Posts created by shripch

posted in Avalon Legends Solitaire 2 on Aug 16, 15 8:40 PM
JennieC wrote:This is a great game. Once the forum explained how to exit, I bought it and was hooked. I am not keen on building games, but here it "fits" and I am not finding it too intrusive. It isn't quite as good or challenging (so far - I am on Level 100) as Chronicles of Emerland, but is a fun and relaxing game. Much better than all those generic Solitaire games that have been released recently.

That was me to a tee!

posted in Avalon Legends Solitaire 2 on Aug 16, 15 8:37 PM
Thanks to all those who helped their fellow game enthusiasts with the exit problem. Works like a charm

posted in Beyond: Light Advent Collector's Edition on Aug 10, 15 11:54 PM
Oh my This is so wonderful! I love this game and want to tell the developers what a perfectly perfect game. I'm even enjoying the music The Cadenza games were delightful too. You are nailing it! Please! More like this!

posted in New York Mysteries: High Voltage Collector's Edition on Jun 6, 15 10:24 AM
Instant buy after trial of about 15 minutes! Feels like I've been transported into an X-File episode. Loved that show and loving this game. And like rainworm the opening scene didn't offend me at all. And I wouldn't have the faintest idaea about accuracies concerning New York City, never having lived there. I play these games for pure happy pleasure, and sometimes I get it!

posted in Surface: Alone in the Mist Collector's Edition on Jun 5, 15 12:30 AM
I'll be odd man out here. I'm enjoying this game and findinding it interesting and fun. When I want "hard nut to crack" games, I play pure adventure. When I play HOS, I want them fun, without fairies, dragons, goblins,and if possible, no cute animal helpers. Something extra to look for in each scene (in this case flowers ), a variety of HOS, great graphics, and sound that fits the scenes. Check, check and check! Plus, the code for yesterday worked and the game was $6.99, not $13.99. Great deal

posted in Grim Tales: The Final Suspect Collector's Edition on May 17, 15 3:01 PM
biomix wrote:I am thinking the exact opposite here.
This is an EXCELLENT game. So much to do! It totally held my attention. I am not seeing the time go by. I am even interested in the storyline, which I never am.
I would say this is a game for intermediate or advanced players, or for someone who really wants to put in the time and effort and concentration and not just fly through a game that was just slapped together. Love the puzzles, minis, hogs, love everything about this game. Of course I bought it! Great job! thank you to the developers and big fish games!!

Couldn't agree more! Great game. Off to buy right now.

PS You know a game is good when you're so enthralled it ticks your husband off

posted in Reflections of Life: Equilibrium Collector's Edition on Apr 18, 15 11:50 AM
Please read twinsoniclab's review. Spot on! This is such a treat! With a sale it's just too much good stuff to find on a beautiful Saturday morning.
Everything about this game is appealing, and I want to thank the creators for their brilliant work of art. A fantastic game IS a work of art, with sweat and love thrown in for good measure.
Thank you!

posted in Cadenza: The Kiss of Death Collector's Edition on Apr 5, 15 12:47 PM
Wow! Just like the first, a fabulous game. Spot on in every way, music, story, accents, locations. A real Easter treat for us.

posted in Regency Solitaire on Apr 3, 15 2:30 PM
I love this game!!! Sorry to the developers that I waited so long to post a review, but better late than never. This is a delightful game, perfect for replaying and permanently on my desktop.

A note to new players who want to play it again. Don't change your profile, just hit "play" and start all over again with all the upgrades and extra cards. Very pleasant!

posted in Fear for Sale: Endless Voyage Collector's Edition on Apr 3, 15 2:23 PM
This is as good a game as Credenza, and that was a great game I'm fascinated by the shifts in music according to the setting, the graphics, the storyline, all of it. I highly recommend this game!

posted in Dead Reckoning: Brassfield Manor Collector's Edition on Mar 12, 15 10:57 AM
What a great game! I've been waiting for a good who done it with atmosphere and this game delivers. Beautiful graphics, perfect voice overs, morphing objects, collectibles, pitch perfect background noise, and murder most foul! The puzzles are perfect too. the whole shebang

PS Thanks to the fishies who remind us of codes to use. Most appreciated.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Brassfield Manor Collector's Edition on Mar 12, 15 10:50 AM
The code worked and this game is worth the price. Thanks

posted in Final Cut: The True Escapade Collector's Edition on Nov 24, 14 8:17 PM
Well I for one love this game! I am so sick of cute games that look and feel like something a young girl would love. Murder! Skulduggery! Old time film studios! I've been waiting for a game like this, and I'm sorry to discover I might be the odd man out here. Oh well! To each his own.

posted in Danse Macabre: Crimson Cabaret Collector's Edition on Sep 25, 14 11:55 AM
Oh La La!! I even left the music on , like Cadenza. It all fits, a sweet work of art, like Toulouse himself, complete with the hat. I haven't been buying CEs lately so buying this is a real compliment to the developers. I love all of their games and own every one of them!

posted in Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director on Sep 22, 14 12:21 PM
This is a fun old-fashioned HO game. It can be boring, but it's a great "while watching TV" game. lots of replay value to get faster and faster at finding the objects. But the ship! And the cabins! Wow, if I had the money it would take to be in one of those giant cabins, I'd be sailing around the world right now, not playing games on BF!

posted in Arizona Rose and the Pharaohs' Riddles on Sep 22, 14 12:13 PM
I've only tried the trial period, but this game has not grabbed my attention. I do enjoy this kind of puzzle, but I'll have to try the first Arizona Rose (some reviewers have stated it's better that it's sequel) and see what I think. Thanks to all the reviewers who help all of us to make informed decisions about how to spend our money and our time!

posted in 9 Clues: The Ward on Sep 18, 14 10:28 AM
Oh sunny day, I am happy as a blue jay! I needed a break from witches, demons, and cute animal helpers. I had just resolved to wait out the recent spate of such fare until someone developed a good old-fashioned who done it (with a scare factor that's WOW) and this comes along! Bought it 15 minutes into the trial. This developer makes the BEST SEs around and deserves our support. If I don't already have all of their games, I will soon rectify that.

posted in The Far Kingdoms: Winter Solitaire on Sep 9, 14 9:39 AM
katbear50 wrote:Relaxed Mode? ~ The Far Kingdoms: Winter Solitaire
Will there be an un-timed/relaxed mode for this game?
If not, that will be a deal breaker for me.
I love solitaire games, but they are my Relaxing-Time....
and I don't find racing against a clock relaxing.
Would be better if the description of the game always included the playing-modes.
Thanks, and enjoy your gaming
=^,,^=
the kat

You have spoken for me! I play to relax, and I have never purchased a "timed" game. I'd be awake till dawn from the nerves tingling!

posted in 3 Cards to Dead Time on Sep 6, 14 4:50 PM
My computer froze! I mean totally, and for awhile I seriously considered going to the geeks at Best Buy ( I get the coverage for all computers), but after shutting down SEVERAL times I was able to shut the game down. Whew. Immediately uninstalled the game and I'm not re-installing. And for the few minutes it ran properly, it looked like a cool game!! Bummer.

Well, I for one can't get past the trial period. Maybe it's me, but this game is boring! I'm burned out on ho-hum HOGS and long for a Soaring City! I find myself looking through my purchased games for something I can replay. I don't play games as much as I used to. Remarried (as a widow, I needed something to occupy my time but I have that now. His name is Lee!) So I find I'm just not spending the money for just any game. The CEs are going to have to "pop" out at me. This may be a fun game for some, but not interesting or different enough to catch my money.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator