Posts created by LoriW

posted in The Promised Land on Aug 1, 12 2:25 PM
Thanks Cimarron

posted in The Promised Land on Jul 30, 12 3:50 PM
You shouldn't have a problem with this as the instructions should take you to the building screen. From there you purchase the house - first building on the top row. You will then get the foundations/a ruined looking building. Put someone to work at it and they will automatically start building. Note: you can't get the new character to work until he has accommodation.

posted in The Promised Land on Jul 30, 12 3:33 PM
The responses in this thread may help:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/217131.page

posted in The Promised Land on Jul 30, 12 3:30 PM
You can set any experienced worker to teach at the school but the teaching goes faster if you set someone with the same trade you want taught.

Apart from the masters in everything stating they have experience in all professions (or however, it puts it) I didn't notice anything different from when you start out.

posted in The Promised Land on Jul 30, 12 3:27 PM
They can be controlled. You can tilt the cannon to get a different trajectory for the cannonball and as SeverineSnape said the more you pull the fuse back the more powerful the blast will be.

I found that targetting the structure just under the highest pirates was best. As they and parts of the structure fall down they will destabilise other bits of the structure and sometimes kill more pirates. The cannonball would also often bounce around a bit again doing more damage.

posted in The Promised Land on Jul 30, 12 3:23 PM
If the worker is carrying out their preferred task they won't be in any danger carrying out the task.

posted in The Promised Land on Jul 25, 12 7:12 PM
I think you get them as a reward for completing one of the tasks. I can't remember which one though.

None of the things you need to get for learning skills, etc are found around the island. They are all either given as a reward or bought via the ship.

posted in Build-a-lot: Fairy Tales on Jul 25, 12 7:05 PM
I didn't need to have the buildings in any formula to beat the level except having the harps between 2 houses. You must make sure that the harps give extra charm to the house at each side.

Painting and enchanting the 11 houses gives you 110 charm points and the 2 harps give an extra 120 (20 for each harp and 20 for each house).

If you have these buildings and don't have 230 then you either don't have the harps in the right place or not all the houses have been painted or enchanted.

I found the trick was to sell the manor first and then use the money in order toget the fairies and materials needed to build a tower as well as buying the speed up.

posted in The Promised Land on Jul 22, 12 1:53 PM
Thank you! I was beginning to think I'd never get it right.

posted in The Promised Land on Jul 22, 12 1:49 PM
Yes, it's the linen grown in the lower field that's needed.

posted in The Promised Land on Jul 21, 12 7:19 PM
Get in touch with Customer Support via to the right. Explain what has happened and that you can't play the game because of this. They may give you a refund.

posted in Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics on Jul 21, 12 3:45 PM
The modes are like the power-ups, etc. You unlock them by getting stars and moving up the list of companies.

posted in Burger Bustle: Ellie's Organics on Jul 21, 12 3:43 PM
Sorry, I've not come anywhere near 10,000 either.

posted in The Promised Land on Jul 18, 12 2:17 PM
rodneybear2 wrote:So what does it mean when the person in the circle is red instead of white?

The person will lose health while working there and will have to treated with healing herbs at the hospital.

posted in The Promised Land on Jul 18, 12 2:14 PM
I found the same thing. If a worker is assigned to a farming task they don't acquire more stars.

It's really good that they don't lose stars already earned when you reassign their trade at the school. It makes things so much easier.

posted in The Promised Land on Jul 18, 12 2:10 PM
You will get the magic axe from completing one of the quests.

posted in The Promised Land on Jul 18, 12 2:09 PM
The villager will research first. When the research is complete if you drop the villager on the treasure they will pick it up.

posted in Westward II: Heroes of the Frontier on Apr 9, 12 11:51 AM
Or build a ranch.

posted in White Haven Mysteries Collector's Edition on Mar 31, 12 11:59 AM
You need the patient info sheet. Place this on the wall with the pictures and you'll then be given the ones you need.

posted in White Haven Mysteries Collector's Edition on Mar 31, 12 11:58 AM
I just put the herbicide on the part of the tree holding the bucket.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator