Posts created by siberlene

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 15, 18 1:27 AM
Thank you Developers and the Big Fish team for fixing this problem in such a timely manner. Your dedication to the game and the players is very much appreciated.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 7, 18 7:59 PM
Well, I suppose there has been a partial fix in my game. The characters that required tasks are back (some didn't need help), and the Castle Challenge is in place.

However, I still get the "download in progress" window. This time it shows 0/1 downloads, then the bar fills only up maybe 10% when the download message flashes 100%, then enters the game. I'm guessing all is working okay but the download window does take some time before I'm able to play. I exited the game and re-entered 4 times and even rebooted my computer before the 5th try but the "download in progress" window still pops up.

Siber

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 7, 18 12:55 PM
Hufflepuff wrote:What platform you are playing on? I play on PC and have not have download problems so far.
Good luck to everyone!

Sorry, forgot to mention I'm playing on PC. The update downloaded just fine and I managed to get to the end of the current content at Level 84. I think. The thing is, whenever I open the game I get a download window that only downloads 1/2 of whatever it is.

Although I'm finished (I think) the blue key quests have not returned. Maybe that's the other 1/2 of the download that's not downloading? Maybe at reset time today it'll finish downloading. If not, then I'll report it to the PC problems thread.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 7, 18 1:57 AM
What a great update. The developers are so very clever.

After the initial download I played for a while then I logged off. Now, each time I log into the game another download window appears that only goes to 1/2. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I made it to Level 84 and the end of content so am wondering if perhaps the other 1/2 will load some time later?

Just want to make sure this is not a glitch in my game.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Siber

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 7, 17 11:26 AM
playingthegame wrote:My memory is almost shot.
Did we have HOS in the old Xmas room last year?

No, we didn't. I'm very much looking forward to when everything opens up.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 5, 17 10:19 AM
silver_hawk wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:

Well, way back when, people were reporting that they couldn't 'buy' the blank books for 0 shards in the 3 older rooms.

In fact, you even included that info in the New Strategy Guide and only just amended it today. But I haven't got time to argue with you or search the forums looking for whomever reported that the books were no longer available for 0 shards.

I'm fairly sure it was me that discovered that and why I only have 69 and not 70/71. But I'm not going to search the forum either to verify. I'd rather just wait for my older game to download and do some extra checking to see if there is something there to report.

Reading this thread prompted me to go check my own inventory. I had 25/69. Turns out that even though I had all the books in the new Christmas room, I had to repurchase the Spring book in the old Christmas room, bringing me up to 25/70. I went through all rooms but can't find the last one either. Oh well.

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 12, 17 11:54 AM
Good grief! Sorry about that.

Note to self: Look at dates!

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 12, 17 11:49 AM
How is that possible? I thought we were all on the same schedule. In my game today's challenge (which starts at 4:00 p.m. PST) is to complete 3 Daily Quests.

The orange candy apple challenge doesn't start until tomorrow at 4:00 p.m. and my game says to get 15 orange candy, not 7.

I'm on PC. Maybe it's different for other platforms?

Edit: Oops. Nevermind.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 24, 17 12:11 PM
Annelliegram wrote:Wow, Desertdruid ...... I would LOVE to get some candy quests ...... hopefully, with GMT day roll, something other than ghost quests for the OLD ghosts will come up....

Just wondering, do the newer players that didn't play last Fall have to get all 6 colors of ghosts during this event? If so, that would explain why we're still seeing quests for the blue/green/red (and probably will forever). Hope there will be a use for them some time.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 13, 17 1:15 AM
I found that the more difficult challenges are usually followed by a couple of easy ones so even if you get behind it's relatively easy to catch up. As for the airship items, whenever a DQ asks to feed pets I always feed the special pets which give airship items. I always do the blue key quests because if the special food doesn't drop frequently enough to feed the pets, I use the blue keys to craft the item required for the chest that gives 5 of the special foods. I also keep 2 of my lowest count of airship items on my wish list.

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 28, 17 6:16 PM
Very well thought out posts, cbtx, all of them.

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 25, 17 11:48 AM
Thanks, bfgBellerophon, for your response. Actually I've been dealing with a service representative since Friday afternoon and she suggested I uninstall and reinstall, but since her email said she doesn't swim in the Pond on weekends, I decided to wait. Now, after reading that people have problems with the uninstall thing I'm undecided and am going against everybody's advice even though you are the only people I should listen to and embrace your knowledge. I know. Bad idea, going rogue. My game played relatively well over the weekend which is why I'm being a bit stubborn about it. That, and because my problem started several days before the update.

I'm still hoping that the developers will come up with a fix. If not, then I will grit my teeth and take the plunge and uninstall.

Thanks again for taking the time.

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 24, 17 1:12 AM
bfgBeruna wrote:Hello siberlene,

I can definitely understand feeling nervous about uninstalling and reinstalling the game while your Customer Support Representative is out of the office, so I'm swimming by to offer some more information.

Reinstalling Midnight Castle should not interfere with the game's progress, but even so, I'd recommend writing down the game's <a https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002367868>Friend Code</a>. If progress is ever lost in the game, our <a href="https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000558227">Midnight Castle Support Team</a> can transfer the old progress to a new game. In order to do that, however, both the old game's and the new game's codes are needed; recording your <a https://midnightcastle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002367868>Friend Code</a> somewhere is always a good idea.

Should you prefer to wait until your representative is able to guide you through this project, then that's totally okay. We never want customers to feel pressured to do troubleshooting work that makes them uncomfortable. I would encourage you to continue working with our Support Team in any case as they're equipped with the best tools to troubleshoot.

Thanks so much for your understanding. Please PM one of the other <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/672145.page">active Moderators</a> or me with any more questions or concerns that might arise. We'll be happy to be of service.

bfgBeruna

Thank you for swimming by, bfg Beruna, and I very much appreciate your suggestions.

I'm wondering since there are several players experiencing various problems if perhaps the developers (who are total geniuses, by the way) will work on a fix. Most, though, had problems with the latest update. My issue started on the last day of the Castle Challenge, before the update.

A couple of years ago when I had a problem I had to submit a Dr. Felix report and the problem was fixed relatively easily. I haven't heard mention of Dr. Felix lately. Did he swim out of the pond and into Puget Sound?

Thanks so much,
Siberlene

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 23, 17 12:56 AM
badge510 wrote:I had the same error code. I deleted my midnight castle and went to the free version of midnight castle and it downloaded my whole system back to normal. Joe D.

Were you able to keep your ID number? Also, was your game restored from where you left off or do you now have to start from scratch?

I'm told I have to uninstall and download again to solve my issue which is not the same as your issue but, with this being the weekend, I'm nervous about doing it without my customer service representative being available.

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 18, 17 3:59 PM
acerb wrote:[color=#fe0000] After installing the last update, I found that I had quite a few anomalies, of which, I didn't have previously. I came into the forum and it was suggested that to clear these issues, that I should uninstall and re-install M.E. that it would clear these issues up. Unfortunately, it hasn't changed a thing:

I am unable to send any gifts to my fellow M.E. players. apart from John and Adele; (I can receive gifts from them and others);

In the 'rooms' I can no longer access any of the rooms apart from John and two or three others, stating that they don't have a room, even though I have been able to access them previously!

I did post a 'reply' but have never heard a thing back.

I am starting to think that I should just uninstall and be done with it.

I'm having the same issues, although I don't recall an update recently. It seemed to happen out of the blue.

My issues began on Saturday, September 16th. Active friends no longer have rooms and then I get the "please wait" message before I have to close out the game completely, and I lose progress constantly. On the final day of the CC, I had to get the last avatar twice because the game didn't register it the first time I got it. I'm having to do the same parts of DQ's and blue key quests over and over before they register. Right now I'm doing the last part of a 3 part DQ (Special Interest) and have had to do the last segment twice, as of this writing. Who knows what I'll find when I next enter the game.

Edit: I'm also sometimes unable to gift certain friends sometimes.

Edit 2: When I log on I also sometimes get "setting cloud, setting illumination, preparing characters" before it goes into the game. Got it again about 5 minutes ago. I played a part of a DQ when I realized that there were no friends in the score column after completing a hidden object scene. Closed out the game, went back in and, sure enough, the game had not logged the progress and had to start the HOS over again.

Is it time to send a Dr. Felix report or is this a known problem?

posted in Midnight Castle on Jun 22, 17 1:13 AM
Ditto. Playing on PC.

I gifted and went into private rooms at about midnight PST, then at 1 a.m. when the new gifting time came none of my friends had rooms and were not accepting gifts. Left the game a couple of times but the problem persists. They will probably sort this out in the morning.

I'm guessing all players are having the same problems so will understand not receiving gifts.

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 14, 17 1:16 AM
Not sure what defines technical issue but there's a new thing happening with the puzzle. Prior to the update, the scroll bar stayed in place. For example, chose an item on page 4 and it remained on page 4 so it was easy to move on to the next page.

Now, as soon as an item is selected, it reverts back to page 1. It's a bit time consuming if you select a reward on page 40 and the next item is on page 49. It would be easy to go from 40 to 49 but now we have to start on page 1 and scroll all the way over to 49.

Just thought I'd mention it.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 21, 17 12:07 PM
I find the puzzles to be a great gift from the developers so I play the child's game every chance I get. At first I played for much needed inventory items which put the more valuable diamonds (a batch of 5) at the end of the row. But I learned, through this thread, that by putting eggs on the list that the diamonds appear first. If I do all the puzzles one after another I've found that I can usually get at least 10 diamonds with maybe an egg or two as a bonus. After all, diamonds are a girl's best friend

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 13, 17 1:18 PM
I'm going to hazard a guess that if there are any new features they will kick in at the normal re-set so that everyone gets it at the same time. Also, I think the download came early so that there will be less traffic slowing things down at the GMT time. Just a guess.

Download wasn't a problem for me. Everything running smoothly.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 6, 17 1:58 PM
kkreisman wrote:Here's something else strange - I took my wish list down in order to catch up on gifting 3 days ago. There is nothing on my wish list, yet yesterday and today I received a gift from a friend on my wish list. How does that happen?

katiek

I've noticed the same thing. It appears there's some lag time. Often I've received a gift that hadn't been on my wish list for 2 or 3 days.

Edit: And, several times I've received 2 gifts from the same friend at the same time, which isn't possible in a 24 hour period.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator