Posts created by BanditSam

posted in Sunken Secrets on Jul 7, 17 5:08 AM
It's odd that PP sometimes buys stuff that you can't ask him to get for you, like the boxes or the elements.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Jul 3, 17 11:10 AM
You put bowls under your bushes at night so you will have milk for your morning coffee.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Jun 29, 17 5:15 AM
I think the stew looks like canned fruit cocktail.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Jun 21, 17 3:57 AM
Hi Dogpenny,

You don't give pearls to the person who helps you. You just tap on the face that appears, then drag the blue flash down and the machine will be activated to go faster.

Many new players lose pearls by tapping or clicking on the Speed Up by mistake. I've done it many times myself.

When you are adding crops or materials to a machine, don't drag the object to the next open slot. Instead, drop it right onto the machine in the dotted line area. That will save you from accidentally losing pearls while loading a machine.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Jun 17, 17 9:02 AM
That's what we are all wondering. No way to find out, unfortunately.

But cheer up! There's a weekend event starting in 59 minutes!

posted in Sunken Secrets on Jun 17, 17 8:59 AM
To transform pearls, you go to the Alchemist's bench. You will see an icon with a pearl on it. It might be on the second page. There you use five pearls and transform them into...? An apple? A potato? Not worth it, IMHO, unless you don't need pearls for anything else.

I can understand wanting to complete the achievement. I transformed pearls twice when I first started and didn't realize how precious they are. Not sure when I will try again.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Jun 12, 17 4:41 AM
Wait.

Seriously, many of us are in that position, waiting for the next update. In the meantime, you can:

- participate in weekend events and earn tickets and pearls
- work toward achievements
- go diving toe collect amber, cursed objects and upgrade your magic fountains
- increase your levels to 125
- increase storage slots to 1000
- sell in the market to help other players
- send out balloons to earn XP and get blue, g reen, yellow and red stones

There's never a dull moment on the island!

posted in Sunken Secrets on Jun 6, 17 3:53 AM
I think you'll see it spelled that way if you visit ICanHasCHeezburger, home of the famous talking cats and other memes.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Jun 6, 17 3:49 AM
Once the tasks disappear they don't return, as far as I know.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Jun 1, 17 4:32 AM
As long as you use them for yourself, you are not a storage item raider but watch out if you buy them after you reach 1000 slots in storage.

I always buy the storage item from James each morning so I can resell it in my market to someone who can use it. I was lucky to find a lot of high level players to follow who regularly offer storage boxes in their markets, so now I am returning the favour to other players.

posted in Sunken Secrets on May 30, 17 9:42 AM
I tried this last week for the first time, did not collect the money bad from any villagers, and did not get any more requests for 18 hours, until I had collected the moneybags.

posted in Sunken Secrets on May 30, 17 9:41 AM
rosiebvt, are you using the Back button on your browser to go back to the list of topics. If you do that it will not show read items as read.

Try refreshing your browser display - CTRL F5.

posted in Sunken Secrets on May 28, 17 5:19 AM
Here's something interesting I noticed yesterday. I have 1000 storage slots and thought that I would be stopped from unloading boxes when I hit 1000 with all the depleted stones. I checked and I was at 1009 storage! I could have unloaded all the boxes but sold a few stones in my market, then continued unloading. It happened again - 1007.

So depleted stones count in storage, but not for events? Or not when they are putting you over your limit?

posted in Sunken Secrets on May 28, 17 4:19 AM
I put spinach and fresh basil leaves on pizza. Also broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus.

Totally off topic: I once had a Chinese roommate who was unfamiliar with Canadian vegetables and also had never cooked at home. I watched her slice up tomatoes and shred lettuce, thinking she was making a salad. Then she dumped it all into a pot of boiling water.

posted in Sunken Secrets on May 28, 17 3:58 AM
As always, mdpetdoc, you have provided excellent advice. I'll do exactly that.

My only reasoning for buying more pearl fountains was to go for the fountain upgrade achievement awards. Otherwise I have plenty of generated magic.

posted in Sunken Secrets on May 27, 17 9:09 AM
Absinthe! That's something we could be able to produce from pumpkins in the next update!

posted in Sunken Secrets on May 27, 17 5:22 AM
The only problem with saving your balloons and not unloading is that you cannot use help calls to speed the balloons up.

What I do is keep a list of the arrival times of all balloons. When one arrives, I cross off that arrival time and enter a new arrival time once I have sent the balloon off again.

I usually send a balloon from each island first thing in the morning, plus an additional one from Panda or Giant, because they return the quickest. I will resend from Panda during the day, and only send out from Toy and Unicorn in the evening, before they expire. I have maximum storage so it's easy to fill up the balloon boxes right away.

posted in Sunken Secrets on May 27, 17 5:04 AM
Lately I have been following Ralphie around, waiting for him to speak, and I often see him up on the grass behind the Artist's Hideaway. He disappears behind the roof, then other villagers come along and disappear too.

What do you think they are up to out of sight? My guess is a poker game or gambling of some sort.

posted in Sunken Secrets on May 27, 17 4:34 AM
Yes, I have opened permanent slots on every machine except the tailor's benches. Might go for one more on the magic forest and the milk machine. I have loads of temp slots to use up, though.

posted in Sunken Secrets on May 27, 17 4:07 AM
I have finally taught my fingers not to spend pearls accidentally and have bought my fifth hot-air balloon and the beautiful rainbow fountain. The weekend events give me at least 10 pearls, sometimes more, so what should I save up for next? I have one each of the pearl fountains; should I buy more? Any other suggestions?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator