Posts created by mpendo

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Nov 28, 17 8:21 AM
I, too, am confused about that. It flashes so fast that I cannot read it. This happens about once every couple of hours. It would be helpful to know what it is and how to take advantage of it.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Oct 15, 17 4:40 AM
jodylync - B. T. Barnham said it best "There's a sucker born every minute".

Perhaps new 'innocent' players do come in, BUT when your hardcore fans leave in droves, you are in trouble.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Oct 15, 17 4:06 AM
Mikestoker - where's our computer expert when we need them? If in doubt - REBOOT. Then maybe ?

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Oct 10, 17 11:07 PM
I agree that the '1' or occasional '2' is some kind of glitch and meaningless. I ignore it. I agree with Fred, just sit and wait and amass coin for the next world.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Aug 6, 17 12:42 AM
Good on you. Difficult but not impossible. Keep on keeping on. Congrats sarosas!

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Aug 6, 17 12:38 AM
So true BoujeFedankt..

Me too. My favorite boost of all is trinkets. Totally helpful in almost any board. And such a bargain cost.

As for seeing ahead 2 or 3 moves, beyond me perhaps but yes I do have some intuition as how my fireflies will advance on my board (?). But there no predicting what fireflies will drop from above. So part luck, part skill.

Lovin' this game.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Aug 6, 17 12:17 AM
I'll got back and check but probably same advise sharosas. But my strategy for 87 still stands. Just persevere. It all takes time you know (some wise person said that).

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Aug 5, 17 10:57 AM
Hi sharosa.

World 6 Level 87 is particularly difficult. I went back and replayed this twice without boosts to try to remember what I did (6 or 7 tiles left at the end). I think I went in with what I call 'all guns blazing' - which is a trinket and the set of 3 rockets ("Red Rocket Glare'). With luck once you enter that board, one of your three rockets are beside a trinket. Mate them and wreak havoc. Try to do that a second and possibly a third time.

This costs 130 for 3 trinkets and 340 for 3x3 Red Rocket Glare. So 470 total BUT you have 2 more of each for other difficult levels!

I personally rarely try to gain coin by playing 2nd and 3rd tiers on any level. I just go in a few times a day and mine my gold in Witchville, play the Arena and transfer some fireflies via the balloon. Might take you a week? but who cares. Slow and steady wins...

Cheers

Hope some of this helps you.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Aug 3, 17 4:47 PM
I don't see the advantage of being able to see all the boosts you have in hand as it only matters what boosts you are allowed on that level, the choice of grabbing either 1, 2 or all 3 offered on the way in and the 3 offered below the board any time you want.

What I do find to be a good feature of the game is that you can go in and study the board as many times as you like without losing a heart as long as you exit without making a move. This allows you to make a strategy of which combination of boosts might greatly help you win difficult levels.

I will often play a difficult level a few times without boosts and lose, just so I can see where the tricky parts are. That way I can choose my boosts wisely to maximize the probability of winning with the boosts I have picked. There is nothing worse than burning up boosts and not winning.

My favorite combination of 2 boosts to pick up on the way in is a trinket and a 3 pack of fireworks ( costs ~ 150 coins) (works well if you need a high score and/or have a lot of tiles and blocks to clear). Often you can mate a trinket with a firework 2 or 3 times and really clear a board in a series of major explosions!

Good luck to all.

Cheers.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Aug 1, 17 8:27 AM
Hey Aquapolitane, don't despair. I only dabble with the 5 event tournaments and just play without using any boosts and rarely win. The 10 event tournaments I can sometimes win or at least win some boosts. But the chests dropping tourney was a big gain for me, save up some coin and boosts for rocky roads ahead. I have done the first five worlds four times because my computer kept crashing every few weeks so I guess I got better with all the repetition (haha).

I'm currently finishing up Haunted Carnival so I can't advise you on level 52 in Viking Village. Anyone?

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Jul 31, 17 5:55 PM
Good day Aquapolitane.

If you don't do the forum and don't do the tournaments you are missing out of a lot of coins and boosts that are relatively easy to obtain without using any boosts. I am currently close to the end of the Haunted Carnival and am sitting on 22,000 coins. I only play any level two times (and lose) and maybe go in and out to figure out my strategy, then I go in with all guns blazing.

I have never spent any real dollars on this game (sorry devs), too easy for me.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Jul 29, 17 9:45 AM
I agree gohill - buckets of fun and so many rewards! I have played fourteen times so far and have won (in coins and boosts):

Round 1 150
Round 2 255
Round 3 350
Round 4 570
Round 5 790

After 5th round, I paid 60 coin to play again without waiting 1/2 hour. Big mistake. I ended up paying 160 coin to finish and only netted 85 coin .

Round 6 85
Round 7 255
Round 8 350
Round 9 590
Round 10 695
Round 11 -15
Round 12 85
Round 13 405
Round 14 520

The boosts are hammers, trinkets or wands and the occasional Defreeze boost - all of which I use frequently.

So all in all I'm up the equivalent of 4890 coins and only 3 more tourneys to go.

Happy happy.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Jul 21, 17 8:14 PM
Same strategy sharosas. Earn your coins and save up for the really difficult levels. Slow and steady wins at the end of the day.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Jul 14, 17 8:32 PM
What bugs me is that whenever the moderators interfere in a thread, the thread goes dead. Folks are reluctant to reply after even though the thread is still open. I would suggest Mods just let threads proceed, without comment.

Quite frankly, the best help is from fellow players.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Jul 9, 17 8:08 PM
Me too gohill. I take my time, win the arena every day, save up boosts and coins, then when I'm ready - I tackle the tough stuff. Slow and steady wins in the end. (Due to computer crashes, this is my forth time through the first 6 worlds. I still enjoy playing.).

Cheers

posted in Heart's Medicine: Time to Heal Collector's Edition on Jul 9, 17 12:17 PM
There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Thx for your posts. They help those of us who are just starting out.

Cheers

I think it's a glitch. Ah well, you all did everything so congrats.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Jun 7, 17 7:47 PM
Elementary my dear Watson.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Jun 3, 17 12:05 PM
I agree with you gohill - I love the arena!

My strategy is to play the villains in order until I loose a fight. Then I just go on to the next. Usually I can defeat the next one. Then I go play my levels until the timer is up and go back and defeat another one.

There is no logic as to why this strategy works so well but I almost never use a hammer and by the end of the morning I have gotten my lavender chest which is the sweetest prize.

Cheers

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Jun 1, 17 5:42 PM
This is a very useful thread.

Of course not every boost is available on every level. So, on the difficult levels, I would suggest one plays the level a few times and looses without stressing. Then think about which combination of boosts would really come in handy (combination of 'on the way in' and 'in game').

That said, after you make a commitment on the way in, it would be nice to have a favorable start board and lucky drops but get what you get. At that point I usually invest in hammers etc. to create boosts that line up so that I can mate them together.

All in all, it's important to know your board, then utilize as few boosts as possible to win.

Easy peasy right? Not.

Good luck to all.

Cheers

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator