Posts created by sammy219

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 28, 17 8:53 AM
Oh yeah, and no new offer today. Please explain?

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 28, 17 8:47 AM

But the issues with freezing and crashing and everything else, slowing when playing poltergeists, slowing badly in comps and duels, well, in my experience, that has been happening for months now, before the security issue surfaced and I believe the game, like many others I have tried to play through BFG, isn't that compatible with the latest Win update. BFG have a role to play here in upgrading their entire site to become compatible with the latest Windows upgrade. And the devs of the game, well they need to scramble too to make this game playable. If BFG want to continue to blame the devs for all issues here, well I think anyone playing any game in the latest Win upgrade would beg to differ. They run slow, or crash or have "fatal exceptions" too. Yep I think this is a bigger problem than we have been led to believe, and for forks sake, just be honest about it. Major updates need to be made for PCs who are running the latest Microsoft updates. It seems Mac users have also been left in the cold. Blaming it on security is an easy way out, imho. Tell us what is really going on, we are all waiting for an honest response

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 28, 17 8:40 AM
I have been playing on IE for several months now, even before the latest security issue, and it has always been unstable. I know this because I have played this game for many years now as annebrady, on a mac, and I had problems then too, I admit, but nothing like those I have experienced since playing on a PC. For many, many months, I could not access the game at all. On Edge or Firefox, I didn't try Chrome. Then, by an accident, I found I could open the old IE site and get in. And I must add again, this was months before this latest security issue. So the problems I had, and still have (except for those beautiful days when I was able to access the game via Chrome after your advice) are:
1. The game often doesn't load correctly, ie you see the whirly circles in place of artefacts and certain game offers/quests. I can continue to play in this case but the game will eventually freeze or crash
2. If the game doesn't load correctly, and I try to go through the rune maze and ask for help feeding a dragon, or I try to enter a quest and feed a dragon, the help requested" pop up does not go away. If I continue to play, the game will freeze at the end of any room I visit, and I need to start again. Sometimes the whole computer locks down on this one.
3. The game also has difficulty if you are in a quest and the next room is in another part of the portal eg moving from Bellows Manor to Paris. I need to exit the quest call and manually access the next destination, otherwise the game/and or my computer will freeze.
4. The other sign that the game will freeze is if, whilst helping other dragon runes in the beginning of the game, you don't get any gifts, but this is something I had when playing on a mac too
5. I cannot access the Legends tab, if I try, the game will freeze
6. I cannot access the "chest" in Duels mode, again, if I try, game freeze.
When I was able, oh so briefly, able to play on Chrome, these issues did not occur. So I think this issues with the game freezing and crashing, aren't due to the security problem, but rather an incompatibility with Win 10 and IE 11. Yes, I acknowledge that playing on may open me up to security issues like malware etc. I am no computer expert. My life recently has been full of really crap things, so I am willing to take that risk just to get some respite from "normal" life. Malware is a threat, I don't deny that.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 28, 17 8:35 AM
happened to me yet. Maybe it will? But jeez my life recently has been full of really crap things, so I am willing to take that risk just to get some respite from "normal" life. Malware is a threat, I don't deny that. But the issues with freezing and crashing and everything else, slowing when playing poltergeists, slowing badly in comps and duels, well, in my experience, that has been happening for months now, before the security issue surfaced and I believe the game, like many others I have tried to play through BFG, isn't that compatible with the latest Win update. BFG have a role to play here in upgrading their entire site to become compatible with the latest Windows upgrade. And the devs of the game, well they need to scramble too to make this game playable. If BFG want to continue to blame the devs for all issues here, well I think anyone playing any game in the latest Win upgrade would beg to differ. They run slow, or crash or have "fatal exceptions" too. Yep I think this is a bigger problem than we have been led to believe, and for forks sake, just be honest about it

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 28, 17 8:26 AM
ratchetr wrote:D58hDf

FWIW: I've found with IE that if I shut it down and restart after 3 or 4 refreshes, it is much more stable. Game loads almost every time, and no serious lag issues, as long as I do that.

Hi ratchetr, I agree totally with your comment. I have been playing on IE for several months now, even before the latest security issue, and it has always been unstable. I know this because I have played this game for many years now as annebrady, on a mac, and I had problems then too, I admit, but nothing like those I have experienced since playing on a PC. For many, many months, I could not access the game at all. On Edge or Firefox, I didn't try Chrome. Then, by an accident, I found I could open the old IE site and get in. And I must add again, this was months before this latest security issue. So the problems I had, and still have (except for those beautiful days when I was able to access the game via Chrome after your advice) are:
1. The game often doesn't load correctly, ie you see the whirly circles in place of artefacts and certain game offers/quests. I can continue to play in this case but the game will eventually freeze or crash
2. If the game doesn't load correctly, and I try to go through the rune maze and ask for help feeding a dragon, or I try to enter a quest and feed a dragon, the help requested" pop up does not go away. If I continue to play, the game will freeze at the end of any room I visit, and I need to start again. Sometimes the whole computer locks down on this one.
3. The game also has difficulty if you are in a quest and the next room is in another part of the portal eg moving from Bellows Manor to Paris. I need to exit the quest call and manually access the next destination, otherwise the game/and or my computer will freeze.
4. The other sign that the game will freeze is if, whilst helping other dragon runes in the beginning of the game, you don't get any gifts, but this is something I had when playing on a mac too
5. I cannot access the Legends tab, if I try, the game will freeze
6. I cannot access the "chest" in Duels mode, again, if I try, game freeze.
When I was able, oh so briefly, able to play on Chrome, these issues did not occur. So I think this issues with the game freezing and crashing, aren't due to the security problem, but rather an incompatibility with Win 10 and IE 11. Yes, I acknowledge that playing on may open me up to security issues like malware etc. I am no computer expert. Thankfully that ha

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 24, 17 12:24 AM
I LOVE your user name! grannylovesgames!

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 23, 17 9:34 PM
Great idea!
My neighbour code is Bh5kRk.

I found that SsSrR6 worked btw for AlexFred

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 19, 17 11:18 AM
afspam wrote:
sammy219 wrote:[...] I can't remember which discussion it was in, but rachterr (I don't think that's the right name but it's something like that) actually explains about how it has to do with the fact that the dev site is http ie not secure which is fighting against BFG site which is https and secure.[...]

I'm not sure that's actually accurate. I play the game directly on the playme8 site as well as here, and that site is definitely secure.

Also, if I've got the correct post, ratchetr was the first to describe how to bypass the security settings on your computer in order to play, they weren't commenting on the security of the site.

one of the mods said that the latest update of the game software was incompatible with this site.

thanks afspam. Can you tell me exactly how you play directly from the playme8 site? I go there, and they seem to offer a lot of options to play through 2nd hand sites, but several of their options are in Cyrillic text so I guess one of them may be their direct site. But I don't speak Russian, and my only experience with Cyrillic was trying to translate Japan when it first came available and was all in Russian. So I don't think playing in Russian would work for me. And also when ever I try to access any of those sites, I get a message stating they aren't available in my area (Australia) and any site I could possibly join, want me to provide a payment option, and I am unable to use any of the options provided, Also, as I explained in my post. I am no expert here, but was trying to summarise, badly, ratcherr's posts in the other post about people still playing, which actually makes a lot of sense, if you want to read them. Yes he described how to bypass the settings, but also explained what was actually going on and why this was happening, and also why those bypass options are no longer working, I suggest you look at what he actually has been saying, it is really helpful

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 18, 17 8:31 AM
Oh and I have contacted the play people previously about other issues and have had a response back within a day. I will try with this issue too but I think there is some major stuff going down btwn BFG and the devs and so maybe nothing we can do will help fix it

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 18, 17 8:29 AM
Hi sroberts911, if you look on the post called "it's back and it works" some people explain how they have been getting in on Chrome, but that doesn't seem to work any more. If your playing on a mac, it seems nothing will help. I can't remember which discussion it was in, but rachterr (I don't think that's the right name but it's something like that) actually explains about how it has to do with the fact that the dev site is http ie not secure which is fighting against BFG site which is https and secure. He/she explains it much better than I can so go looking for it. It was either in the tech forum or the post I described above or the one about numbers of players on the site

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 18, 17 5:34 AM
Emmielou, same for me, I can't get in on Chrome anymore or Game manager. IE works but not so well, so I guess we just have to wait and hope that BFG can negotiate with the devs to have it fixed, doesn't sound that hopeful though. And afspam, I have tried before to play on that site but can't as I can't access any of their options from where I live

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 7, 17 10:17 PM
I am in the same boat, there is only so many times I can clear that cache lol

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 7, 17 10:15 PM
Thanks Kat! And Draeko, good move. Tech support told me there was nothing they could do to fix the issues I have, given I have tried all the suggestions they have already. I hope they do contact the developers and get some solution soon.

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 7, 17 11:03 AM
Hey all mods, I appreciate your work and I understand that you really just here to respond and reassure and guide us. Yes I know you are sorry about our issues, have tried all the appropriate measures to try and sort out my connection issues. I am still having issues, I think I probably can load about 1 in 10 times, and when I do, the game doesn't load properly, lots of swirly icons, so if I try to do anything, even visiting neighbours, or gifting or anything really, it's good for 1 or 2 times, then the game freezes or has a server issue. Yes I have contacted tech support and I await their response. I have been playing this game for about 5 years now in various guises. And honestly, been there done that with your tech support crew. I understand a few things here: As moderators your job is to put out fires and give really generic advice, that honestly, as well meaning as you are, doesn't solve the problem. 2. I am guessing you are either from the USA or else trained to say I'm sorry to hear..... as a way of putting out the fires, yep I get that is a corporate response to conflict management and most importantly, 3. your tech crew is also very limited in the response they can give because the issue is with the game producers, not BFG. They don't appear to have been able to update to Win 10 and with the last upgrade of Win 10 last week, that we were forced to have, well in my opinion, the game producers either haven't been able to keep up with Microsoft, or just don't really care. It is a very profitable game for them, so why bother? I honestly believe that most players think, that you, as mods, are the ones who can sort out any problems. I know you can't. you are facilitators, PR people and pacifiers and that is OK, but your routine answers, and the lack of credible or useful help from tech support, well that is just woeful in my opinion. I love this game, I have spent an enormous amount of money, more than I should on playing. I think it's time for you guys to be really honest and tell us what the issues are with loading, crashing etc That's all, I won't keep trying refreshing, clearing caches etc for hours trying to get in and play unless I receive an actual, real solution, that doesn't treat me like an idiot that can't read or follow basic instructions or has no knowledge about how pc's work

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 5, 17 11:03 AM
I totally agree, but only see it on forum pages for online games, not others. Have been pinged before by mods for calling attention to it, in another guise. So I make the effort, go through each stupid one and mark as offensive, which I honestly think they are. But it seems to me: They come in bursts, usually from 1 or 2 people, surely there is a way of blocking/removing these specific users, there are many repeat offenders, they just add a few different numbers to their name. In this day and age, surely there is some security device that blocks this like adblockers. And it seems that the response time is slow, given there is probably a lot of us reporting this stuff,

posted in Rooms of Memory on Nov 1, 17 4:35 AM
I cannot log in at all this evening. I played earlier in the day without problems but no keep getting the spinning icon on a white background. I have cleared my cache numerous times, restarted the computer a few times, checked Flash Player. I play on Win 10 PC. The only way I have been able to access the game is via Internet Explorer, rather than Windows Edge. I also tried Firefox, without success. For the last month or say I have been able to load the game, with a few problems but at least it was playable. There were a few weird things, I couldn't access the "character" tab in the Duels so couldn't access the chest to store items. Also I could never get into the Legends page. Sometimes the game would load badly ie with lots of spinning icons, or if I asked for help for any dragon, the "help requested" notice would not disappear and then the game would crash if I tried to play. So quite a few problems playing with Win 10, and probably worse since last week's update. Now I can't load at all.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator