Wow! 20 minutes and the limited offer gemini statue is now out of stock! This must be a record.

ETA: It's back but without the 50% off tag.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 12, 15 6:00 PM
I don't think a restart is necessary. I have seen two notices. One says the game needs to be downloaded again, the other is something about graphics. Which one appears depend on which icon is selected, DM or BFG. X that and give it a few minutes for the BFG app to load fully. Select play again, and it should work.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 6, 15 3:27 AM
I have the banner on PC only, not iPad.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 3, 15 2:57 PM
Game Centre was disabled a long time ago from DM, so that's moot now.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 2, 15 9:00 PM
What about messages?

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 2, 15 8:23 PM
Do you have all your neighbours showing? If there is a "Load More" tab at the end of the list, you have more than what is shown. Selecting that tab will also load older invites.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on May 1, 15 3:01 PM
I'm quite sure wolflady deletes her neighbours after she gets a gift. Maybe the others did the same?

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 28, 15 8:28 PM
Check out this thread:

List of categorical bonus groupings (animals, foods, locations, etc.)

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 27, 15 10:49 PM
susukaram wrote:
Question: if the neighbor is unpinned if he or she send you gifts, it appears in your income?

Pinning has no effect on gifts.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 27, 15 10:25 PM
I would much rather it gave gold . . .

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 27, 15 10:21 PM
I gave up written lists a long time ago - too much like work. I do the same as some, gift then pin. When I go through the whole list, I unpin everyone and start again. I tried the gift and unpin method but it gets too confusing with multiple manors.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 27, 15 7:33 AM
The quest for 10 gold bars is for the premium scene, so I don't think you're being cheated out of them. Completing each chapter has different rewards. The game is quite generous in giving out gold bars for levelling up, and there are sales to stretch gold that bit further. Early on, try to complete some of the achievements, and buy the ??? machines. They spit out gold off and on. Constant play will yield maybe 10 gold bars a day.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 26, 15 10:08 PM
The timers on walkers and attractions gets reset after collecting. It is only free gifts that get reset at 10pm PST.

Also, I don't think there is a limit to the number of neighbours. It just gets really difficult to see them after loading 500.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 26, 15 7:23 PM
Theorem wrote:How did you know about the cauldrons??? ;-)

Experience! As I removed items from inventory, the game gradually got lighter and faster. I didn't really have many types of item, but what I had were large multiples. Must have had more than 500 morada flowers at one point.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Apr 25, 15 6:25 PM
Try reducing inventory as well. It affects the start of the game, loading the social section and returning to the manor from scenes or social section. A hundred cauldrons in inventory means the game has to load each and every cauldron each time it's refreshed.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator