Posts created by lordkalvan

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 22, 18 7:22 AM
Sending good thoughts your way missbethann.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 20, 18 4:40 PM
I have slow hands. That only matters on the timed levels. Use coins to buy Eternal Freeze, then use one of these on each timed level you can’t finish because the time is too short. This boost allows you to play without any time limit at all.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 20, 18 4:25 PM
Facebook groups always show the full name of the poster, as Facebook knows it. Whether others in the group can see your posts outside that group depends on your own privacy settings. If you restrict your privacy to friends only, then you don’t need to worry about that. Going the other way is risky as if you post to a public group then your post can show in your friends newsfeed. This group is a private group or I’d be able to see posts without joining it.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 20, 18 11:15 AM
For those of us on Facebook, does anybody here belong to Gummy Drop Friends Unite? It’s a closed group so you can’t see the posted until after a mod accepts you into the group.

As in, I’m willing to join it if it is a decent group but I can’t tell.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 19, 18 12:23 PM
I note that if we want to PM a mod it has to be done before the end of the month. The announcement said posting and PMs will both be disabled then.

Sigh.... a few years back I had a job I loved, which included running the support forum for software my team developed that we licensed to other people who used it to develop multiplayer games. We got bought out. Then the new owners said we weren’t going to sell licenses any more. Then later that the forums would be disabled and we weren’t supposed to answer questions via email either unless we did it on our own time. I resigned. I do like my current job, but this situation with BF forums is bringing back painful memories.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 18, 18 8:02 AM
Buenos Aires 81 is quite good for all three. Very high win rate if you remember to look for five in a row moves and don’t focus only on freeing the chained . I get 12k to 25k of each resource type, and lots of fun explosions from the swaps of with line blasts and bomb blasts.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 17, 18 6:30 PM
A quick google showed quite a few options for hosting forums. A few are free, with distracting ads and likely bandwidth limitations. If you want ad free, it costs, so someone would have to foot that bill.

No matter which option is chosen, we would need volunteers to be moderators, banning spammers and obnoxious people, and at least one to be forum admin to do more technical stuff. The first forum I ever managed didn’t take much technical skill, but then I knew how to read how to instructions.

But I don’t have the spare energy to be one of those volunteers right now.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 17, 18 9:41 AM
Adore Liaden Universe! Honorverse books are good too.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 17, 18 8:06 AM
OOo_jules_oOO wrote:I will be interstate on April 30th, but will have my ipad with me and connection to wifi so I will at least be able to read and contribute till then, not that it will help the sadness I feel right now. I think the worst thing is the thought that we won't be able to chat on here, have conversations about the maddest stuff, learn about all sorts of things, help each other out and all that stuff and its been such fun. A lot of things have happened in the past so many years since I found this, as it has for everyone. Surely, someone will know a way besides FB that we can somehow continue? Is it possible? Those of you who are very IT and technically minded, let us who aren't so 'techy' in on it if there is a way.

A Facebook group would let us continue our chatty stuff. It isn’t searchable but we can talk.

It’s been more than a decade since I ran a forum for anything other than work, and at least three years since I did so for work even. Once a hacker starts attacking your forum it’s a real nightmare to fix it, at least for a simple PHP forum. That’s over and above hosting the server that the forum runs on, which is an expense of both time and money or bandwidth.

Here’s hoping someone else comes up with a good idea for us.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 17, 18 5:21 AM
For those of us on Facebook, we could start a Facebook group page specifically for the continuation of this seniors thread. I find the Facebook group pages awkward to use. Goodreads groups are nicer but are for books not games and odds are far fewer of us are on goodreads.

I don’t have the time and energy to start an actual forum for us, between work and running the Space Opera Fans group on goodreads.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 17, 18 4:10 AM
The announcement said the forums were becoming increasingly fragile. I have run forums myself in the past and had nightmares fighting hackers. Making forums read only prevents most of the possible attacks. I suspect there are so many posts now that the servers are stressed to their limits and the sysadmins are fighting a losing battle.

I will sorely miss the conversation. I would have gotten bored with GD a long time ago if we didn’t have this social aspect to it.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 16, 18 7:06 PM
Heads up, for anybody who didn’t spot the announcement. The crucial part is:
Beginning April 30, 2018, creating new posts and private messaging will be disabled on the Big Fish Games forums.

Dang I’m going to miss this conversation.....

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 16, 18 3:32 PM
I’m on tier three. There aren’t any starting color blockers but yellow ones fall down as I play. I can see swapped with line blast helping a lot, and perhaps a shovel at the end. There’s a lot of luck involved in forming the of course.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 16, 18 6:50 AM
I got to level four my first time, then to level two my second time. The key to level one seems to be making a fairly early. It’s a Blizzard Everest so it’s supposed to be challenging, but I’m not sure I’ll be trying again on this one.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 13, 18 1:30 PM
Unfortunately we can get through a new city (at least building all monuments if not getting it 100%) faster than the devs can get a new city ready for release.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 12, 18 12:45 PM
I didn’t get past intern on Amsterdam 73 myself, but I did that city a long time ago. My favorite level there is 111. I see that I have 72 and 74 both gold...

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 11, 18 4:24 AM
When I was little we had some 78s too. At least I think that’s what they were called. Like normal LPs and 45s but yet another speed needed.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 10, 18 6:54 AM
missbethann wrote:Everest level 3. I don't have a clue on how to get anything other than a match 3. Can't make a single move to break the stamps. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Miss Beth

Swap the pairs of bomb blasts with each other.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 10, 18 4:57 AM
One of the mods said in another thread that you get more points for resource tiles than normal ones, and more for resource tiles that go toward a goal than otherwise. If that helps.

Everest is back. Not too hard. Second flag takes either luck or using a shovel at the start. Fourth not sure if it’s luck or skill needed. Fifth there’s an easy strategy for determining a good starting board which helped a lot.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Apr 8, 18 2:26 PM
I have given up on WP. Too many hard levels, not fun.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator