Posts created by brewden1

posted in Farm Up on May 22, 14 3:01 PM
I liked Cupid WAY better than the roulette guy!! Taking away any really good chance at getting gold and energy will definitely limit my desire to play as much!

posted in Farm Up on May 22, 14 2:59 PM
Look at answer in "Found in bronze keys" thread

posted in Farm Up on May 22, 14 2:56 PM
I agree with everyone else here on the upgrade. I wish I would have known before I was going to lose cupid. I'm only on level 38 and have spent enough money on the game. I won't spend more. So my 4 hours of play time with probably only be every other week.

I also don't like the new button function or the roulette wheel odds. This was my favorite game...then came cupid and it was my all-time favorite!! I would set timers, or rearrange my schedule to hit things at the right time.

Also, I would leave my computer on for days, not closing the game so I could get more arrows. Now it doesn't matter. I'm not happy with those changes at all. The only thing I see of benefit is that my cities were restored. They had all started going offline one-by-one.

Bummer!

posted in Farm Up on May 22, 14 6:59 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the update!! I decided to just keep playing and storing up goods for when the fixes came through. I couldn't stop farming!! I did not know I needed to click "Update" and have played it for about a week, noticing changes. It was as if I had started over again with all the requests. I am on Level 38. When I got a request for something I already had (like the turkeys, or the ostrich), I just sold the one I had and bought a new one.

However, now Grandpa wants me to upgrade the lake. I've got it maxed, and it costs 35 gold coins to do it again. Actually, it would be more than that. I'd have to sell the lake; buy a new one with 80,000 silver, upgrade with 100,000 silver, and then upgrade with 35 gold. That's a pretty expensive proposition. Can I get around having to do that? With some of the other requests for things I already had, the achievement would be recognized when I achieved something else.

Also, I MUCH preferred Cupid. The roulette wheel costs coins after one spin, and the chances of you getting a stash of gold are very slim. Also, the wheel gives the game a 'Vegas" feeling, and seems more out of place on the farm than Cupid atop the barn.

But this is the best game by far I've ever played. It's quite addicting, and I've found myself scheduling activities based on what time the diner dish will be finished, and when the crops are ready for harvesting!

Thank you!

posted in Farm Up on May 22, 14 6:27 AM
I also found squash a great money-maker over night!

posted in Farm Up on Apr 21, 14 4:21 PM
So the fix is temporary; it worked last night and I had to do it again today.

posted in Farm Up on Apr 21, 14 7:17 AM
I did the fix for the continue button--and it worked!! Yeah!!! But today I noticed Kodiak cannot request shipments of products. Is that from changing the "1" to a "0"? Also, you said when done to make sure the hidden files were hidden again. How? It was easy to get to them with the windows key and "r".

posted in Farm Up on Apr 20, 14 9:28 PM
I had no more problem after cleaning the pen and fixing the fences.

posted in Farm Up on Apr 20, 14 8:37 PM
@phantomstarfish: you said to go back and make sure your hidden folders were hidden again. How? (It worked for me to just hold the windows and "r" key to get to them).

posted in Farm Up on Apr 20, 14 8:36 PM
When my animals disappeared or stopped producing, I cleaned up the pen and fixed the holes in the pens and the animals came back and started producing.

posted in Farm Up on Apr 20, 14 8:25 PM
Thank you!

posted in Farm Up on Apr 20, 14 7:28 PM
I had the game running (like I usually do), and went back to it a couple of hours later. It said Farm Up had stopped running, and there was no suggestion as to the problem. I quit the game, closed the Game Manager, shut down and restarted the computer (twice), and still cannot click "Continue". The other buttons work (Settings, etc), but not Continue. Anyone else having that problem?

posted in 12 Labours of Hercules on Mar 23, 14 9:56 PM
THANK YOU! I hadn't figured out the storage sheds had to be built and couldn't figure out how to get more gold! One try after reading your post got the job done!

posted in Farm Up on Feb 10, 14 6:43 AM
I had lost sheep, a goat, a cow, and a couple of hens. Not only that, but the ones that were still in the pens were not eating, drinking or producing. I read through a couple of threads on the forum, went back and clicked on the empty nests, where the cows stood for milking and the sheep for shearing. And sure enough, once Grandma did one action, the rest that were left came for their turns. Thank you for the tips!

Next, I noticed the missing sheep, goat and cows appeared in the pen. And while collecting eggs from the second chicken pen, I noticed a hen walking across the yard. I tried clicking on it to see if I could put it back in its pen, but nothing happened. I watched it as it walked back into the pen it belonged to--walking right through one of the holes in the pen! Ding! Ding! Ding! I needed to repair the pen!! I hadn't been doing that on a regular basis; only did it at first because it looked better and another time for a quest. But still my animals weren't eating or drinking. I thought maybe if I cleaned the pen that might help. Voila!!! It did!

I don't think it's was much a glitch in the game as it is a glitch in my thinking. Because I only got one star for cleaning the pen and repairing the fence, I didn't think one energy cell was worth each action. But now I see (as in real life), it's a necessary part of keeping things rolling!

I'm going to see if this is a temporary or permanent fix. If this keeps my animals functioning as they're supposed to, then that's what I'll do. If not, I'll get back to you and let you know!

Thanks all you guys for all your help!

posted in Farm Up on Feb 10, 14 6:19 AM
I had lost sheep, a goat, a cow, and a couple of hens. Not only that, but the ones that were still in the pens were not eating, drinking or producing. I read through a couple of threads on the forum, went back and clicked on the empty nests, where the cows stood for milking and the sheep for shearing. And sure enough, once Grandma did one action, the rest that were left came for their turns. Thank you for the tips!

Next, I noticed the missing sheep, goat and cows appeared in the pen. And while collecting eggs from the second chicken pen, I noticed a hen walking across the yard. I tried clicking on it to see if I could put it back in its pen, but nothing happened. I watched it as it walked back into the pen it belonged to--walking right through one of the holes in the pen! Ding! Ding! Ding! I needed to repair the pen!! I hadn't been doing that on a regular basis; only did it at first because it looked better and another time for a quest. But still my animals weren't eating or drinking. I thought maybe if I cleaned the pen that might help. Voila!!! It did!

I don't think it's was much a glitch in the game as it is a glitch in my thinking. Because I only got one star for cleaning the pen and repairing the fence, I didn't think one energy cell was worth each action. But now I see (as in real life), it's a necessary part of keeping things rolling!

I'm going to see if this is a temporary or permanent fix. If this keeps my animals functioning as they're supposed to, then that's what I'll do. If not, I'll get back to you and let you know!

Thanks all you guys for all your help!

posted in 12 Labours of Hercules on Jan 24, 14 8:17 PM
Never mind--I FINALLY got it! I chopped down 2 or 3 trees, and waited until after the bridge was built on the left to use the HOP. Also, used the HOP the last time immediately after it was available, and this was just before the very last monster. I barely made it, but it seems as if all the characters move faster when the last section is built and they all run together!

Thanks for all your help, Audry and carrmcl!

posted in 12 Labours of Hercules on Jan 23, 14 5:49 PM
Also, even though I pre-click, and have the store built, I can't seem to have enough resources to finish the last bridge in time! I've even tried cutting all the trees, cutting some trees and cutting none. There seems to be too much time that's spent with the workers doing nothing...especially at the bridge right after pushing the button behind the first monster.

posted in 12 Labours of Hercules on Jan 23, 14 1:35 PM
Audrey and carrmcl--I noticed you both mentioned using HOP wisely. I must not be doing that. Should I click it whenever it's full? I don't really notice any speed up in resources when I click it--am I clicking at the wrong time?

posted in 12 Labours of Hercules on Jan 14, 14 10:35 PM
Aljensal, you are a genius! I worked on this for HOURS, and days! Thank you so much!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator