Posts created by kailuaauntie

posted in Gummy Drop! on Feb 26, 18 8:57 PM
Trav3lbird & globetrotter217 — couldn’t agree with you more — PP is more difficult and the side events are more fun when they are really “special” and not so bunched up. GD is a good game but it can be frustrating.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Feb 19, 18 9:04 AM
When I purchased my iPad Air, I got an Apple Refurbished unit - saved about $200US and never had any problems with it.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Feb 18, 18 10:52 PM
I would like to see Hawaii 84 reconsidered. It’s pretty much a stinker level (at least for me) and I am unable to finish the third level (after numerous attempts).

posted in Gummy Drop! on Feb 1, 18 5:25 PM
Yes, this has probably already been posted but I can’t find it anywhere. What is the significance of the white birds (cranes?) flying across the bottom of Moscow? (Yes, I hit up google, too.)

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 28, 18 6:14 PM
snowmanvt — thank you for your post in “Best Levels ...” re Istanbul 105-1. I had totally forgotten how great that level was is, and am bored to tears with Rome 87 and London 99.

p.s. Us seniors have the best thread going!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 27, 18 7:01 PM
Dooro01 — please see me my response to Mrsl re lost coins — good luck !

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 27, 18 1:16 PM
When I lost a bunch of coins the GD Support Team quickly replaced them. If you do contact them, be sure to include your ID Number (if you are playing the Facebook version). If you are not on the FB Version, attach a screen shot of the first page of your Passport which includes your GD Passport Number. Good luck !

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 25, 18 8:32 AM
What causes a Gummy Drop? They always catch me by surprise, and aren’t always helpful.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 23, 18 10:47 AM
Cape Town Level 50. I’ve searched other threads with no results. Could someone, pretty please, tell me how to clear the litter at the top so that I can use the . Thank you So much.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 21, 18 11:03 PM
Gummynut wrote:Hey seniors. Need someone to check something. I have read in other threads that there are some rewards “left behind”, perhaps clicking out of the city too fast or whatever.... today it happened to me in Vienna. There is a guy near level 31 in a yellow shirt and blue helmet that I clicked on and got some diamonds to spit out. Anyone else get this one? If so, keep track, I think it was 10-15? Thanks!

The same thing happened to me about level 32 in Amsterdam, a guy with a dog gave me some gems (I had already finished that city).

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 21, 18 1:07 PM
Hey, fishfinder246 You got past New Orleans and Los Angeles and they were both really stinker cities. Won’t say there aren’t some challenges ahead, but you seem to be on your way. I’ve been stuck a number of times and our fellow Seniors cheered me on — I’ve made it to Athens and am no longer stoney broke. Hang in there; we’re rooting for you.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 20, 18 6:45 PM
Trav3lbird wrote:Kailuaauntie, if you contact customer support they can get you the missing boosts you should have received. I have found them to be very helpful in the past.

I, too, have had great support from the GD Team, but have no idea of the boosts I actually received, so I hesitated to contact them. The number of coins received was correct, which made me a very happy camper.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 20, 18 10:40 AM
To complete or not to complete. In order complete Sydney 100% I need to pay 1,000 coins for the remaining 4 HH. And, do 8 more resource mart upgrades — just the first 4 will cost 2,350 coins. That outweighs the rewards, for me at least. I paid a bit to complete San Francisco and Tokyo, and received the coins but NOT the boosts listed in the completion rewards thread. I’ve sailed on to Athens—finally making some $$ and am loathe to spend them! It’s really too bad us poor folks can’t get loans (read “gifts”) from those of you who are awash in coins.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 17, 18 7:45 PM
Africa, South America, and Canada are all huge without much representation. If GD doesn’t think a specific city has enough interest, couldn’t they combine landmarks and areas of interest? (Hawaii included multiple islands within the state, and Los Angeles included Santa Monica and San Marino, which are not within the city.)

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 16, 18 9:23 AM
Huh? I’m a chocoholic and have never even heard of chocolate ginger.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 14, 18 5:54 PM
missbethann wrote:
missbethann wrote:The 4000 travel vouchers must be a perk for those that play on Facebook. Just like I was told by customer service/tech help that scratch tickets are an exclusive for the Facebook crowd. I got Hawaii thank you, but no vouchers. I use them as often as I can just to get a break from these first 12 harder cities. I try to keep my footprint out of social media as much as possible. Especially Facebook!!!

I am quoting myself as reference... now I read in another post that scratch tickets are for mobile players. I used to get them all the time until I had to get another PC about 2 yrs. ago. So I been going round and round with tech services to get them back. They need my user ID to find me in the system. I have no user ID. Am told to play on facebook to get one. NO. I made another user account on my PC and started a whole new GD! game. Guess what's been popping up everyday on the new game? Scratch tickets. The new game does not have a user ID either. There should be a way to issue one to those of us that choose not to get on facebook. Maybe I should add that to the game improvements thread.

missbethann : the number on the first page of your Passport is your game “ID number” for non-Facebook players. Take a screenshot of the page and attach it to your request to GD Support. Bad segue: I’m definitely not a fan of social media, but my BFF from the 70s and even a couple of my high school buddies have been in touch through Facebook. You can have a FB account and still be VERY low profile, it totally depends on your choices.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 14, 18 4:53 PM
snowmanvt wrote:I am so frustrated this morning. While playing a timed level, my fingers were flying and I accidentaly spent 3000 coins buying 9 "Christmas ornament" color blasts. I have no need of them, at 400 coins each. PLEASE put a simple confirmation button on purchases. We have asked for this countless times. I guess this is my karma for mentioning how many coins I have in a post above. I would be truly pissed if i had only a few coins. PLEASE.

Hi, snowmanvt - do you think that the customer service genies at GD would give you back those coins if you went to them with hat in hand and explained the issue? I’ve found that they are very understanding, you might even say “generous,” when straightening out game issues.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 13, 18 8:46 AM
I sometmes forget that I can achieve my goals without removing all the litter on a board, so I waste moves trying to “clean up” the board. Am I alone in this?

Segue: there’s bunches of interesting stuff on the Easter Bunny on Google.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 11, 18 7:20 PM
snowmanvt wrote:Yes, it becomes a much simpler game, especially if you ship resources, which is feasible because, as you note, the resource requirements to build monuments decreases by about 80%.

The equation is that by shipping, you no longer need to buy helping hands. Since you don't buy helping hands, the coins can accrue to higher levels. With more coins you can easily afford boosts to win levels and win more coins. It begins to self-perpetuate and the cities become fairly easy to finish. Shipping every four hours can get boring tho. I ship from cities, 10 cities, where it is easy to accumulate the resources to ship. Thus I can get 150,000 resources every four hours for free. Some players don't ship and some ship from many more cities than I do.

To give an example I started Amsterdam with under 4000 coins and no saved green gems. I am about to complete Toronto with 99,000 coins and hundreds of green gems. I am not a great gamer, but I follow my strategy.

Thank you for your input. I stopped buying shipping ports because they seemed so expensive after clawing my way through the more difficult cities. I now ship from about 12 cities but have made it up to 6,000 coins and don’t want to backslide again. Looking forward to some less frustrating play!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jan 11, 18 7:07 PM
Jules - I saw your post about completing Tokyo, so I followed your footsteps. I received 1,270 coins but ONLY 5 boosts — bummer dude! Still, I came out ahead.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator