Posts created by thurber

posted in Rooms of Memory on Aug 7, 17 12:22 AM
For me this was the most loathsome offer yet! I'd play that sweets one before I'd ever play this again. As others have said, drop rate ridiculous and items almost impossible to find. White Lady never again!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Aug 7, 17 12:19 AM
Billye, it may be that those items appear in your gift box only after you have run out of them.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Aug 4, 17 7:14 PM
I am Billye. I'm going crossed-eyed!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jul 11, 17 8:23 PM
If anyone is around at this late hour, I could use some help with the ice dragon. Thanks neighbors!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jul 4, 17 4:11 PM
Ouch! Hope you will heal quickly!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jun 21, 17 3:52 PM
I can get legends with Firefox but not with Edge or IE.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jun 8, 17 4:12 PM
Evalm, that's really clever.

Here's what works for me but is probably silly. I don't get the whirling dots of doom anymore, but the game does just sit there in loading mode a lot. If the ROM logo does not come up when the game starts to load, I know it ain't gonna' do it and I have to refresh.

If the logo comes up but loading stalls forever, I click the game screen. Most of the time it will advance. Sometimes I have to click two or three times, but it eventually works.

Another thing I'll do is go into community and mess about in the forum for a few minutes then go back to the loading screen. Many times it will finish.

I'm using Firefox.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jun 3, 17 8:48 PM
Indeed, the subject of gifting comes up every now and then, and there's probably no right way to do it.

For me, I gift all non-sleepers every day whether their wish list is empty or not. it's the one thing I can do for my neighbors besides helping with expeditions, to show my appreciation and even with over 100 neighbors, some are always sleeping so I never run out of freebies. There are reasons why a wish list might be empty. Perhaps a neighbor is redoing their list which won't show until they refresh their game. Perhaps they forgot. Perhaps they are more into competitions.

For an empty wish list I give flints, ores, or buttons (when available). Everyone can use these.

I'm not picky about most things, but unlike my more relaxed neighbors, I am picky about gifting. I pay attention to wish lists: I never mass gift. It takes very little time to gift. I dislike receiving things not on my list. There are always freebies. I do not want charges for current offers (unless on the list) and I do not want those swirly things. I appreciate flints and ores. If a neighbor gives me some offbeat thing, I give it right back. If that continues, I eventually delete them.

It might be better if I had the same philosophy that some of my neighbors have - any gift is a good gift. But I try hard to give my neighbors what they ask for and I expect the same from them. That said, I'm very grateful for my wonderful neighbors!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Jun 3, 17 7:58 PM
I always get excited about new offers, thinking the room will be beautiful and fun to explore. More often than not, I'm sorely disappointed. The developers seem to make little effort anymore to be clever and creative. "Make objects tiny" seems to be their motto. This is one more offer I'll not do again, although I did like Ursala's 40 experience points.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 24, 17 1:20 AM
I rather liked this room.

Most objects were cleverly placed not just made tiny and fuzzy. Had trouble with the oil can though. The room was colorful not mostly dark and dingy. Using a talisman I had no trouble with the drop rate. I liked the 40 experience points from helping the hunter at neighbors, and that even buying food only cost 200 coins per, since the hunter gave back 800.

I agree that the drop rate for clods was horrid, but I'd gladly do this room again in preference to some of the other offers we've had.

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 13, 17 4:01 PM
Thanks so much, clm and vernonia! Yes, clm, I think you and I go back to almost the beginning when we lived and died by strawberry jam for energy. Vernonia, ex-Oregonian who lived not too far from me, we've been neighbors a long time too. I appreciate both of you as well as my other generous neighbors who have made it possible for me to get to 1000.

I'm especially remembering today all those who smoothed my path and made me laugh but who no longer play. I miss you!

Many, many thanks to all! Sheesh, it looks like a long way to 1001...........

posted in Rooms of Memory on May 5, 17 7:20 PM
I'll feed the cat!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 23, 17 10:53 PM
You're back?! Hooray! Alas, I was not one of the patient ones, but I'd love to have to back in my neighborhood if you're so inclined - dYYyZG.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Feb 12, 17 5:08 PM
I, too, am very very happy to have you back!!!

Saturnina has been asleep since 12/18, and librarian since 1/30 (recent).

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 18, 16 11:54 PM
Absolutely, Clash! Am sending you an invite now. Folks, Clash is a wonderful neighbor!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 12, 16 9:40 PM
Sir G, Rumbi is not knowledgeable. She is one of the dumbest players ever!

You will regret having her in your neighborhood unless you want someone who is supportive, someone who will help you in any way she can, and someone who is one adorable, talented (yes, knowledgeable), and wacko lady (in the nicest way possible).

Just what we need around here!. Sooo nice to have you back, Rumbi!!!

On the 12th day of Christmas the Forum gave to me,
Rumbi!
That's all..

Oh wait - faximilli too! A two star day!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 11, 16 7:01 PM
Too bad. Beautiful room. Impossible to find items. Won't do it again. There are now more that I won't do than those I will. Again, too bad. Is this where the line forms for the eye doctor appointments???

posted in Rooms of Memory on Dec 10, 16 1:48 PM
Not sure where you're clicking, Phoenix, but if you hover over the plus sign it will say "buy." If you hover over the magnifying glass it will say "explore." You can choose which to do. If you click the magnifying glass it wil take you to the fish market.

The only reason I can think of that you could not go to the room is if you do not yet have Japan open. If that is the case, your only option would be to buy the giant shrimp.

Hope this helps.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 28, 16 8:44 PM
Geez Jez - you're amazing! And I agree - a great question Rylj. Thanks!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 19, 16 7:55 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that she is back in the hospital. But don't worry - fur babies come first! Your place in my neighborhood will always be there.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator