Posts created by crystalwitch1955

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 22, 17 1:54 AM
mally512 wrote:I was wondering when spring terrace opens up again i thought spingtime was now

Hi Mally512.

As far as I can remember, the Spring event starts in April. Not sure of date but it seems to vary from one year to the next anyway.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 22, 17 1:28 AM
Margolden wrote:Hope someone can help. I'm on level 49 and have been playing for over a year. Every day I go to friends and give gifts. But I am yet to receive any - or in the last few months anyway. I've read other people saying they receive gifts every day, including big items like rare pets eggs, but I have had the same request up for months and received nothing. I have four friends (no idea who they are!!) that I send things to every day. But not a thing in return.
Any ideas gratefully received!!

Hi Margolden. It seems really unusual if none of your friends are gifting you - may be a silly question, but have you put anything on your wish list? Friends can only gift if you have.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 22, 17 2:42 PM
Soller123 wrote:As much as I enjoy this game, unless you spend money its too slow and frustrating to be able to progress. The night mode is ridiculous and boring and totally ruins the game, an obvious way for them to make more money. I come straight out of it and often just come out of Midnight Castle altogether and play something that doesn't cost anything, and not so annoying. It's a shame they've spoiled what was an enjoyable game but it's all about them making as much money as they can, typical of today's world unfortunately ??

Hi. I am at level 74, have been playing for around three years now and have never spent any real money on the game. Once I had got the achievement for playing in night mode, I turned it off but occasionally turn it back on for a short while just to challenge myself a bit more. You have the choice whether to speed things up by using real money to buy diamonds but not at all necessary. If you have to do a quest which requires you to visit the same HOS two or three times, it may be worth using one of the energy ball things to allow you to revisit the same HOS as often as you want within an hour.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 18, 17 4:09 AM
Something a little strange has happened. When I went in to gift my friends earlier, all of those which had been displaying red icons had turned green! I know for a fact that at least some of them are unable to play as they have switched to new devices and had their games transferred too. Most of those have added 'new' to their player names so it is easy to see which are current, but can't imagine what has made their old games go live again. Rise of the MC zombies, perhaps? lol

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 3, 16 1:40 AM
Jackie34918 wrote:
Trixy1950 wrote:I am at level 74, when will the dragon speak?

Hi and welcome to the forum! Nobody knows when there will be an update. Only the devs have that info and they are not sharing it. We are anxiously waiting for the Christmas event to start.

Hi Trixy, Jackie is absolutely right; no-one knows exactly when the next update will be. If I had to guess, though, I would say not before January. At some point in the next couple of weeks, we should get the Christmas event, and I don't think the update will happen before that finishes.

posted in Midnight Castle on Nov 10, 16 2:06 PM
luciousrocks wrote:Hi everyone, I wanted to ask how many ghosts are we to collect in the ghost albums. Some, I have 50 of and others, only 12 or 14. Does anyone know the number of each ghost we are to collect?? I have the 500 ghost quest already, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks all

Hi. In theory, you only need one of each ghost; 9 red, 9 blue and 9 green. In reality, everyone has loads of most ghosts but have to wait for ages to get the final elusive ones. In your achievement list, the one where you have to get 27 'unique' ghosts, it simply means at least one of each of the 27. If you look at the ghost keeper icon on the right of your screen, it will show you which ones are missing

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 24, 16 7:06 AM
Can I just ask anyone who uses 'Player' as their game name to either change to a name or put something with 'player' such as a number. I currently have four friends called 'player' and two of them have the same avatar so it's very difficult when gifting to know which one it is. Also, players who have had to re invite friends, please put 'new' or something. It's ok when an old game goes inactive as I don't gift those with the red on their IDs but several have an old and new game running with the same name, avatar and sometimes exactly the same wish list.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 20, 16 1:29 AM
Does anybody know what purpose the red, blue and green ghosts have? I assume that there is a reason for them to be collected in the icon on the right hand side of the screen, but can't work out what.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 18, 16 4:12 AM
kim_veronica wrote:Hi Everyone....so I logged on this morning to see the Halloween event, hadn't known previously about it, love the little ghosts instead of the flowers, what is the blue green and red ghost thing about please? I couldn't see where to find out about them. Loving the game...second time round lol

The red blue and green ghosts count towards achievements, and also are asked for in some of the daily quests, but you do need the ghost traps to catch them - you get them from some of the HOS or you can buy them with diamonds or exchange the sweets for them if you click on the family on the entrance page.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 16, 16 8:58 AM
luner71 wrote:I gave up. I can't keep playing the same thing over and over again every day. It get to be boring. So I deleted it . Thanks for no help when I asked questions. You never answerd . Barbara

luv2playhog answered you within a few hours of you posting. Most of us who have played for a long time do get bored from time to time - I usually just find something else to do or play to build up my coins/diamonds/inventory. Obviously it's your decision whether to keep playing, but for a free game, I don't think we have anything to complain about.

posted in Midnight Castle on Oct 4, 16 12:58 AM
Luckytrev wrote:Hi everyone, is it just me or is this challenge a little more realistic. There are still plenty of frustrating parts, but not as many as the first one, I think the devs have got the right balance this time - don't want it so easy it's boring.

I have a suggestion for future updates. Is there a way you could use your gold coins to buy diamonds and vice versa? Or could we pay for inventory at the zoom zones with diamonds OR coins? It seems to me most of us have a stockpile of one or the other. I am always running out of diamonds, but seem to maintain a high level of coins. I often get to part 8 of the 10 part quest and if I had a few more diamonds I could finish, but if the option to use coins was available I would be able to complete the quest.

Anyway, that's my first ever game suggestion. I do love this game, in fact I am a bit obsessed. Good job to all who are involved in bringing this game to us, and for free! Thanks.

Happy gaming everyone
Luckytrev

Oh and I have a couple of friends still called player, can new players please change your name so I can sort out my gifting register.

So agree with you. I have often wished that coins and diamonds could be exchanged for each other and either used to buy items.
I also have three friends called player, and now, two of them are using the same avatar! Please put something with 'Player' to identify yourselves.

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 12, 16 4:55 AM
c0c0_nuts wrote:
gameslvr wrote:
Thanks Coconuts, but now I'm really confused. I know for a fact that Harry-O and I were sending gifts back and forth. I don't remember the whole name or I would request him again! I hope he sees this and sends a request to me.

The invited tab serves 2 purposes:
1) lists people you have sent invites
2) lists friends who have deleted you from their friend list

Sometimes people go to gift a friend and accidentally click on the trash can icon. I have made this mistake myself, but quickly realized my mistake, went to my declined list, and accepted the person again.

Your friend could have deleted you by accident and did not realize that you was in their declined list. Hopefully, he will see you post.

I have also experienced some kind of glitch which puts friends into the invited or deleted list. On several occasions, when I have gone to the friend list, ready to gift, before I click on anything, I find two or three names have removed to one of these and they haven't done anything either. All you can do is re-invite or re-accept.

posted in Midnight Castle on Sep 6, 16 5:47 AM
Nelly469 wrote:Do I need more than 50 destiny keys? Am at Level 69 and have opened the ghostly chest.

Can't be certain, but the fact that we can still get them suggests that there may be another quest that needs them.

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 20, 16 12:18 AM
gameslvr wrote:Making my way through the 100 HO scenes to get the 100 airship items. Friends can't gift them. Anyone know a faster way to get them?

BTW- Does anyone know a way to turn that mailman off? I never take part in the tournaments because I'm just not fast enough and its really annoying getting mail from the mailman all the time!

I think the only way to get the airship items is through continuously doing HOS. I thought that if I used the four exclusive food pets and could get the blue chests, that would help but it doesn't count; although one pet gave six airship items, they did not show up on the castle challenge. As far as I know, you can't turn mailman off - and if you did, as well as not getting tournament alerts, you would not be able to collect any rewards you earn in the castle challenge and that is also the way that your friends gifts come through

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 4, 16 8:04 AM
nanasue12 wrote:I have two questions for experienced MC players. First, gifting etiquette? I have a lot of friends from the SE and most are at a much higher level than I am. They have been VERY generous! Some days I get 15 or more SIGNIFICANT gifts! But I work 10+ hours a day and can usually send only five or ten gifts a day. I cannot catch up with these generous people! Please advise on what I should do. I do not want to delete these wonderful friends. Should I delete my wish list for a while until I catch up? And second, the airship. If I send one at say, 7:00pm, the next day at the same time, it will tell me I have to wait four hours to send it again. Is that how the game works or is this a glitch? Any advice you could provide would be very welcome. Thank you!

You could delete your wish list if you want to, but your friends send you gifts because they want to, and always have the option not to. I have too many friends to be able to gift everyone, every day, and try to do them in order (excluding those who are currently inactive. I do try to return gifts to those who have sent to me, but it isn't always possible because I don't always have what they need. One friend has sent gifts for two or three days, but I have nothing on their wish list so cannot reciprocate. However, the reverse is also true and if I send a gift to someone and don't get anything from them, I assume that they don't have what I need.
As far as the airship is concerned, when it arrives, you have 16 hours before it goes off, whether you've packed it or not. If you send it straight away, you have 4 hours before it returns, although you can call it back quicker with diamonds if you need to. I never pack and send them any more except when a quest asks for it. You can also send them empty if you have none or very few of one of the items, which I do when I know I can't fill one or more of the chests on airship but a quest/task asks for airship to be sent - when it comes back, there's a good chance it will ask for different items.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 31, 16 12:01 AM
Yay. Got my little elephant. Amongst the changes in the last update, has anyone noticed that you now need fewer coins to craft pets? I actually have all of them in this game but a couple of months ago, bored with waiting for the update, I started a new game on my android tablet and have accumulated enough coins, eggs and inventory to craft some pets on there. I was pleasantly surprised when I went through them to see which ones I could afford, to find that a couple that were previously 50,000 and 20,000 are now 2,000 and 1,500 coins.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 23, 16 6:49 AM
gameslvr wrote:I was a little disappointed when I finished the Castle Challenge that nothing happened. It was pretty difficult in parts and I guess I expected some kind of fanfare, fireworks, something to say "You made it"!

That's how I felt! I finished on the final day of the challenges and thought we might get a few diamonds or stamps but nothing. Bit disappointing.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 21, 16 1:22 AM
MariteB wrote:Did you all notice that with the latest PC update, the number of items needed to complete some of the zoom zones has decreased ....for example, the Harp in the Blossoms only needs one star not two....Iron Box needs only one eye, Bear in bar scene only needs one of each item....THANKS DEVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marite

I noticed that too; also the Winter Idol now only needs one each of the mask and arm. I second your thanks to the devs, it makes completing the quests much quicker to achieve. I'm also glad to see the return of the night mode - I know a lot of players don't like it but it can be switched off and I will be able to complete that achievement.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 16, 16 11:47 PM
I didn't have too much trouble getting past the iron chest quest. As far as I can tell, they go in sequence; wooden, iron, silver, gold. If you know the 'tell' for gold, then watch a sequence go round and try to aim for half way through that. It's not foolproof, but mostly worked for me.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 16, 16 11:00 AM
linpat wrote:Does anyone know which pets are best for getting iron chests?

You can get iron chests off all your pets - it's just getting the timing right - trial and error!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator