Posts created by Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 10, 18 12:00 PM
And a really active, useful, friendly, awesome Forum!!!

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 10, 18 5:56 AM
One double six this morning, one more double six left to go!
Yay, me!
Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 9, 18 4:06 PM
Hmm, at the rate I'm progressing it will be Christmas of 2020 that takes place in the burning castle.

Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 9, 18 7:57 AM
A ferret is digging at my arm. I come fully awake with a start. It's dark, cold, and I can't move. The fur on my face feels exposed to the chilled air, but my body seems to be bound up.

Cash stops pawing at me and tells me to be still. Someone is here, he doesn't understand who, but they're coming to take me away (ha ha). He and the pigeon are safe and unknown for the moment. There have been explosions going on and who knows how long any of us will be okay. He's pretty sure the Chapel was hit already.

I close my eyes. I'm in the Antique Shop, still -- I can tell by the distinctive scent of the beeswax candles always lit. I hear someone moving around, but at a bit of a distance, perhaps in the back storeroom.

I give Cash instructions. Give the pigeon a note and send it out unnoticed. Then activate one of the tracers sewn into the hem of my doublet, and finally get my phone to Randy or PTG or anyone!

It tickles when Cash tunnels down inside my jacket. He wriggles this way across my ribs and that way across my belly, activating the tracer and then emerging with pen, paper and phone. He meticulously transcribes the message I've dictated. There is a crash in the back room and muttering. Nervous chuckling from the pigeon as Cash attaches my message. A soft, velvet explosion as the pigeon relocates to the dusty swags decorating the ceiling; a violin bow hidden there falls with a clatter. Decisive footsteps now approach the front room.

Hide! I tell Cash, and be safe!

The back of the shop has been behind me all this time, so I can't see who comes. I'm roughly hoisted up and carried away. Not out the front door, or to the back room, but down a trap door.

More tunnels?

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 8, 18 7:23 AM
AuntieRoo wrote:I am extremely concerned at this latest situation!!!!
My Special Room hideaway is....above Salty's Bar

Could be the antics in the Special Room are having an effect beyond our thread.
We've certainly blown things up many, many times!

Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 4, 18 3:08 PM
I'd also like one or two of the Halloween ghosts. They could give us a choice: pick two, say, out of the 36. Then we'd ALL have a different combination of pets.

Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 4, 18 2:19 PM
Cloud City, Commercial District!

Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 4, 18 4:46 AM
I still need two! Been stuck for months. Never posted about it, though, so - here's hoping for good luck for both of us.

Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 3, 18 2:58 PM
* It's Babo's birthday and I'm going to bake a red velvet octopus cake for her.

* Instead of pre-heating, however, the oven gets colder and colder. Finally Cash tells me I haven't remembered to turn it on and there is no time now. Babo arrives at 3:15, or maybe that's 9:13 - Cash isn't sure, because it all happened well before his time - but he does know the urban legend about the cat and the large sheet of sticker paper, which is why the cat now hates everyone.

* Anyway, Cash says, you need to wake up now, before it's so cold you don't wake up at all. He kisses my cheek, which he hardly ever does these days. Also, he adds, I don't know what to do about this bird.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 2, 18 9:33 AM
Ooh, I've been waiting for this thread!

I want a ferret
a fish in a fish bowl
the Chamberlain as a bat
one of the gremlins from the slot machine

Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 30, 18 6:41 PM
Pierogies, yum.....
Grim

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 28, 18 9:47 AM
A throbbing chortle near my ear.
Something pokes uncomfortably into my ribs.
It's dim and cold and not worth waking up for….

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 21, 18 5:18 AM
Dhyaniland wrote:

I still think that Midnight Castle Merch (including the Music) would be a GREAT marketing tool for the Game.

XXOO ~ Dhyani

Yes, please! Midnight Castle merchandise! I can think of all sorts of things I'd buy and use!

Grim

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 20, 18 3:41 PM
Wickerbat and Cash tunnel through the drifted snow, spring up, and tunnel down again. I idly watch pigeons strut and cluster in the Square. They startle at an unseen cue, bunching into the air and resettling again in a different quarter. Cash climbs onto my lap shivering, and I wrap him in my scarf.

The pigeons explode upward again, this time alighting on the roof of the Metro station, except for one white beauty which saunters toward me. It flutters onto my lap.

"Thought I recognized you," I whisper to it, as I fumble for the message I'm sure is on its leg.

Next moment I am flung against the wall of the Antique Shop. Then it's dark.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 18, 18 11:45 AM
"No pets," says the shopkeeper when I enter the Doll Shop.

"Pardon?"

"Those furrets," is the reply.

I look down. Cash and Wickerbat wind themselves in little circles, flinging clumps of melting snow about. "How in the world did you get here this time?" I ask, but they just drape themselves, one each, across my feet and grin up at me. I apologize to the shopkeeper, give him a diamond, and let myself out the back.

The alleys of Rocksville are sketchy places at best, not being formally developed for the game. I let myself into the call box and look around for another message. The ferrets scramble up and sit on my shoulders.

There is nothing so obvious as a note tacked to the wall, nor does the telephone does ring on my arrival. Hmm. I tickle Cash's whiskers….

The usual graffiti is scratched around the walls of the booth:
"For a good time call ---"
"I.K. loves A."
"Ming's Chinese Carry-out - #3611"
etc...

…and then this:

"An assassin, name of Chris,
Dueled with a feisty miss.
Well she played him for a fool --
Gotta love that Jenny Rule!
Though the Forum was impressed,
Sadly, she was laid to rest."

This is followed by an additional couplet, scratched in a different style:

"We miss her rhymes, they were exquisite.
Have you ever paid a visit?"

My eyes sting a little. This message is for me, I'm sure. I'm relieved that I'm not expected to order take-out from Ming's again. (Although, now I think about it, some Singapore rice noodle would be very good.)

Wickerbat shoves his head into my hand, demanding his share of whisker-tickling. I've got to focus. I make my way back to the Town Square and sit on a bench and think.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 14, 18 5:15 PM
Never actually stopped doing the regular scenes....
Grim

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 14, 18 1:19 PM
I do have the Squirrel, but my hundredth egg was a squirrel egg, thereby earning me the Woodpecker.
(trying to be too clever, I guess - sorry)
Grim

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 14, 18 1:00 PM
I also achieved the Woodpecker this morning! It hatched out of a squirrel egg,
Cheers!
Grimwald

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 14, 18 10:12 AM
The snow has gotten pretty deep along the scrubby road that leads through the forest between the Castle and Rocksville. When I stand, it's up to my knees at least. I stumble and fall a couple of times, only to land face down yet again. My fingers touch something smooth, rounded, and ever so slightly warm. I dig in the snow and find a wagon wheel and an egg.

I brush off the snow. It's a squirrel egg. Cool. This is an easy 5000, when I get to Town. I wrap it in my borrowed scarf and tuck it inside my doublet for safekeeping, and start to lope along the top of the snow on all fours.

After a brisk half hour's effort, I crest a last hill and Rocksville comes into sight. I slip yet again, roll down the slope and crack up against a tree. Ow!

But something is wriggling on my chest! Half-expecting a re-enactment of a scene from Alien, I rip open my jacket to find a WOODPECKER!

I hear the accompanying chime that means an angel got its wings - I mean, that I have completed an achievement! Yay, me.

I trot into Rocksville, feeling rather pleased with myself.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 14, 18 6:43 AM
As the Crow squawks and its telepathic message begins to form in our minds, something tugs on my sleeve. It is one of the children who have been shilling wands and gifts out at the crossroads, the older boy, slipping something into my hand. He gives me a conspiratorial wink. I tip my ear at him in response, and he ducks away.

I am holding a folded piece of paper with my name, Grimwald. I know this handwriting. The message inside reads "We need to talk. Check the call box for further details. ~CA"

Murmuring and low buzzing now fill the Tea Room as the others begin talking amongst themselves. The Crow has finished delivering its message, but I have been neatly distracted. I have no idea what was said!

Deliberate? Possibly. In that case, I shall consider myself as singled out for a different purpose. I ease through the crowd until my back is against the wall. Right now, what is my fastest way to the Town, without forcing an aperture…? My pending quest will send me to Cloud City, which I prefer to delay until after the Winter Event. If I twitch the time strands, the Assassin is still trying to off the Keeper of Wishes, which is counterproductive to the message in hand. Looks like I'll have to walk.

I straighten my hat, borrow a newly knitted scarf from a nearby table, and head out into the snow.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator