Posts created by Linalie

posted in Sunken Secrets on Aug 12, 17 12:56 PM
Keep in mind though, if you are more interested in leveling than making coin, you can always pack cheaper/easier items for the experience they give even if you don't send the balloon...items like apples, oranges, carrots, potatoes and the juices from apples and oranges - all easy, and cheap. I look for things like this when I know I can't send a balloon due to time, inventory, etc.

Of course if you are more into making coins, then sell these items instead of tossing them into the balloons.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Aug 12, 17 8:41 AM
What does it foretell...? My guess is that someone on the Dev team couldn't work it into the story...like fire giants and unicorn what-ever never really belonged to begin with. Maybe they will put that energy into something better. It has taken so long from release of this game to latest update, it is also possible that many of the team working on development of this game are new and not the original staff. So I guess we wait and see if there is going to be more to come beyond the murals on the castle walls.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Aug 11, 17 8:54 PM
Same here, Ollie is parked over the new area and very much in the way. Can't really remember when he moved there, but it was awhile back and it surprised me even then that he moved to a different spot. Now I want him to move out of the way.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Aug 9, 17 2:24 PM
De-cursing in progress... More bricks being mined... Forewarned all the little dudes and dudettes that they will be burning the midnight oil making those Foundation Bricks. I promised them some Pumpkin Pie at break time

posted in Sunken Secrets on Aug 8, 17 5:39 PM
It also helps to go look at the castle of a higher level player and do some comparison...that's how I found a window I completely overlooked.

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 8, 17 12:42 PM
Same as the others so far - the first 16 in the main castle - for much the same reason - DQs. I don't do much in the way of "rounds" when there is nothing going on. I also do not like to max out my newer areas so I avoid them until needed. It is quite handy to keep their cool down time low. They will get maxed out in time.

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 8, 17 9:08 AM
Mirror Nave - yes, I know the girl is a marionette...but still...the angle of her legs/feet just...hurts!!! If she were mine I would straighten out her pose.

posted in Midnight Castle on Aug 7, 17 6:01 PM
I think it's interesting and fun to hear about other people's personal goals and accomplishments. The forum is really the only place you can discuss your frustrations, cheer others on, or boast a bit about your successes. (Well...you could tell your cat/dog, but they probably don't care )

I'll probably never be among them, because when there are no events or new content I find it difficult to do more than gift, spin the wheel and see if there is a reasonably doable (for me) DQ. I'm at max level and have trouble doing repetitive tasks without some driving force (like new content, or castle challenges). I've more than enough coins to support any new content updates, and enough inventory to keep up with challenges, so I don't feel compelled to work on building those up either.

I work full time and have other commitments as well, so this game is low on my list of things to do each day, but I do enjoy it and will keep playing until it is discontinued/ended.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Jul 31, 17 4:12 PM
Hi Sanzi,

Yes, I see your point and others and acknowledge this in my previous post. My statements were only intended to make folks realize that yes, there are different ways to play this game and that there are other views...one person's annoyance/issue may not be someone else's.

I guess I don't feel the crunch so much because the high-end long to make items I make go straight to whichever request I am filling. I don't plop a lot of those items into my market unless James was over generous and sold me 5 Jewelry Boxes (as an example). But yes, I understand how it could very well be frustrating to spend a lot of time and resources on something and it not appear to go to someone in need and instead winds up in the mass-buyer's marketplace (where hopefully it still does end up in the hands of someone that needs it - we can only hope).

I've seen other games where people "wished" for a change and the change was not no good (shards in anther BF game). I think it is healthy to have a variety of views expressed so that all readers (including the forum mods) are aware of the various methods of gameplay. Often when developers make a change to "fix" an issue like this one, the end result may not be what anyone really wants...so the more information provided, the better they can understand and come up with something that keeps the game fun but doesn't hinder the free-market feel either.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Jul 31, 17 3:01 PM
What we need is an update. That will fix many issues as people will be working on that updated content and won't be so focused on who buys how many things from who.

Some of us play this game in an entirely different manner with varying goals. Despite all these friends/followers/following "people" this is really not a "social" game..I don't know any of them nor can I tell any of them what I need, nor can they convey to me what they need. They are just names. Maybe they will buy what I have to sell, maybe they won't and vice-versus.

For example: My goal right now is to hit 125, max out my storage, buy the machines I am missing, upgrade my fountains, etc. I fill balloon, villager and order board requests and toss whatever I feel is excess into my market. I want it to sell as fast as possible and I don't care who buys it, so I can toss more stuff out there and make more coins while keeping my storage space reasonable. I farm, manufacture and sell. That's the original premise of this game from what I understood.

Is it frustrating when you need 10 lemons and can't find a single market with any lemons? Sure it is...but you know what? It was like that before all these folks started doing all this "massive buyout shopping"...I could never find what I needed quickly no matter how many markets I visited. So I adapted and accepted that some orders will get trashed or take a day to complete.

Yes, I can see how some of you who have managed to actually find each other via this forum (or other means) are frustrated when you can't help each other out with a particular item because someone else buys you completely out in the blink of an eye, but keep in mind that not all of us are in that boat and these "raiders" as you call them are actually helping me (and others who are in the same boat as me) by clearing out all my "unwanted excess" as fast as possible.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 28, 17 4:09 PM
For me it's the Thimble...doesn't matter which HOS, anywhere I need to find that thing it always eludes me!!

posted in Midnight Castle on Jul 5, 17 7:05 PM
I think the Light Bringer was pretty interesting...too bad he wasn't around long but we got his likeness in Spring in the Lords collection globes. Other than that, Norman wasn't bad looking and Ilreth is definitely hot.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 18, 17 6:02 PM
Congratulations!!

I've got a way to go yet, but I'll get there...and hopefully find some missing Creatures along the way.

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 18, 17 5:46 PM
Nice and easy, done!

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 17, 17 5:18 PM
Same and have all my ladies now, too.

The Fairy finally showed up. Still hunting down one Lord and two Creatures.

~Linn

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 16, 17 6:43 PM
Chocolates done (thanks swapping friends!!) - on to stock up on carrots for tomorrow's "Ladies".

~Linn

posted in Midnight Castle on Apr 15, 17 6:16 PM
Smiles done, did some morphing egg hunting for them - ChocSwp on my avatar ready for tomorrow.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Apr 15, 17 5:16 PM
mamarose1900 wrote:My plan, such as it is, is to play the way I always do. Whatever tickets I earn will be fine. But I'm not putting a lot of effort into it.

Same here, not going to go nuts on requests, etc. just play as I normally do and enjoy the little bonus since I am still leveling and building up coins. I will say though I was a little sad to not see some type of egg/flowers/bunnies type of thing happen for Easter/Spring.

~Linn

posted in Sunken Secrets on Apr 14, 17 10:31 AM
I just saw this message from Ralfie as well...PC platform. So maybe this one will actually be the "Spring Event" and not another "ticket catch up" thing.

posted in Sunken Secrets on Apr 13, 17 5:42 AM
Currently I do not have any of the fountains that have to be bought with pearls, but with the game's current state, I really don't need them. Sometime in the future I will start buying a few just for the achievement, but not because I need more magic generated.

Of course, this is subject to change if the game changes again...

~Linn

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator