Posts created by chris_2_4

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 18, 15 7:11 AM
lorrainepugh1 wrote: I am unable to gift one of my friends but she is able to gift me can you help please,

As stated above, it could be that the friend has nothing on her wishlist now. However, if you are not seeing them at all in your friends list (as has happened to me on numerous occasions) I found that typing their name into the "search" window at the top of the friends page will often bring them up, with their wishes

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 18, 15 7:00 AM
tcarr048 wrote:I have quite a few gifts for friends but no friends. How do I add friends? My i.d is i1893486. Can I invite friends to play?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

HI TC, if you go to this thread, you can find friend codes, which you put into the "invite friends" window on the game
PC Friend Codes

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 20, 15 1:53 AM
Many thanks to my seemingly constant helpers:
Bree
Chandra
Andrearo
StephsMysticManor
Gloria
Lil
and Kat

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 10, 15 1:11 PM
severa hours now of "unable to connect to server" - maybe they closed it, to remove the spring quest?

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 2, 15 10:44 AM
chris_2_4 wrote:Nice to see the developers actually listen to comments Thanks BF for making the daily quests better, by adding things in further areas. It makes it much more enjoyable

HOWEVER - it is unfair to make part of those daily quests to do things like open that egg thing in the ice world, for which you need to collect those stones - and you can't get those stones because - unless you are on an actual quest - the HOS don't give you what you want; whether you follow a route to them or click on the item in the information list. Really, that has been a long time in fixing; please get onto it

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 1, 15 8:28 AM
Nice to see the developers actually listen to comments Thanks BF for making the daily quests better, by adding things in further areas. It makes it much more enjoyable

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 9, 15 8:12 AM
sbaker2318 wrote:Chris..........the Christmas cards and pets I am gifting until nobody needs them anymore.......then I will sell the rest........the ornaments I am just going to sell....cant use them now..........maybe next Christmas they will be needed but I am not going to hang on to them. ka-ching

About the eggs:
shame we can only hatch one of each - I would love to have an army of Yetis

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 9, 15 8:10 AM
kmbln wrote:I have contacted customer service several times because I cannot access my game. I have not received any replies. When I try to access the game it says there is an error in the programming so the game cannot be accessed. I received the standard message saying someone would get back to me in 24 to 72 hours for the first time several days ago. I was given Incident: 150106-000306. What can be done?

Hi there
They will initially tell you to download their Doctor Felix program and run it and send them the result, then they will tell you to uninstall the program (MC) completely - all parts in the BF folder, the MC folder and in Roaming - and then to reiinstall it. Don't worry about that, as your details are kept on their server, so you shouldn't lose anything.
So, save yourself time: uninstall it, use Ccleaner to get rid of all the dregs, then download and install it again

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 9, 15 8:07 AM
sbaker2318 wrote:Chris..........the Christmas cards and pets I am gifting until nobody needs them anymore.......then I will sell the rest........the ornaments I am just going to sell....cant use them now..........maybe next Christmas they will be needed but I am not going to hang on to them. ka-ching

Yes, seems like a good plan! (the ornaments will probably be different next year anyway.... Oh, that implies we foresee ourselves still playing in 2016!!! OMG!)

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 8, 15 12:42 PM
sbaker2318 wrote:Rosie....so glad for you!

Chris........yes, the wreaths not a problem with me....mine is the santa hats.

Ah well, today the old format came on (could not continue playing, as you can with some updates by ignoring them and clicking the X) so back to normal daily quests. Now - what do I do with all the hats, wreaths and baubles? Can I sell them, or may they become essential for something soon?

but, wanted to say a big THANK YOU to BFG for a nice Christmas scenario and the chance to fill my game coffers with gold and items And glad to see the flowers-to-coins glitch is still repaired. Happy New Year BFG, it was a fun season

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 6, 15 7:28 AM
Thanks for the warning, everyone, about that message - if I get it I will be sure to click on the X rather than the ok. How do you go about backing up the game? Just copy the entire folder somewhere else? Would that work for transfering the game to a new comp??

On another note: I love that the daily quest is currently cumulative, but is anybody else getting frustrated with getting everything but the one christmas thing you need (in my case, wreaths) when doing the scenes? I have just played through, needing 17 more wreaths to complete the quest again, and only received one from every HOS. Seems contrived to me

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 24, 14 3:54 AM
A general thank you to all my friends, and a
MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all!!

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 24, 14 3:50 AM
HI BF - just wanted to post something positive for you for a change: Thank you for fixing the coins; perhaps all we needed was to replace the flowers with something else
Will the "gifts" we get from HOS be usable sometime soon? Perhaps as special Christmas gifts to out friends??

Also, to everyone else: Merry Christmas!!!

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 9, 14 2:10 PM
Oh come on! Again? I had 6 santa hats to get and 73 hours left to do it, come back 4 hours later, just after midnight and there is a new bloody quest! Is your timer screwed up, or are you>

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 8, 14 2:04 PM
Hi
Anybody else finding the timer on the daily quest screwed up? I started playing at 23:30, with supposedly 30 mins to go before my daily quest ended - enough time to do the two scenes once more to complete it, but the new christmas daily quest was there. Ok; I accept that - lost the reward for the other, but presumed it was because BF had set the change for their country. "Collect 20 decs, wreaths and something else" within 72 hours. ok - started playing, doing the scenes one after another. Midnight rolls around and there is a new daily quest! And 95 hours to complete it. Should I believe the 95 hours, or just ignore this whole thing until New Year rolls around?

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 5, 14 10:32 PM
I see we now get stamps for flowers - just got a plain stamp. While they may be random, and admittedly a plain stamp is worth more than 10gp, I already have near 1500 of them and would rather continue to get diamonds. So, not pleased with this. Also thought the "choose a gift" at the start was a special christmas bonus, but now see it is just a new and tedious way of giving the daily bonus - without letting us know where we are on the days. Bummer.
And (LOL) in the armoury, the giant Qtip has again changed name! No wit is a "cannon rammer" (rofl) ramrod may have been a better term.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 5, 14 10:26 PM
wineoclock wrote:Hi ,I updated this morning and when I tried to get back into game it said that I still had an old version of the game and needed to update so can't get into the game at all please help

Hi,
I had this trouble too, then yesterday it would not let me play as my game was "outdated". I went to the game manager and tried the update again, and it told me there was one, and again, when I clicked to instal it, it said there was no update.

Then I looked carefully at GM, and saw that I had 1 game in "queued" - sure enough, this was the update I had previously tried to iinstal, and it had paused part way through.
Clicked on it, it tried to install it and then said there was an error, and to try again; did so and it installed successfully!

So, piece of advice: check your "queued" file, and see if, like with mine, it had started to install then crashed, and paused itself

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 16, 14 12:07 PM
frosteen wrote:Here is the response I got regarding not being able to install the update...

It sounds like maybe the Big Fish Game App is just having trouble automatically detecting the update, and it can be difficult to say for sure why. The first possible solution we should try is to tell the Big Fish Game App to search for updates manually instead of automatically. I'll guide you through the process:

Open the Big Fish Game App and click "Options" in the right-hand corner.
Click the "Downloads" tab
Select "Manually" under "Game Updates".
Click "check for updates" - if one is available, it'll tell you the amount, and you can click "Select updates to install".
Make sure the game's update is selected, then click the blue Install update button.

If that doesn't find the update, or it fails, the next best thing we can try is uninstalling and reinstalling Midnight Castle, as doing so will ensure that the latest version is installed. No worries on your data or progress - that stays on the computer when you uninstall.

To uninstall, just hit the trash can icon in the Big Fish Game App. After uninstalling, you can reinstall from the game's web page - I'll link you to it:

Midnight Castle

Afterwards, please try to play the game to see if the problem persists.

I did the first part but haven't done the unistall/reinstall yet.

Thanks for sharing. I always do the manual update, and it doesn't work - when you find the update and click instal, it then says there is no update (after it has already found it!)
I can't be a***d doing the whole uninstall reinstall thing - it never works. So I will just play as is until the day (soon) when it won't allow me to.
Thanks all the same

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 14, 14 3:19 PM
bfgWaimea wrote:Hi Everyone,

Thank you for letting us know that there's been trouble with connecting to Midnight Castle. To confirm, the game is currently down due to a technical issue, but our team is working as quickly as they can to get the game up and running as soon as possible. We'll definitely post in the <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/301958.page">Midnight Castle (PC) TEMPORARILY down - November 14th, 2014 </a> thread as soon as we receive any additional information.

In the meantime, thank you all for your patience and we hope to get you back to your games soon.

bfgWaimea

Oh that's nice - the continuing saga of BF's lousy servers combined with the lousy service. Not only did you stop us connecting, you made us lose daily quests because you did it just prior to midnight here, AND - after playing for over an hour to stock up on some items - when I do get back in, the entire progress, including the quests I had completed, as all reset! I come back in at EXACTLY the place I was when I started playing an hour before being kicked out! All the quests, the items and everything is gone - Oh except for the one HOS which had gone up a level when I was playing. THAT is still up the level, but the items I had were gone!
Now, i know many of the issues we all continually complain about, such as the flower/coins issue, are actually of your making, but others, such as the server, should not be an issue at all. YOU KNOW how many people are playing and how many more are anticipated joining; you should have set up suitable machines to handle the load. Stop penny-pinching, get the system sorted and for once, THINK about your clients!

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 14, 14 6:31 AM
frosteen wrote:Chris - I had the same problem about the update not showing up. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Game Manager - no luck. I am going to send a notation to custoemr service. I will share whatever they tell me. Hopefully we will get an answer soon.

Thanks - I just couldn't be bothered with that: all the "uninstall then reinstall, do a Dr Felix," blah blah.
Well done for being patient enough to go through it

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator