Posts created by Dirk_Tee

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 28, 17 4:36 AM
It is a known problem.
If you customize it to yellow after Pirate's Day, it disappears.
It will reappear when the snow starts to fall (in the game).

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 28, 17 2:57 AM
My first guess is that your antique rating may be too low; it needs to be at least 1000 to enter the museum. Check your rating by clicking on your profile icon (top left of the game screen).

If your rating is ok, the following thread may have the information you need:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/357491.page
The thread also has info on how to get a higher rating.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 28, 17 2:46 AM
To do that you have to create an account in the game on your old computer.

Click on the gears
Then choose settings
Choose account
Now create an account with your e-mail and a password you choose.
Save your game.

Install the game on your new computer.
Start the game.
Click on the gears
Choose settings.
Click on login.
Use your e-mail and password to login.
You're done.

And a warning: many players have reported problems when creating more than one account on the same computer.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 27, 17 2:22 AM
As Oddly said, there is a thread on this forum called "Helpful Links for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'". In one of the messages there is a link called "Plane, AES Door, World Cities, Blue Prints & Mini Scenes--- GUIDE". This has all the information you seek, and more.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Nov 3, 17 5:00 AM
Here is a detailed one from 2015:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/602120.page

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 27, 17 2:00 AM
I think the rock was found in the Red Mine

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 26, 17 2:05 PM
You have probably lost the rock because you did not play the two quests in one session.
Replay the city where you found the rock and see if you win it again.
Then immediately go to the Junkyard to open the scene.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 26, 17 2:01 PM
Each part is won on a slot machine.
You need to know on which machine you did not yet win a part.
Play that slot until you match 3, that will give you the missing part.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 26, 17 1:01 AM
This is normal.
The first four days each have one quest: to visit Romania in a certain mode.
The next five days each have a quest to find one specific Halloween collectible.
The last day has a quest that asks you to turn in the Halloween collection.
That is all there is to it.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 24, 17 11:55 AM
You can only buy them in the auction, buy them with gold (in your inventory) or win them on the coin slot machine if you are very lucky.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 22, 17 2:23 AM
Experience points are for leveling up.
In the top right corner of your screen you can see how many points you have, and how many you need to level up.
Reaching higher levels unlocks areas, makes new features available and starts new quest series.

You can exchange messages with friends and give each other keys (these buy you resources and keepsakes). Getting more firends gets you extra rewards.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 22, 17 1:52 AM
Click on the vehicle. You can now choose between all the available vehicles.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 18, 17 9:55 AM
No buildings need upgrading for the Halloween event.
All quests involve flying to Romania.
What you need:
- airplane fixed
- lots of fuel (Romania takes 3 fuel for each visit)
- Professional level in Romania to play Picky Shopper mode.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Oct 6, 17 2:57 AM
Let me guess: you changed the Hardware Store (the building you are now missing) to the yellow decoration after the Pirate's Day event, right ?

It is a known issue that this particular building disappears after doing that. It will come back when the snow starts to fall (in the game, not outside).

Unfortunately, the moderator has only given you a general answer for technical problems and immediately locked the thread, so I couldn't answer your question directly and had to create a new thread.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 30, 17 2:55 PM
Pirate decorations: if it showed 24/31, it looks like a whole area was not converted to pirate theme. Did you maybe miss a day ?
I recognise the decorations by their names in "pirate talk".

Pet accessories: no worries: 17 is the maximum you can buy, you can't reach 30.

Pirate collections: I got credited immediately for every collection that I turned in last year. But I cannot remember whether I had to turn in every collection once for Odin AND once for the Pirate Quest, or just one time. Maybe someone else knows the answer to this ?

Fix the game: more than a year ago, someone wanted to do that (for free), but couldn't get BigFish and Boomzap to agree.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 30, 17 2:58 AM
If you have completed all the Pirate collections and redeemed them, you should have gotten credit for them in the last four days when the quests came up for each collection. You could have checked that by clicking on the Pirate's Day banner at the bottom of your screen. If you are certain you didn't get credit, I'm not sure what went wrong.

The only way to effectively complete the Pirate Day's event is to have all your buildings prepared before the event starts, have all the countries to at least Professional level and have enough fuel in stock to do the flying around. Otherwise you would need an enormous amount of gold to speed up the building & buy the fuel.
Only a few players have ever been able to finish Pirate's Day on their first try. All others have had to wait for next year.

The actual "crowning moment" is when you have gotten rid of Odin asking you to put each collection in the warehouse i.e. when you have collected and redeemed every collection at least once at the requested time.

No, the Orchard has no role in the PD event.

I recommend against 2 games on the same computer. A lot of players have reported problems doing that in the past. However, there is a way to restart your current game, keeping all your gold, coins and collections, but losing all the rest (food, keepsakes, resources, ...).

I think you have let yourself be driven by the quests too much. There is more to this game than just "following orders".

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 28, 17 2:08 PM
This last day, the drop rates were much better for me than on any of the previous days. Where it was approx. 1/3 before, it was around 2/3 today.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 28, 17 7:31 AM
MIA = Missing In Action

It means that the Shot of France was available in California but not anymore.
It can only be won when you have the quest to find it, but as soon as you accept the reward for the quest, the item disappears from the reward bar of the city.

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 28, 17 1:58 AM
All of them in Spain:

Crew - Spain- Fast
Sailor - Spain- Fast
Mermaid - Spain - Picture
Whale- Spain - Silhouette
Cthulhu- Spain - Picky

Today is the last day you can win them (until next year).

posted in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' on Sep 27, 17 6:45 AM
I am sorry to see you go. I have always valued your input.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator