Posts created by ShaunaPSmith

posted in Haunted Hotel: Death Sentence Collector's Edition on Jan 4, 15 8:18 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who couldn't remove those darn sparkles! That drives me nuts. Do not help me!! (Unless I ask for it.) The story was awful. I have no idea what was going on. But I don't care about the stories usually. Very few have I ever thought were good stories.

Is it just me or are the Bonus Chapters written by someone else? The Bonus Chapter in this had completely different "speak". There were typos, but it just sounded so bad. Who wrote the dialog??

The mini games were challenging enough. It just went too fast. It felt like every new room had about 4 items to find and then use in the same room. It could've been more challenging. The graphics were awesome. That old lady was creepy cool!

It was all right.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Death Sentence Collector's Edition on Jan 4, 15 8:10 PM
I never noticed it!! And I had the music volume and all levels reduced but not off. Funny how we notice different things.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Death Sentence Collector's Edition on Jan 4, 15 8:08 PM
I love a really good hard puzzle, but I like them to be "solvable". This Bonus Mini Game was not solvable to me. I'm really glad they gave a solution. After looking at it, I know I wouldn't have ever gotten there with it. But kudos to the makers for coming up with a good stumper!

posted in Final Cut: The True Escapade Collector's Edition on Dec 6, 14 8:14 PM
Really liked this game. Liked the story, liked the voice overs, liked the puzzles. Some were quite the challenge. What I truly love is when I'm able to choose a Custom difficulty level, and I make them as hard as possible. I do like map clues, though, and this one gave them to me. I love not being told what a puzzle's goal is unless I really get stumped, which actually happened a few times. Good, hard mini games. It was way too short, though. For a CE, I would've preferred it to be longer and THEN you get a bonus game. But I have to say, it's cool when they let you replay the puzzles and this one even gives you a Match 3 game to play as a Bonus.

posted in Surface: Game of Gods Collector's Edition on Dec 4, 14 10:07 AM
Despite the somewhat "morbid" storyline (even for me it was a touch harsh at times), I enjoyed the gameplay of this one. It had a sufficient amount of challenges, including good mini-games and HOPs that kept me interested. I thought it was a good length and the Bonus Game was a good length. I played the CE and found all but one of the statues. I couldn't really care less about finding flowers, unless they open up an extra bonus or something. In this case, the flowers allowed you to buy furniture for the bonus room at the very end. Bleh. But it was a good game overall.

posted in Surface: Game of Gods Collector's Edition on Dec 4, 14 10:02 AM
It's probably a glitch. I had an inventory item become "invisible" in a game recently. But it wasn't one I actually needed to use in the game. If the fishing rod is still there in your inventory, try using the wire on it. Then you get something that you turn into a hook and use it to retrieve an item. (Trying not to spoil too much.) Maybe closing the game and restarting will help?? Weird. I'm sure you're not crazy.

posted in Awakening: The Golden Age Collector's Edition on Dec 2, 14 7:06 PM
I loved this game!!! I admit that at first glance I thought it was going to be outdated and too cheesy. But the graphics are actually really appealing to me. And (and this is a BIG AND...) I found it to be really challenging!! It had some of the most creative (and difficult) HOP games I've ever played. Sometimes I thought something might be wrong, but most of the time you just have to follow the gameplay and things work out.

What I really love about this game is that there is a puzzle at every turn. Sometimes they were too easy, but I give the developers big kudos for at least making us work for things! Puzzles, challenges and mini-games are what I play for. This one gave me every bit of my money's worth. And it was long, as was the Bonus Chapter. I feel very satisfied with this purchase.

posted in Awakening: The Golden Age Collector's Edition on Dec 2, 14 6:48 PM
The wheels are the keys to unlock the lists. It is just really not obvious.

posted in Awakening: The Golden Age Collector's Edition on Dec 2, 14 6:47 PM
That part was really confusing. I was looking for actual "keys" to open the lists. Red wheels?? Huh? Slightly illogical. I had a glitch in the game right after that when I clicked on a sign post near the train. It gave me a "note" but it was invisible in my inventory! I would move my cursor over it and it would tell me there was a note there, but I could see nothing. Fortunately, I never needed the note for the rest of the Bonus Chapter. I loved this game, though!!!

posted in Myths of the World: Black Rose on Dec 1, 14 1:13 PM
I really liked this one!! There were some actual challenging puzzles in it. Sometimes the puzzles were challenging because they were illogical, but that's okay. I'll take it. I like not being told exactly what to do and allowed to figure it out for myself. This one felt really long, even for just a SE. Good one.

posted in Grim Tales: Color of Fright Collector's Edition on Nov 27, 14 7:47 PM
Good game. I'm picky about the mini-games and the difficulty level, and I don't really have too many negatives about this one. It was long. Definitely felt like I got my money's worth playing the CE. Bonus game and Secret Room portion were fun and challenging enough I guess. I liked the creativity within the HOPs and the drawings, but the story was all over the place. Oh, one negative to mention...it was glitchy. I've never had technical difficulties with any BF games, but this one was REALLY laggy, and there were times when I would back out of a room into another room and the screen would go completely black. But whatever. I managed.

posted in Echoes of the Past: Wolf Healer on Nov 23, 14 2:19 PM
This is a good game, but as I typically say...it wasn't hard enough. No need for hints, or maps or sparkles. It just is what it is. The mini games are what I play for, and these were just okay. One or two had potential to be real challenging, but that's about it.

posted in Echoes of the Past: Wolf Healer on Nov 23, 14 2:14 PM
I just finished this game but don't remember exactly where the handle was. Probably in a HOP game. That's where a lot of the items needed came from. If you're playing on advanced or expert mode, you won't be told where the HOP games are so you could be missing one. And like other games, it repeats the same HOP areas several times. So always go back to the ones you've already done. And I found that most of the items you need were found close to where you need it.

posted in 9 Clues: The Ward on Nov 20, 14 2:12 PM
Loved this game! I think it only took me a few hours to play it, but maybe that's because I didn't stop once I started. Okay, I split it into two sessions, but it was lots of fun and kept me going. No need for hints or maps on this one. I liked the mini-games, but could always have them be more challenging. The story was great. I actually wanted to know what was going to happen!

I like when they "lock" you in a room or area and make you work your way out before venturing around all over the rest of the game. I also like games with real people as opposed to cartoon and fantasy types. The voice overs were pretty good and the characters were believable. Normally I don't care about that, but this one was really good.

I think I only paid $3.49 for it so it was a great deal!

posted in Cursery: The Crooked Man and the Crooked Cat on Nov 19, 14 11:49 AM
Why does BF lock conversation topics? This is not the first time I wanted to review a game and found the thread for it "locked". So here's my review...

BLAH! Too much reading! Not enough difficulty. Some of it was pretty. The story was so confusing and lame-o that I didn't even care after a bit. I got pretty tired of "find an object to open this box so you can get the object to open the next box". I actually liked the HOPs. I challenge myself by only looking at the items needed one time and then trying to find them without looking again. Anything to try and up the difficulty level.

I'm not sure why anyone needs a strategy guide for a game like this. I used the map about a thousand times to know where to go with my newly found object. All the scenes started to look alike after a while.

Way too easy.

posted in Paranormal Pursuit: The Gifted One Collector's Edition on Nov 9, 14 11:05 AM
This was one of my favorite recent games to play. It's so pretty, and well crafted. I love games with real people instead of fairies and fantasies. The only problem, and unfortunately it's a big one in my book, is that it was way too easy. I mean easy like "click click you're done" kind of easy in regards to the puzzles. Let's say you have five items and you have to click on them in the right order. Don't developers realize that it only takes about 3 tries at most to get it right?? Do they really think that's a stumper?

I loved this storyline. I loved the kids and how they helped us along in the game. I just kept expecting a hard puzzle to come along, and it never did. Even at the very end of the bonus chapter I thought "This would be a great place for a really hard puzzle to end the game!" But alas, all you do is place the key and one more cut scene and you're done. Boo.

The HOPs are the fun kind where you have to "find and use" objects a lot. It was a good length, too. Don't worry too much about collecting the tokens, or whatever. They don't have much to do with it. You access the bonus chapter from the Play screen, not from the Extras. I found all but one of the tokens.

Good game, but not worth the full price of the CE. Make 'em harder!!

posted in Fear For Sale: Nightmare Cinema on Nov 5, 14 11:15 PM
I have very mixed emotions after just finishing the standard version of this game. It was so cool! Beautifully created and produced. I actually really loved the storyline, which I rarely care anything about. I loved the HOPs. The mini-games? Where there any mini-games?? I think it was just too easy. Why have a strategy guide for a game this easy?? Just use the map, which I like as a tool, to help you know where the next objective is. You don't need hints and such. It flows smoothly. I just wanted it to be a touch harder, and much longer. I could play a game like this for a long time. Maybe I should've played the CE version. Enjoy!

posted in Fierce Tales: Feline Sight Collector's Edition on Nov 3, 14 10:15 PM
I rate this one really low on the difficulty level...and that is really all I go for. I wish Big Fish had a way to rate the difficulty level of games. Or that one particular developer was consistently more difficult than others, etc. I want them really challenging. And this one was just "pretty". Maybe there were two or three challenging puzzles, but mostly it was just "find the missing object, place it where it belongs, and voila! you've solved the challenge".

Boo.

posted in Fierce Tales: Feline Sight Collector's Edition on Nov 3, 14 9:03 PM
This is why I pay no attention to the storyline. I want games, games and more games. Lots of puzzles and challenges. Keep the storyline to a minimum and I will be just fine.

Ugghh...I couldn't wait for this game to end. I just didn't enjoy it very much. The voice overs are terrible. The storyline is not even follow-able and the games were pretty much too easy. I really love it when there's a labyrinth in a game. It makes me think "Oh goodie! I get to really test my skills here!" But then you get the map for the labyrinth and you click on it, and it just takes you to the end of the maze without involving you at all. That happened A LOT in this game. Give us a challenge!! I played the CE version and went through the Bonus Game as well. I did have to use the Strategy Guide a few times to keep it moving along, but mostly that was because the steps were illogical. There were discrepancies in the game play (like calling a brush a broom) and it felt like someone else designed the Bonus Game because the cursor worked differently. It felt like the developers didn't really play their own game. I really wouldn't spend money on the CE version.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator